ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Obligatory Snappy Refurb Photos

Arctic Blue 182FF
Seeing as my old steering wheel had a bit of melting on the top and the grips had just begun to fall apart I decided it was as good as time as any to treat myself to one of Snappy's refurbs..

182_zps54e76195.jpg

186_zps9fcf64c8.jpg

185_zps1e5fe2c5.jpg

189_zpsea0433f3.jpg

188_zps60023e3b.jpg

I have to say that I am very impressed with his work, its very very quality, and the match with the airbag is much better in person!

The only criticism I do have is that its a little thin, however the wheel is still brilliant!

Conor.

looks awesome, I think I shall pm him to see what he offers towards my wheel

edit; awaiting reply for price list and options so can let you know as soon as I know Rich :)

Last edited:

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
That's excellent - how much are these as mine is shagged? How hard to take the wheel off ?

Arctic Blue 182FF
Lovely! I see he's doing perforated leather now?

Yea, he offered it to me when we discussed what I wanted!

That's excellent - how much are these as mine is shagged? How hard to take the wheel off ?

Its £185 but you get £45 back once he recieves your old wheel. Not hard at all mate, just disconnect the battery, unclip the airbag and undo a torx screw!

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
So you get an entirely new wheel, not just a refurbed version of your old one? Nice wheel btw!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
So you get an entirely new wheel, not just a refurbed version of your old one? Nice wheel btw!

He does them almost ready to go, personalises it and send it to you. Your old one then gets refurbished, ready for next customer once personalised.

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
He does them almost ready to go, personalises it and send it to you. Your old one then gets refurbished, ready for next customer once personalised.

I see, thanks for clearing that up! What kind of things can be personalised, just colour of stitching/types of leather?

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182
Hi all I PMed Snappy to see about a wheel but not erd owt as yet?!
Cheers Pat

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Hi all I PMed Snappy to see about a wheel but not erd owt as yet?!
Cheers Pat

You will mate, I pm'd him took a couple of days but then it moved really quick, Cant wait to receive my wheel after seeing this!!

Mini Cooper S JCW
Top job! Same combo as mine.
I actually prefer it thinner, I have small hands though.
I was lucky mine was done by the previous owner, but I would say its well worth the cash.

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Top job! Same combo as mine.
I actually prefer it thinner, I have small hands though.
I was lucky mine was done by the previous owner, but I would say its well worth the cash.

Does the wheel actually come thinner then? Less thick leather or something similar?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
its only a bit smaller as proper leather the smell is great.
ive had 6 done by him and each one is spot on.
pms take a while but he works flat out

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Really interested in purchasing one of these forgive me if im being stupid but it's £70 right? And what if your wheel has a chunk of the rubber/plastic taken out? Ours has about a 1inch wide chunk taken out on the outer steering wheel!

Inferno 182
No it's £185 including postage but you will get £45 back when you send off your old wheel when your new one arrives.
He is very busy I'm currently on his list to do.

is the guys username just "snappy" ? I want mine doing and want to PM him or is there a number I can call? , thanks

Last edited:
is this the same person? tried ringing the number many times with no reply...................

Snappy gaiters, 16 Crewe Green Avenue, Haslington, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 5NT. tel.01270 580730

Passat
The wheels are great but I reckon they could use some sort of padding. I don't know exactly want he does - but mine seems much harder than the Renault melty standard thing.

Still looks great though.