ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

O2 iPhone Contracts - Unlimited texts on 26th Feb

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Email them they will give you an upgrade code mate.

They email back very very quickly.

i have an upgrade code from their site that it text me.

Just wondering if 2months before i should be eligible for upgrade is an error

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's only in the last month, my missus was exactly the same. You can cancel easy tho. Just email them.

Got to say there email replies are very quick.

Citroen DS3 DSport
They allowed me to upgrade or change tariff 2 months early so no harm in you trying. It all depends on your average monthly spend.

ahh ideal well ive emailed them now ( i hope as there was nothing to confirm id sent the form :s)

I shall find out later i hope and beable to get rid of this awfuly bland average samsungtocco ultra

I have JUST came off the phone to O2.

They said I now have to be on a £40 contract to get the unlimited texts (I currently pay £35).

Also said that MMS messages are now 20p each rather than inclusive of your text plan.

Lame

EDIT: She did say this applies to 18month contract only. 24month and you can upgrade

Citroen DS3 DSport
I have JUST came off the phone to O2.

They said I now have to be on a £40 contract to get the unlimited texts (I currently pay £35).

Also said that MMS messages are now 20p each rather than inclusive of your text plan.

Lame

The £40 charge is to allow you to keep the same number of monthly minutes that you had at £35 but there is no reason why you could not drop your inclusive minutes allowance and take the £35 tariff with unlimited texts. If they told you anything other than this then it is a lie.

Also MMS are included:

Inclusive text

Your inclusive text allowance can be used for UK text, picture, video or roaming messages. 1 picture or video texts sent is equivalent to 4 text messages. 1 text message sent from abroad is equivalent to 4 text messages.

She blatantly lied to me then.

I specifically asked about the MMS and she said she will check, she came back and said it is 20p and not inclusive of your plan now. UK or abroad.

Also said £40 or else I cant do it.

I will call again and have another bash

Yeah a load of people are mentioning this on HOTUKDEALS.

However by all accounts I can at least deffinately upgrade.

Although I get 300 less minutes in exchange for unlimited texts, which is better obviously.

If MMS' is not included though, it doesn't really bother me to upgrade.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The full T&C's contradict the other info from their website:

Inclusive Messages and Message Charges
  1. Inclusive messages on O2 Pay Monthly tariffs (including iPhone tariffs) can be used for unlimited:
    • texts sent in the UK to UK mobiles,
    • (for 2009 Pay Monthly tariffs only and not 2010 tariffs), texts sent from abroad (including Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Mann),from your mobile phone for private, personal and non-commercial purposes. This excludes international texts. You may not use your SIM Card:
    • in, or connected to, any other device; or
    • in a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.
    If O2 reasonably suspect you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges or disconnect your SIM or tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
  2. Inclusive messages on O2 Pay Monthly tariffs can not be used for:
    • premium rate messages where special charges apply,
    • sending messages from the UK to international numbers, these are charged at 16p, except for customers subscribed to Discount Country or ITS who will be charged at 12p; or
    • any chargeable messages you receive.
  3. Picture messages or video messages sent to UK mobiles will be charged at 20p per message.

Just confirmed this.

Spoke to someone else.

MMS is now 20p per message. apparently the MMS = 4 texts is no more from O2.

Upgrade and you will be charged for MMS'.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've just been told MMS's are now chargable, as unlimited texts would mean a lot of MMS sending was possible...

Went from £35 a month, with 600 mins, 500 texts

To...........£35 a month with 300 mins unlimited texts.

Oh and the plan starts tmrw, great :)

Clio 182 cup'd
So if I am 6 months into a 24 month contract, I can change onto the new 18 month contract for the remainder of my term?

Or can I switch to the new 24 month contract for the remaining 18 months?

Facelift R53 Cooper S
They know what they're doing don't they, Unlimited text's but now charge for picture messages?

You can't win :(

I might hold off from going for the unlimited text's now. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Why anyone with an iPhone is sending MMS is beyond me.

I'm going to ask.....?

Sure, if you are sending one to someone else with an iPhone, email etc, but I went and bought my car, sent a pic of it to a few mates phones who were interested....

Although not like a give a f**k, was the first time I've ever sent a picture message with the thing, lol!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ email them, much better,

Il be phoning o2 after work, im on 24month 45quid, so i should be able to get it free :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
I know people without a iPhone who also do not use email on their mobile. MMS is the only option.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hardly any of my mates would even be interested emailing from their phone.

I do it from my berry sometimes.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Thing is if everyone emailed you wouldn't need unlimited texts.

Most of my phone messaging is IM, then Email's then texts. Rarely MMS.

Citroen DS3 DSport
MMS are handy in the middle of a text conversation, now that I have 1200 texts each month I happily send MMS pics.

Just come off the phone from o2

they said in an 18 month contract they can upgrade your contract within the last 3 months

so just changed my contract to a lower tarrif and my iphone 3gs should be with me tuesday yay

a burnt one
Ever tried sending an MMS without using wifi? 3G is not always available, in fact it's not available either where i live or work and emailing, even without any attatchments is impossible.

a burnt one
Yes I know, but to not send an mms, but still send the pic, you would need to send it by email which I presume is the method you are talking about, in which case you will need wifi or 3g.

Mental 172 Cup
Just come off the phone from o2

they said in an 18 month contract they can upgrade your contract within the last 3 months

so just changed my contract to a lower tarrif and my iphone 3gs should be with me tuesday yay

they told me that it was only in the last month :S hmmm may have to ring them again tomorrow

Mental 172 Cup
i didnt manage to get the iphone yet damn! but i managed to drop my tariff from £45 a month to £30 a month for 300mins unlimited texts and unlimited web! :)

2014 Focus Titanium
I use MMS all the time on my iPhone, even though I frequently use email on my iPhone for work and personal, MMS is just easier and quicker!

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I'm currently on £35 a month, 600 mins and 500 texts. I've had the phone & contract 20 days, can I get the unlimited text deal as its the same price as what I'm paying!

Last edited:

Bux

Golf GTD
I'm currently on £35 a month, 600 mins and 500 texts. I've had the phone & contract 20 days, can I get the unlimited text deal as its the same price as what I'm paying!

In their terms, it says that you can change it to a lower tariff after 9 months, or an equal or higher tariff at anytime.

I say just ring up and ask

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah hopefully it will be fine, because its the same price as what I'm paying atm. Would I be better ringing up or going to my nearest store? I'd much rather be in the unlimited texts deal as I've had to cut down so much, 500 isn't enough.

DB.

BMW 440i
What price are people paying for the handsets here?

The deal that seems the best, but not brilliant is with 02 online and is

£35 a month, £149 for the Handset, 300 mins and Free internet.