ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OBD scanner tool/app and ABS sensors - 182

Clio182
I need to monitor my ABS sensors - warning lights coming on/off like it’s Christmas! So I’m looking for a scanner tool or app (iPhone) which will let me read what’s going on with the ABS sensors.

Any recommendations? Preferably nothing too ridiculously expensive. But it need to work well.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Possibly not the sensors but the actual ABS rings that might be missing teeth or might be cracked.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Don't know of any obd apps that can read the abs computer protcol on these unfortunately.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Ive not seen any decent bluetooth diagnostic setups that run on your phone that can read abs.

Renault Clip on an old win7 laptop is best, it will show what faults are stored.

Clio 182
I've got CLIP and a Creader obd tool that both work well on my 182. You are welcome to borrow them if you want to give them a go. I'm in RG10.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
I need to monitor my ABS sensors - warning lights coming on/off like it’s Christmas! So I’m looking for a scanner tool or app (iPhone) which will let me read what’s going on with the ABS sensors.

Any recommendations? Preferably nothing too ridiculously expensive. But it need to work well.
I had an issue with ABS and Traction light coming on. Fault code reader (an expensive one) flagged up an ABS sensor. Sensor replaced to no avail. The problem ended up being the steering angle sensor.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
This claims to be awesome. I have a CLIP and am likely going to buy one of these to try out as I'm getting really bored of the CLIP clone I have dropping comms every few mins.

Renault Clio RS 182
I have Torque Pro and it's excellent for what it does... however it only reads ECU data. I've four cars in total - my 182, an E46, a Golf V TSi and a Ford Focus Mk2. I would be really interested in getting another app that could read more than just ECU data - i.e. body, brakes, transmission stuff for those cars if anyone could recommend something ? I took a look at Carly but it doesn't seem to do anything more than Torque Pro for the Ford for example.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
This claims to be awesome. I have a CLIP and am likely going to buy one of these to try out as I'm getting really bored of the CLIP clone I have dropping comms every few mins.

has anyone tried one of these?

Well it arrived. "This is a bad sign" I thought...

1619472769017.png

Oh well, who needs readme files anyway... apparently I do

1619472828991.png

Well at least there's a download link on the product page, I'll try that. Oh ffs.

1619473126664.png

Emailed support late at night and had an English download link in my inbox the next morning.

Pros
  • No messing around with drivers or cracks during install. Mount an ISO, connect to car, enter license key and away you go.
  • Can connect to all the modules on a 182, clear some (?) code, view & possibly log data.
  • Only disconnected 4 times in about an hour and a half. Twice it reconnected and picked back up where it left off, twice it reconnected and lost progress in whatever procedure it was doing at the time.
  • No annoying VIN detection or multiplex test every time you connect!!! It remembers your vehicle & the modules installed.
  • At least some of the useful stuff does work, e.g. actuate ABS valves. Has menus for configurations (e.g. turning airbags off) and special functions (e.g. steering angle sensor reset) but not tried those as already been done with Clip. Has a menu for key programming.
Cons
  • At least some of the interesting stuff does not work. Could not configure speedo for 15" wheels, get an error message in Spanish. Could not clear an "unknown" UCH and engine DTC. Functional test for can bus doesn't work.
  • When it does disconnect halfway through doing something it seems to leave the car a bit confused. Lost connection
  • No help documentation, links to online resources are broken, software appears to be from a company that no longer exists, worrying lack of "are you sure" prompts in some parts - but it must be said that's no different to eBay Clip.
  • Needs help finding some ECUs. E.g. it recognises that there's an ABS module but gives you a big dropdown list of possible Renault ABS modules and you need to try them all by trial and error. Fine when there's only a few options (headlight module) or if you happen to have half an idea what you're looking for. Clip is probably easier if you're looking to do something on a model where isn't much info online.

I'll use this in the first instance as it's faster to use and more reliable, but if you've already got Clip I'd still keep Clip as a backup.

P.S. if you use Rob's link, don't forget to click the button at the top right to visit the English version of the website otherwise it's about £5 more if you pay in euros :LOL:

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Any screenshots of the display? Just sounds a bit like most of the ddt based software thats available for the Renaults. Is it all in English? Ive been using Ren0link a bit, and its hit and miss whether your going to be in english or french. They are all largely the same in the respect, that if you fire a command it just sends it and bricks the ecu if your not careful :LOL:

I must admit my clone clip rarely disconnects, it works absolutely sound.

Besides not taking a million years & numerous failed attempts to connect, another advantage of this Bluetooth device is that it appears to consume far less power than the CLIP interface. So you’ve actually got half a chance of using it for an extended amount of time somewhere where you can’t put the car on trickle charge e.g. roadside.

Anyway, what I really came here to say is that I’m a bit dubious of some of the reported DTC codes. For example CLIP reports “DF065 ABS Regulation” but this Bluetooth device reads the same DTC as “CD10D4 ABS Regulation”. Just means double the amount of web pages to trawl through when looking for info on the less obvious faults.