ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nurburgring trip

ph1 172
Staying in what is pretty much a woman's house lol. Little way out. But cheap have to drive past the camp site to get to the ring. There is a very nice Italian near us that all the hotel owners use. Be good if you joined us for a meal somewhere!

Sounds very nice:)

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Spa event is called spa classic. says £10 entry on website but we never paid before. last year they asked for 5 euros to park but well worth it. Can walk everywhere in all the pit garages etc and all the people where very friendly chatting about the cars. plus standing in a garage when they start old f1 cars is pretty cool!

More the better :)

6am ferry from Dover to Dunkirk on the Friday 25th.
4pm ferry from Dunkirk to Dover on the Monday 28th.

If you can get the same times as we could either meet you on the way down OR at Dover, we're all meeting a Fourwentways services Friday morning (time unconfirmed yet) i'd imagine between 1-2am Shouldn't be too bad for you to get to as you'll come down the A1, and the services is about 10-15 mins from there i believe.

Need to be at Dover around 45 minutes before the ferry leaves.

what month are we talking about?

From Fourwentways services to Dover is 117miles, which works out at roughly 2hours.

Need to be at Dover by 5, so services at say 2.30am?

It then takes roughly 4 and a half hours to get to the ring, working out about 260miles.

Think thats correct.

*the above is taken from google maps*

As for compulsory items we must carry it seems every person in the vehichle must carry a hi-vis, a warning triangle for breakdowns. Also reflector things on headlights to stop us blinding people and a GB badge on the vehicle if not on the plates.
Thats the only things i found that were a must, i may be wrong lol.

Trafic 140dci
From Fourwentways services to Dover is 117miles, which works out at roughly 2hours.

Need to be at Dover by 5, so services at say 2.30am?

It then takes roughly 4 and a half hours to get to the ring, working out about 260miles.

Think thats correct.

*the above is taken from google maps*

As for compulsory items we must carry it seems every person in the vehichle must carry a hi-vis, a warning triangle for breakdowns. Also reflector things on headlights to stop us blinding people and a GB badge on the vehicle if not on the plates.
Thats the only things i found that were a must, i may be wrong lol.
That sounds about right to me 2:30am it is :)

Will bring what you have said and as Breamy says some bulbs too & fuses to cover our arse's, french police are b@sterds

pimp mobile Zafira
If people get stuck and forget things such as light deflectors etc. then the WH Smiths at the ferry terminal sells it all at not that bad a price.

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Possibility of someone dropping out from our trip. So will have 2 hotel spaces free. If anyone wants a real bed pm me!

pimp mobile Zafira
Anyone meeting up near Dover? As Jim and I will be coming down from York for the 6am ferry? Anyone stopping at spa as well?

pimp mobile Zafira
^you hoping to get there for around 5? Be good for us all to get on the ferry together. Would make a good picture!
Does any one have an idea of how many clios are going?

ph1 172
All going well we should be there a little earlier than that.

There will be 3 of us and then maybe a few others that are already there that we no doubt will try and meet.

pimp mobile Zafira
^Sounds like a plan. Can't wait. Can't believe the missus gave me a pass especially as she'll be 35 weeks pregnant by then!

GSXR + KDX220
)Lol, not sure yet, I'll probably be coming from Colchester way so probably somewhere near the m25

GSXR + KDX220
Not sure if I'll be staying at my mates in Clacton Thursday night or getting up up about 1am and picking him up on the way down.

Yep, 6am ferry for me too :)

pimp mobile Zafira
I can't wait either. I get to pop my ring cherry(if this was said anywhere else I'd get some funny looks;)

pimp mobile Zafira
Your not supposed to carry gas bottles containing gas for safety reasons. I've never heard of anyone being pulled for it though! I'm taking some small gas canisters for the stove can't not have a morning brew. Priorities an all.

Ill find out, if not ill strap it to the back of my seat.

Got a badass bbq/hot plate thing that looks like this, was thinking of bringing it as it goes into a little bag lol.
pic_cadac_skottel.png