ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil additive to stop engine noise

golf gti turbo
hi is there any good engine oil additive to quiten engine noise thank you

is this any good
!B)93i+gEWk~$(KGrHqEOKjsEwOiU1!IQBMPwomf97w~~_12.jpg

Lucas Engine Oil Stop Leak Smoke Noise

Last edited:

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Engines do make noise, wouldn't start adding s**t with your oil because I doubt it will make any difference at all.

golf gti turbo
my last car was a Toyota cilica it had a small rattle my m8 put some thing simmiler to this and it made it not as loud

Lotus Elise
But an engine and a gearbox have very different oil requirements.

Give it a go but it certainly isn't something that I would ever use or recommend.

53 Clio's & counting
I have seen a demo of the stuff on cogs it makes the oil stick to them more

Ignore it.

The demo would have been with REALLY s**t oil - you any decent oil and it will provide more than enough protection.

If you look at independent reviews you will see they do more harm than good - this is VERY well known

Modern oils do a fantastic job, and adding additives to it WILL cause more problems than good.

If you have a noisy engine then there is a really - if it is tappity or making funny noises then you need to get it correctly diagnosed - if you think about it what will an additive do? It PHYSICALLY cannot make a worn engine any better - you can't mask it and as I have said modern oils are fine - the additives will just break down the protection the oil gives

53 Clio's & counting
any decent make is plenty good enough mate, Castrol, Mobile 1, Shell etc etc

Make sure it is 0w40 or 5w40 and must be Fully synthetic - Renault recommend 5w40

If you want to go a step further, get some Fushe titan pro S - it is ether based and is s**t hot

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That little bottle contains small Chinese men that are poured into the engine and they then run around, stopping rattles.

Srs.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Well how come it made mine sound even more of a tank ? :( i r disappointed

The little chinese men aren't tall enough to reach the Diesel particles, so just ran around making more noise. hence your engine sounded noisier.

Hope that helps.