ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oh no!! Whats happend

172 berg, Fabia VRS
Driving along and all of a sudden a bang from the engine bay!! WTF!! Car starts to sound a little odd and smells like burning also i have lost power steering plus engine temp is rising. I pull over turn the car off as i dont want to cause anymore damage! I have no idea what it is as i sit here waiting for recovery truck :( HELP PLEASE

Fiesta ST2
timing belt/aux belt? what mileage is it etc? has it been serviced regularly? did you get any lights on the dash?

Westy. MX5
It does sound like the auxialiary belt as you say P/S and temperature rises. The belt drives both the water pump, P/S pump and A/C pump so have a look there first. Hopefully not the Cambelt which will be a costly repair.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd suggest it wasn't the timing belt as the engine would not be running for more than about 3 seconds after the bang...

Aux belt would be my best guess too...!

Oh dear ! :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Lucky lad if it is just the aux belt, which it does sound like.

Get the full kit replaced asap is my advice. (speaking from experience, i went through a fair few aux belts on my clio lol)

172 berg, Fabia VRS
Looks like the aux belt has gone, luckily it hasnt caught any other belts, my uncle who recovered it said its the 1st 1 hes seen that hasnt got jammed in the cambelt so i guess im lucky in a way! Austin i was right next to soccarena when it went so luckily i wasnt stranded somewhere :) its not moving anywhere until it all sorted, is it worth doing all the belts while im on as its on 93000 mile now and cambelt was last done at 80000 iirc?

Looks like the aux belt has gone, luckily it hasnt caught any other belts, my uncle who recovered it said its the 1st 1 hes seen that hasnt got jammed in the cambelt so i guess im lucky in a way! Austin i was right next to soccarena when it went so luckily i wasnt stranded somewhere :) its not moving anywhere until it all sorted, is it worth doing all the belts while im on as its on 93000 mile now and cambelt was last done at 80000 iirc?

Yeah get a cambelt done while your at it, pointless just doing the aux belt