ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NW Meet - 13th October 2009

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Looks a great turnout, some really good pics there :)

I'll be at the next meet deffo, bringin some sprayed badges for people so if anyone wants one doin tell me before the date and I can bring more ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
Looks like a good show guys. where did you end up? the park up area looks familiar? what's happening on the 29th?

Da

Less
I didn't get any,

But I have to say your car justified racing blue when I stared at it at B&Q, "Bloody hell I need RS wings..." also went through my head. :eek:

Lol cheers Alex! :approve:

She's a work in progress but is slowly heading in the right direction ;)

Well 102bhp/109lb/ft standard, his is 155bhp/119lb/ft, so I guess yeah...

Although, it was the previous owner that fitted the bodies/ecu/etc......its probably about the same cost as a supercharger kit and an ITB kit for a clio put together inc the labour, so quite a bit cost wise lol.

Golf GTD Mk7
Well 102bhp/109lb/ft standard, his is 155bhp/119lb/ft, so I guess yeah...

Although, it was the previous owner that fitted the bodies/ecu/etc......its probably about the same cost as a supercharger kit and an ITB kit for a clio put together inc the labour, so quite a bit cost wise lol.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

omg that's stupid. not bad gains on the bhp, but torque figures seem low. 7K for ITB's.lol. :lolup:

Artic Blime 182
Was a good meet, are there any more photos? Good to see some old face and a lot of new ones..

Jon I was liking the sly 1.4 16v badges on the car lol.

Corsa :$
The pics are really good.. not been to a meet in ages, used to like going with mart even though he used to spend ages on the day or the day before washing the clio!

JDM Dc2
really :eek:. Thats a poor do surely. What did the kit cost? Thought it was just clio's that were hard to tune :)

off the line id beat any standard clio, including a 182 which ive already had some fun with a mate in his ;), as for the comment about the standard valver, dont think its the same as a standard valver tbh, its the same as adamandertons in 2nd and 3rd, but id lose him off the line and 4th onwards as ive proven it, plus his is stripped with full exhaust inc. mani and de-cat... but im not here to try and be better/faster than anyone tbh

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

omg that's stupid. not bad gains on the bhp, but torque figures seem low. 7K for ITB's.lol. :lolup:

where did you get 7k for itbs from??, as ben said the othernight his kit cost 2k, mine is around the same and thats with mapping.

Was a good meet, are there any more photos? Good to see some old face and a lot of new ones..

Jon I was liking the sly 1.4 16v badges on the car lol.

Lol cheers mate, it's a shame it's so obvious it's not a 1.4 though, all you have to do is look at the rear wheels and notice the rear brake discs.

off the line id beat any standard clio, including a 182 which ive already had some fun with a mate in his ;)

You've still not had ago with mine yet matey :rasp: Seriously though I wouldn't mind having abit of blast against your Fez, on a private raceway though of course ;) lol

JDM Dc2
That's a Saturday isn't it? what time would you being going there as I'm working that day.

yeh next saturday mate... i didnt realise it was so far tbh, just asked jord then and its like 3 hours away lol... suppose itd be worth it tho, always wanted to see what i could get... could you not get the day off or?...

yeh next saturday mate... i didnt realise it was so far tbh, just asked jord then and its like 3 hours away lol... suppose itd be worth it tho, always wanted to see what i could get... could you not get the day off or?...

Highly doubtful as I've already booked all days off at work, we were all forced to book all our holidays off for this year and next.

Considering its around 2hr45min each way I doubt you would bother just calling in ;)

Lol. Really? never realised it was that far away and yeah can't do what I did last time when I crashed the ZSOC.com meet lol.

JDM Dc2
Highly doubtful as I've already booked all days off at work, we were all forced to book all our holidays off for this year and next.

Lol. Really? never realised it was that far away and yeah can't do what I did last time when I crashed the ZSOC.com meet lol.

we'll defo go next year then mate, or the next rwyb if you want, get a load off people to come aswell...

next saterday aint a ZSOC meet thingy again lol, its just been posted up on there to let everyone know thats all... is a bit of a treck tho lol

off the line id beat any standard clio, including a 182 which ive already had some fun with a mate in his ;), as for the comment about the standard valver, dont think its the same as a standard valver tbh, its the same as adamandertons in 2nd and 3rd, but id lose him off the line and 4th onwards as ive proven it, plus his is stripped with full exhaust inc. mani and de-cat... but im not here to try and be better/faster than anyone tbh

where did you get 7k for itbs from??, as ben said the othernight his kit cost 2k, mine is around the same and thats with mapping.

How would a 155bhp car beat a 182ish bhp car? Am I missing something here?

Ive yet to witness this, the 182 driver had no arms or legs IIRC!....there wouldnt be much in it, and 100mph+ the RS would get away with ease imo.

Considering ive just added up nearly 4k in parts off the top of my head for your engine/spec, disregarding the cost of the replacement bottom end, replacement cams, puma gearbox and second mapping session.....its not going to be anywhere near 2k lol.

Plus it wasn't 2k, he said 'around' that.....and he got it as a good deal as it was the first general clio application they had done apparently, listen and read his thread ;)

As for a Jenvy/omex setup on a Clio you're looking at quite a lot more than that if the parts are new...

we'll defo go next year then mate, or the next rwyb if you want, get a load off people to come aswell...

next saterday aint a ZSOC meet thingy again lol, its just been posted up on there to let everyone know thats all... is a bit of a treck tho lol

Yeah sounds like a plan mate, I'm hoping I won't be involved in this posting lark by then, if things go to plan I'll be back in the building game and I'll have most saturdays off :D

Considering ive just added up nearly 4k in parts off the top of my head for your engine/spec, disregarding the cost of the replacement bottom end, replacement cams, puma gearbox and second mapping session.....its not going to be anywhere near 2k lol.

Plus it wasn't 2k, he said 'around' that.....and he got it as a good deal as it was the first general clio application they had done apparently, listen and read his thread ;)

As for a Jenvy/omex setup on a Clio you're looking at quite a lot more than that if the parts are new...

LOL thanks mate. I think i said between 2 and 2.5k.

Im not giving the price away, as i said i wouldnt :)

JDM Dc2
How would a 155bhp car beat a 182ish bhp car? Am I missing something here?

sorry but i did lol, mine was 160bhp at the time, and arnet 182 175ish standard when been on say RST's rollers??...considering its only standard with a cat-back and weighs like 200kgs more... coming over a roundabout then both of us planted it exiting the roundabout and i was loosing him VERY slightly... what do 182s do 0-60 aswell 6.7 iirc... ive managed 6.3 at ford fair and i truely believe i can get in the 5s with say R888s

Ive yet to witness this, the 182 driver had no arms or legs IIRC!....there wouldnt be much in it, and 100mph+ the RS would get away with ease imo.

yep dale has arms no leags tho, hand controls ftw

Yeah sounds like a plan mate, I'm hoping I won't be involved in this posting lark by then, if things go to plan I'll be back in the building game and I'll have most saturdays off :D

sounds good mate!

sorry but i did lol, mine was 160bhp at the time, and arnet 182 175ish standard when been on say RST's rollers??...considering its only standard with a cat-back and weighs like 200kgs more... coming over a roundabout then both of us planted it exiting the roundabout and i was loosing him VERY slightly... what do 182s do 0-60 aswell 6.7 iirc... ive managed 6.3 at ford fair and i truely believe i can get in the 5s with say R888s

Its torque that will mainly define who is faster at 'pulling away'.

1*2s are 30lb/ft+ up on you

Nimbus Megane R26
im a fan of the car jamie, but you wont beat a 182 that is standard/had mild mods.

Up for a blat sometime behind royal mail? pink slips? lol

Lets not turn this into a b**ch fest, just lets see it proved lol.

JDM Dc2
im a fan of the car jamie, but you wont beat a 182 that is standard/had mild mods.

Up for a blat sometime behind royal mail? pink slips? lol

Lets not turn this into a b**ch fest, just lets see it proved lol.

id have pink slip against a williams not a 182, williams next car, since ive started driving ive always wanted one:D

if you think i wont beat one fair enough each to their own... i aint turning this into a b**ch thread, people have a problem with my car

Nimbus Megane R26
People dont have a problem with it mate, dont think that! At B&Q people wernt looking around it because they had a problem with it! As iv said in your progress threat, i like it..good gains had on bhp and it looks class! I just dont personally think its in the same league power-wise as a 1*2 with the difference in torque/bhp .. love to be proved wrong though ;)

Anyway cant let another thread turn into a b!tchfest hah..

JDM Dc2
People dont have a problem with it mate, dont think that! At B&Q people wernt looking around it because they had a problem with it! As iv said in your progress threat, i like it..good gains had on bhp and it looks class! I just dont personally think its in the same league power-wise as a 1*2 with the difference in torque/bhp .. love to be proved wrong though ;)

Anyway cant let another thread turn into a b!tchfest hah..

looing forward to the next meet anyways, hope it turns out as big and good as this one was... looking forwrd to these pics ian!!