ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 iPhone Contracts - Unlimited texts on 26th Feb

Bux

Golf GTD
Ive been told that on 26th Feb O2 are changing all their iPhone tarrifs above £35 to include unlimited texts.

So if you are already with O2 then you should be able to ring them up and get them to swap it over so you can have unlimited texts.

About time.....

I hope this is true. My mate told me after he rang up O2 to try and get unlimited on his iphone contract.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
if thats true what about people that have paid for the unlimited txt bolt on? do i get a refund?

AK

M240i
Seems like the only logical thing they could have done after Voda released the iPhone with unlimited texts..

Bux

Golf GTD
if thats true what about people that have paid for the unlimited txt bolt on? do i get a refund?

Just get them to remove the bolt on then. You wont get a refund on what you've paid so far but you wont have to pay the extra anymore

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd be happy with a iPhone that doesn't break and have to be sent back everytime i update it.

B

Bucko

Does anyone really use all the 600 free messages you already get?!

B

Bucko

f**k that, i use about 200 minutes and 200 texts a month. I get so much more value for money now that i'm on a simplicty contract (waiting for the next iphone ;))

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Does anyone really use all the 600 free messages you already get?!

Ye i used to txt like 2000 a month before, since i have got the iphone iv cut it down to about 700, so this unlimited will be preety handy for me :)

Facelift R53 Cooper S
Of the 1200 minutes they give me I normally use 150 lol, but I max out the 500 txts they give me.

If this applies to existing customers then that's good as I refuse to purchase the bolt-on

Mental 172 Cup
i use around 1400 texts so waiting for these tariffs to take effect then i can get my iphone!

MkV Golf R32
Thats the right idea tbh, I have just finished my contract and now on rolling contract untill the summer when the new one comes out.

f**k that, i use about 200 minutes and 200 texts a month. I get so much more value for money now that i'm on a simplicty contract (waiting for the next iphone ;))

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
This best be true as I only get 500 messages 600 minutes and I absolutely nail through the texts :(

Fiesta ST3
a mate of mine rang o2 the other day trying to haggle a upgrade to a iphone with unlimited texts and he was told to ring back after the 26th so this seems to be true..

I stopped sending most texts when I got the iPhone.. I just e-mail the same people.

I use about 800-900 minutes, and 45 text, Heh.

BMW 320 M Sport, 197
I'd be happy with a iPhone that doesn't break and have to be sent back everytime i update it.

Do you have an 8gb 3G? If so I had 3 of these last year due to same problem!
Eventually got it changed to a 16g 3GS and not had a problem since!

a burnt one
This is good news as i was sending about 3,000 texts a month and the bills were ludicrous, i phoned up to ask for a different plan a while ago and the guy said all they could do was give me a 500 text bundle for £5 a month.

Unlimited texts is the way to go.

I have used 18 minutes worth of calls in the 6 months i've had the phone.

This is good news as i was sending about 3,000 texts a month and the bills were ludicrous, i phoned up to ask for a different plan a while ago and the guy said all they could do was give me a 500 text bundle for £5 a month.

3,000 texts at let say a 1 minute to write and send, being generous but I'm not factoring in reading the responses works out at 50 hours a month texting.

AK

M240i
NOT! gary l said:

I hope it's single burds you're texting these days lol!

a burnt one
3,000 texts at let say a 1 minute to write and send, being generous but I'm not factoring in reading the responses works out at 50 hours a month texting.

That would be about right, i would text from 8pm untill midnigt when i was nightshift and if i was dayshift it would be pretty much constant.

Some replies would only be a one word answer though, this would bring the average time down. lol

AGH the sl*g
Although dont get too carried away, when a contact states unlimited texts, this is actuallly capped to 3000 any after that point you will be charged for.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
So just a case of calling o2 up then to get the unlimited texts???

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
That would be about right, i would text from 8pm untill midnigt when i was nightshift and if i was dayshift it would be pretty much constant.

Some replies would only be a one word answer though, this would bring the average time down. lol

jesus thats sad, how old are you? 3000 a month?? my god i thought women were the worst for this

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Would this men then your contract would be different? ie run for longer?

is it for new customers only?

looked on the site and i cant see anything, have a feeling it will only apply to new contracts or upgrades

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My missus was going to go to vodafone next week for her iphone as she's with o2 the unlimited texts might keep her with o2.

So £35+ contracts only?

Full Fat 182

Me to. iphone Simplicity: 1200 texts, 600mins, unlimited wifi/internet bolt on = £20 a month, i.e. £15 quid cheaper and only a 30 contract compared to pay monthly iPhone contract

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Me to. iphone Simplicity: 1200 texts, 600mins, unlimited wifi/internet bolt on = £20 a month, i.e. £15 quid cheaper and only a 30 contract compared to pay monthly iPhone contract

i have the same tariff and i pay £30... how'd you manage that?