ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oh no - new 182 delivery delayed!!

Ive been informed today that the shiny black cupped 182 I was expecting in about a weeks time wont be with me until sometime in October!

Apparently this has something to do with Renault building 130 or so more black 182s for the UK which means mine has been pushed back to the end of the queue! Probably because Ive ordered it through an online broker.

Bugger!

Quote: Originally posted by RS55CUP on 06 September 2005

Ive been informed today that the shiny black cupped 182 I was expecting in about a weeks time wont be with me until sometime in October!

Apparently this has something to do with Renault building 130 or so more black 182s for the UK which means mine has been pushed back to the end of the queue! Probably because Ive ordered it through an online broker.

Bugger!

Did reno tell you this or the broker? Which broker did you use?

I used UK Car Discount.com & to be honest, I have a suspicion that it could be bullsh*t but I cant base this on any solid evidence!! They promised me that this came from Renault...

Youll probably be OK then - UK Car Discount tell me they have an allocation of 30 (from renault UK) which will probably all come over at once, after theyve looked after private customers!!

Nimbus Clio 197

lol! bad luck mate, but did u save a few bob buying it that way? if so, perhaps thatll make u feel a bit better?! probably not........ or maybe the price of petrol will have come down by the time you get it?! probably not actually........ not helping much here am i ;)

way i see it, you will be all the more excited when you do actually get it!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by RS55CUP on 06 September 2005

Im not getting much sympathy from you lot...:(

Look up the word sympathy in the dictionary and its inbetween shyt and syphilis :D

Its probably because most of us 182 owners have been there with the old " Not ready when its supposed to be " routine :p

Cheers mate...fair point about being more excited when it comes. Saved a few quid but not that much having read what some others have saved

This brings back memorys of 12 months ago. Lots of us were going through the same thing, promised this date, then that date.

I eventually gave up, got my deposit back and went to motorpoint, ordered on a Tuesday, picked it up on the Thursday.

Dont suppose this helps either.

Mini Cooper S sport

Awww Im sure itll be here soon..

*sympathy*

If they delay it again, get one from somewhere else!

Black/Gold 182

b****cks, mines coming from them too and they havent replied to my email yet, even though he said he would put it down as urgent due to problems with my current car, Ive been reading this forum for about a month and am not sure I could actually manage to wait a WHOLE MONTH for my car, anyone want to lend me a 182 in the meantime?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

I dont think the leadtimes have changed much. I had to wait well over 6 weeks for mine through Car Select, last December. To be fair, they told me that amount of time before I even ordered it, so I couldnt really grumble.

Trust me, the wait will be worth it. I was smiling like b*****d the moment I saw the car at Renault Manchester. It was hard to believe that I was actually going to drive off in it! Left there about 4pm on a Friday. Probably the only time in my life Ive ever been happy in rush-hour traffic in Manchester!!!

D.

Black/Gold 182

I have to say Im quite suspicious, I actually turned down a quote that was £150 cheaper as it didnt have a colour choice and wasnt being delivered till Oct and then first I find out I couldnt have a colour choice and now it looks like itll be delayed (altho I havent been told yet). If it is delayed they will be getting a very nasty email and phone call and I will expect them tro refund me the extra I paid. The other quote was from avanti for anyone else who want to try it?

jeccross, I suppose when we finally get our cars at least we have the satisfaction of having got one of the very last 182s! I just hope I get it before the new Renault Sport Clio is out next year.....:confused:

I ordered an Artic Blue with cups - told it would be delivered on the the 16th August, but...

a call from the dealer confirmed it would be 19th October - that is nearly a 3 month wait

Main delay is due to the factory closing in August

Cest la vie!!

Black/Gold 182

You were lucky to get the arctic blue, I missed out, also Ive been told that the delay is because mine hasn;t been made yet and theres gonna be another run of 100 made

Black/Gold 182

Black/gold cos I wanted metallic and that was the only one available but I might see if they can get me a racing blue any quicker, for a discount of course.

[Edited by jeccross on 08 September 2005 at 7:13pm]