ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*** Official Call of Duty: Black Ops thread ***

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I had a good few games yesterday, my guns need improving to be fair and hit detection seems very poor for my 4 bar connection and 40ms ping times.

But overall it's getting better, 3 killstreaks yesterday and up to level 8 from 2 in an hour. The maps are poor, I don't care what anyone says, why are they all based around old warehouses or power plants!

f**k right off!

LY 182
Gally I think you'll enjoy it a lot more once you've played for a decent period of time. Once you know the maps, you pretty much know where people are likely to be and then it comes down to who's the quickest to get the best spot and pull the trigger first.

Had some decent games over the weekend / yesterday. Was absolutely gutted on Jungle though. Took a few out, then got some insane triple kill with a semtex lol. Then some faggot on last stand killed me when I was 1 away from the chopper. I still had a care package, so I throw that out, then some camping t**t shoots me and robs it. Next thing I know, enemy Gunship in the air! Would have got a ridiculous score if I'd had the chopper and then the gunship lol.

Some decent evenly matched games with my mates on HTDM too. Had a great little comeback on Firing Range. Must of been around 6500-5500 at the time, I was like 8-13 having a mare, went on a nice little 5 killstreak and a couple of my mates put some runs in and came back to win 7500-7300.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I had a good few games yesterday, my guns need improving to be fair and hit detection seems very poor for my 4 bar connection and 40ms ping times.

But overall it's getting better, 3 killstreaks yesterday and up to level 8 from 2 in an hour. The maps are poor, I don't care what anyone says, why are they all based around old warehouses or power plants!

f**k right off!

You were camping like f**k when I was on the enemy team on launch. Tut tut. You're team were winning till I got into the mix and tore you a new ass. Lol loads of lag in that game though.

172 cup TT
Really getting into BO now - just trying to perfect my class.. Sorted with Galil - just need to decide on Sleight of hand pro or Steady Aim Pro... edging toward SoHP tbh

Last edited:
I keep getting exceptionally crap teams. If you're on Xbox and have a kd of 2+ add me. GT: DeathCab 4 Sam

Lol, k/d means nothing...
I never understand why people are so bothered about their stats. I play the game for a bit of fun (and to get rage).
My overall k/d is just under 1.4 I think. Some days I struggle to get that. Others, ill tear b**ches a new one and get 2+ ratio.

Bumder With A Buffer
Im starting to wonder if my "lag" issues maybe due to frame rate issues with either my old PS3 or TV itself.

The other day I was unloading a commando clip into someone and he just turns around in about 1000000 milliseconds and kills me. 3 f'ing times that haapened! Once he had his back to me and I was shooting him near his headwatched the kill cam and he turns around and fires 2 shots from his mpk and kills me. Yeah right.

Getting slightly peeved with this game recently due to connection issues. The worst is when you join a lobby with 35 seconds to go..all of a sudden gmae lobby closed with about 5 seconds left. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
What's every bodies W/L then? Mine was around 7.00 at the beginning of the game, but now it has dropped to about 4.20.

Lol at play with me if you have a 2+ k/d.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
With the way the game has been since launch k/d means nothing. After the first day my k\d was 6.00 then I'm down to 1.4 overall. I usually hover over 2 on monthly stats. But it's basically connection wars if were honest.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Exactly.

I play in a full party most of the time too. Most games I will have a 4 - 7 k/d. Then you get American hosts and struggle to go positive. Then you come up against another full party and it is a tight game where everyone is hovering around a 1.00 k/d.

It means nothing. Especially in objective games.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You were camping like f**k when I was on the enemy team on launch. Tut tut. You're team were winning till I got into the mix and tore you a new ass. Lol loads of lag in that game though.

With the way the game has been since launch k/d means nothing. After the first day my k\d was 6.00 then I'm down to 1.4 overall. I usually hover over 2 on monthly stats. But it's basically connection wars if were honest.
K/D means nothing unless your plummer who is quite clearly a serious cod player. I don't have the time to put into it to be that good!

Kev you freaking pwned me in that game! I was only camping a little as I was close to a kill streak so no gung ho!

LY 182
Yeah I agree with the K/D comments. Many times I can go from a score of something like 8-12 and then pwn it with 20-5 or something. I am inconsistent at times, but there's so many variables that it really is a fairly meaningless metric.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
K/D means nothing unless your plummer who is quite clearly a serious cod player. I don't have the time to put into it to be that good!

Kev you freaking pwned me in that game! I was only camping a little as I was close to a kill streak so no gung ho!

i just whored the flags hence so many deaths but my morter an napalm got quite a few multi kills so still had positive k/d. i did see ya camping so i knifed your ass. lol

Bus w**ker
I don't even know how to find out what my K/D is. I f**king awesome though so I must be at least fourtyteen to one.

I may have been drinking.

57 Clio Campus Sport
K/d is everything in TD...

And I played with you guys on Halo for ages, it's only since a few arseholes started going in your parties that I stopped...

:rasp:

AK, Plummer, fancy a few games this afternoon??

I couldnt join your party, AK, the other day as I wasnt going to be online for much longer, so didnt see the point!

I work during the day, so I'm usually on just before tea time!

Do you do any Gamebattles mate? You got a regular team?

Used too in COD4, but was just a bunch of my mates..
Too many kids who can't take getting beat, or dutch teams who just rape! lol!

I left hardcore clan wars waaaaaay back with the original Counter-Strike. That game ate months of my teenage life! :(

Bus w**ker
DLC coming to Xbox on 01/02/11.

http://www.callofduty.com/intel/434

TBH I'd prefer they fixed the piece of s**t before trying to claw in more cash, but I suppose that's greed for you. I won't be in a rush to buy it...when it finally hits PS3 and no doubt f***s more things up.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Haha they have some f**king cheek don't they. They want to fix the s**t they have first before trying to make more money. I won't be buying them if the game isn't fixed before then. I Think this would be a perfect time to boycott the map pack and demand the game put right. But no 1 will because there mindless retards and we'll continue to get fucked over again and again.

LY 182
Sounds good to me seeing as my games run great.

Just had a fun game on Nuketown. Care package was an RC car, tried my luck with hardline pro and swapped to a rolling thunder. Plant it right above their spawn, boooom, 6 kills, whole team down haha! :cool:

LY 182
Is that what happens when you buy a console purely for gaming rather than a console trying to win you over with it's blu ray and other non gaming goodies? :eek:

Astra SRI/ Hornet
No it's what happens when a console has cheap technology in it so it's cheaper to develop games on and cost tuppence to make and line bills pockets with millions.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Bloody noisey scots is what they are Sam haha.

Kinda fallen out with BO's now, not played in a month or so and now on BC2.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Shooting a guy before for about 3 seconds, turns round and two bullets me in the leg. Watch the kill cam and the guy had picked my gun up, and killed me with it. The same gun that 5 seconds before I was butchering him with. Figure?

Still enjoying the game, although I can't play it unless i'm in a party.

Mito Sportiva 135
Plummer I swear you were randomly in a game I was in the other day, think it was Firing Range...was it you, I made sure to kill you a couple of times!?

The person was like 3-10 though so wasn't 100% as I know normally you have a bit of a blaze!

K/d is everything in TD...

And I played with you guys on Halo for ages, it's only since a few arseholes started going in your parties that I stopped...
At the end of the day, its a game. You dont get points in real life for a good k/d ;)
The game is much better if you just play for fun and dont worry about your score too much (obviously I want to win, but if I get a s**t score, minus some explicit language, im not bothered)!

And ive only just come over to xbox and have never owned a Halo game, so I assume you're on about Plummer and co ;)
I work during the day, so I'm usually on just before tea time!
Sound. I should be on tonight for a good session. Probably like 8ish maybe earlier. Depends how far I get with my Uni work before I lose the will to live.

Fiesta ST-2
Harpham I don't think people with good K/D's actually care about it tbh. I've had over 2.00KD on all CODs, I play to win and have fun. I know K/D doesn't mean someone is necessarily better than you, because you get some people fixated on the number that camp on objective based games, a quick check on the W/L ratio and Score/Playing time soon shows these campers up though.

The other guy is saying that k/d is everything when it comes to TDM though... I know that most arent bothered and just play for fun.

Tbh, I dont really take in any of my stats, especially on Blops, seeing as one game you can be amazing then the next, in the same lobby, lag or other factors let you down and you're near the bottom.

I agree you should play to win though, there isnt much point in being in the game if you dont want to win. I just dont think people should be too fussed about their k/d and only want to play with people who are above a certain ratio.

LY 182
The other guy is saying that k/d is everything when it comes to TDM though... I know that most arent bothered and just play for fun.

Tbh, I dont really take in any of my stats, especially on Blops, seeing as one game you can be amazing then the next, in the same lobby, lag or other factors let you down and you're near the bottom.

I agree you should play to win though, there isnt much point in being in the game if you dont want to win. I just dont think people should be too fussed about their k/d and only want to play with people who are above a certain ratio.

Spot on. My K/D varies big time even within the same lobby. Some maps I don't get on with, sometimes you get some camping pricks etc.

I enjoy the game so it's all good.

Mito Sportiva 135
Yeh like on objective games, when you die you watch your teamates screen before you respawn and they are sitting in the back end of nowhere, contributing nothing, just to get a decent k/d. That takes no skill and your not contributing anything.

Plumer and Sam though played with them on Halo and they still manage a high k/d and also doing the objectives though annoyingly, yet to play with them on BOs though!