ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 iPhone Contracts - Unlimited texts on 26th Feb

Citroen DS3 DSport
iPhone Simplicity 20 only costs £20 per month, you should not be charged £30 for the same tariff.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
But it's contract. :S

He's paying for the phone in the tariff surely.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If he's paying for the phone then it's not Simplicity which is a sim only tariff with a 30 day rolling contract.

S3, Polo
I have Simplicity 20.

It was the best 'iPhone-friendly' SIM-only contract out there IMO - and I don't use all my texts anyway!

This news = "meh"

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If he's paying for the phone then it's not Simplicity which is a sim only tariff with a 30 day rolling contract.
Surely the guy is on a contract but the tarriff is the same as the simplicity plan.

Mountune Tractor
My missus was going to go to vodafone next week for her iphone as she's with o2 the unlimited texts might keep her with o2.

So £35+ contracts only?

Fat chance of that mate. My missus signed up for the iphone with Vodaphone weeks ago and they are still out of stock. There customer service line is a joke as well.
Compared to Orange, Vodaphone suck balls. Majorly.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I better tell her, luckily she is swaying towards the free texts with o2 now.

AK

M240i
172boost said:
Fat chance of that mate. My missus signed up for the iphone with Vodaphone weeks ago and they are still out of stock. There customer service line is a joke as well.

I ordered one Thursday and had it Friday and they were great to me on the phone...

Bux

Golf GTD
Just so you know, it is definately possible to change your tariff.

I just found this on O2s question thing

Can I change my tariff?
Yes,*standard*tariff*rules*apply.*You*can*upgrade*your*tariff*at*any*point*however*you*can't*lower*your*tariff*for*9*months.*

After*9*months*you*may*reduce*your*tariff*to*the*next*lowest*tariff*in*our*tariff*range.*The*following*month*you*may*reduce*your*tariff*again.*

You*can*change*your*tariff*to*a*higher*tariff*at*any*time.*

To*change*your*tariff,*simply*click*on*the*'Transfer*tariff*form'*link*below*and*fill*in*the*form.*We'll*then*get*back*to*you*within*24*hours*to*let*you*know*when*the*change*will*be*effective.*

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Unlucky. My missus needed a new work phone, so her company phoned voda to sort it. An hour later she had a phonecall from voda wanting to know her delivery address for delivery the following day (which was a saturday). This was a couple of weeks back.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Try on the 26th of feb once they actually release the idea.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Just had a call from o2 as i sent them an email, unlimited texts only applies to new contracts taken out from the 26th

That was obvious really. They aren't going to let you improve your contract, losing them a mass amount of money for no increase.

It's a clever move. All these stupid people that are still buying iPhones now will all jump on this like it's a good idea.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
What about upgrades? That's pretty much what my missus is going for.

MKV R32
That was obvious really. They aren't going to let you improve your contract, losing them a mass amount of money for no increase.

It's a clever move. All these stupid people that are still buying iPhones now will all jump on this like it's a good idea.

Care to explain?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
agreed, I'm on O2 simplicity until the new one is out, then I'll be back on the £35 tarriff

Bux

Golf GTD
It works!

My mate just rang up and they changed his tariff to the unlimited texts one no problem. Just ring up and ask to change to the equivilent one with unlimited texts.

Apparantly there is a queue on the phone lines though

Citroen DS3 DSport
I see the standard Simplicity tariffs now have unlimited texts, I wonder if the iPhone Simplicity 20 tariff is the same?

EDIT:

Yes but it now cost £25 per month for the same number of minutes.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/sim-only-iphone

The £35 per month 18 month tariff is worse than it was having dropped to only 300 inc minutes.

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport
Anyone can switch onto the tariff so long as it's equal in value to your existing option if you are within the initial 9 months of a 18 month contract. All other people can change to any tariff at any time once per month.

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
My missus is just emailing about a 18month contract unlimited net/texts and 300 mins £30 per month. iPhone 3gs.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i just went on the iphone simplicity 1 month jobby, good deal, i get 900 minutes, unlimited texts, data, access to cloud and visual voicemail for £30 a month and can upgrade anytime. Bonza

Citroen DS3 DSport
I could be tempted to switch to the new iPhone 20 tariff which drops my inclusive minutes from 600 to 300 but then add the Your Family bolt on option for £7.50 in order to get unlimited calls to 4 other o2 numbers. The majority of my usage would easily be included within this and anything else would come out of my standard allowance.

Megane 225 F1
Surely if they have changed the contract deals, they have voied the T&C which therefore allows us to cancel our contracts?

My mate used to work for virgin mobile in the call centre and he said that virgin did the same kind of thing once and people were able to exit their contracts because of it.

Just seen o2 now do an 18 month contract with

100mins
unlimtied internet
unlimtied texts

for 30quid a month. + cost of 180 for 16gb or 280 for 32gb

So think seeing as im due an upgrade im seriously considering the 16gb option seeing as ive been quoted 84 quid for my old phone

bringing my contract down 12.50 a month and the iphone costing me around 95quid after recycling

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I am SO happy about this, 300 mins, unlimited texts, WINNER!

Changing today if I can get through. :)

Had a 50£ bill from going over texts by accident, fail :( lol!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just seen o2 now do an 18 month contract with

100mins
unlimtied internet
unlimtied texts

for 30quid a month. + cost of 180 for 16gb or 280 for 32gb

So think seeing as im due an upgrade im seriously considering the 16gb option seeing as ive been quoted 84 quid for my old phone

bringing my contract down 12.50 a month and the iphone costing me around 95quid after recycling
That's the one my missus is going for, she got 300mins because she was thinking about leaving to go to vodafone iPhone.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Right welll ignor what the woman who rang me said.

just changed to 300 mins unlimited texts - £35 a month

was previously on 600 mins 500 texts plus £7.50 unlimited text bolt on

winner :D
only £7.50 a month saving but add that onto the £35 a month ive still been paying for mt t-mobile contract that runs out this month too n thats a nice saving each month :D

ideal. i currently have 600minutes on my contract. but i dont i use 6 a month tbh.

Just notice my renewal is May on their system but it lets me go through to the upgrade screen on o2.co.uk and order details etc. Usualy its the last month of a contract you get an upgrade. When ive tried before it doesnt let you as it says upgrade not avalible for this contract yet

Not sure what to do as i dont want to be charged for 2 contracts a month.

better get onto the phone to o2 later then