ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oh dear. Jiggered gearbox.

172 Cup
Found this loverly little crack on my gearbox

bad%20crack.JPG

Priced up a new gearbox and I think it's going to have to be a repair. I've heard theres a paste you can get which is supposed to be spot on possibly having it welded. I dunno how it happened. There's nothing near it and there isn't a mark on the skid plate. I think it might have something to do with the crappy OEM engine mount bushes as the exhaust is rattling and I've checked it so many times I'm sick of looking at it.

pissy%20little%20bushes.JPG

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Ah man, what a bummer!

I'm in the process of taking mine out to be reconditioned, looked for a new box for a staight swap, but the ph1's / cup boxes are rarer than rocking horse!

If you were to weld it, would there be a risk of it cracking again?

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Gert it welded mate, no probs.

this is what i found under my old 02 172 when i blew the gearbox to bits, diff shattered, went through into box, jammed and snapped many a cog lol.
s5031561rd3.jpg

172 Cup
Haha. Makes my problem seem like nothing. I think getting it welded is the best idea. Just need to price it up.