ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

off to stealer for warranty work tomorrow, how do I ...

R35 GTR
make sure they dont f**k my car up, scratch it, dent it, take it for a joy ride?

They said they need it all day to fix exhaust, but it should be half hour job!

I have used all petrol up, so if they want to joy ride they will have to fill it up!:evil:

Should i take photos of car before letting them touch it?

Bit worried about this, I only trust GDI with my car.

if its a minter then take the guy around your car and tell him that you know every mark (if any) is on the car, show him whats there or not! and tell them you will be inspecting it when you return! note the mileage!

Oh don't be so anal! lol
Most people working in dealerships are so sick of crappy renaults that they couldn't give two hoots if they have a 182 in and certainly can't be bothered to rag them around, or deal with the hassle involved if the car is damaged in any way.

Rather than walk in like the gestapo making thinly veiled threats about inspections (cue the snap of a latex glove being pulled on) may I suggest you approach your service advisor with a smile when booking the car in, and tell him or her you're a little bit worried about your immaculate baby and would they please make sure they take good care of it.

It works, I promise you ;)

1) Get a post it note
2) Write current mileage on it - "Mileage - ####"
3) Stick post it note to the dashboard in obvious place
4) Take car to dealer leaving post it note attached

This should do the trick, i used to do it all the time with my old car :)

R35 GTR
fUbAr said:
1) Get a post it note

good idea! will do.

Or why don't you just rebook it in for another day and say to them can I bring the car in first thing, say 8am and tell the service receptionist that you'll wait for the car. You did say it was a 30min job.

R35 GTR
The exhaust needs fixing 30 minute job according to my mechanic mate.
They told me its gonna take all day, this is why I am a bit worried by their service.

trailerparktrev said:
Or why don't you just rebook it in for another day and say to them can I bring the car in first thing, say 8am and tell the service receptionist that you'll wait for the car. You did say it was a 30min job.

Dave3141: where are you based? Since I AM the service advisor in my place, if you're worried about how the car is treated you can bring it to us and I'll make sure it's looked after properly :)

fUbAr said:
1) Get a post it note

LMAO that is so anal. Bet they thought what knob owns this car...

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i reckon you should go with DC2DAve's advice. makes more sense to me than the other suggestions.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
They will rag the arse off it to get exhaust sealer to work.....................

most of us owners rag them daily anyway..

so whats the difference between that and some dealer idiot ragging it for 10mins?

R35 GTR
GuyS said:
most of us owners rag them daily anyway..

so whats the difference between that and some dealer idiot ragging it for 10mins?

I always warm the car up for a few minutes, before ragging it. Not too worried now.

not all of us that work at renault are "dealer idiots" and dont take kindly to being tarred with the same brush you use when you have an issue at your local dealer.

ive been working for renault for 14 yrs and i take great pride in my work and respect a customers car as id expect my own to be treated. if there is a GENUINE problem with a car i will do my best to sort it out, yes it may take only 30mins to do the job but if that was the only job you had booked in all day that wont keep 10 techs busy will it?

and before i get off my soap box pretty much all manufacturers have there problems, anyone that says they dont is an outright liar. i know lads working for several manufacturers and there are horror stories from them all thats why i still own a renault(well 6 actually)

I allways take a picture of the millage with my phone then you have got prof that you took the pic when you droped the car off with the time and date on the pic if you write it down they might say you changed it and i just check the car over as well

R35 GTR
Stu 16v said:
not all of us that work at renault are "dealer idiots" and dont take kindly to being tarred with the same brush you use when you have an issue at your local dealer.
who called you an idiot?

I booked my car in for 8am when the doors open. They were only going to sort the exhaust, 30 min job. correct me if I am wrong.

If i get it there first thing and told its not going to be ready till 5 wtf are they doing?

I had a very good reason to doubt the service at this particular one.

it wasnt you but if you look back through the thread the "dealer idiot" is mentioned.

you didnt mention you'd booked it in for doors open and i totally agree with you if your first there i see this everyday.my appologies if you feel offended by what i wrote but it wasnt directed at you from the post's youd left.

stu

lol - well to be honest, when a ropey little clio DOES come into a dealer with a post-it note with the mileage scrawled on it stuck to the dash, we pretty much DO laugh about the owners :p

For what it's worth, Laguna drivers are almost as anal, and far worse to deal with :D

DC2DAve said:
lol - well to be honest, when a ropey little clio DOES come into a dealer with a post-it note with the mileage scrawled on it stuck to the dash, we pretty much DO laugh about the owners :p

Heh, cool... im sure you do :)

but Neil called me an anal knob, which is incorrect.