ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil consumption 172 / 182

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Out of interest what are peoples experiences with there 2.0 using oil and how often do you top up ?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Ive not topped mine up since i changed it 5k ago and its not dropped, its due to be changed though.

Clio 182
Had to top mine up from halfway around 2months ago, aint had to touch it since, cars done 90k

Lee

BMW M2C
My 172 and 182 didn't use a drop between services, but the Trophy used a little, but that did get more track use.

The 197 on the other hand likes a drop every few months depending on how I've been using it.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
Mines on 65K and never needs topping up, it's serviced every 7K miles, there allways comes as much out as they put back in, allways a nice light caramel couloured oil too, never that black worn stuff

PH1 172 Sport
Mines at 86k and doesn't use a drop. The only thing it leaks a little of is gearbox oil but I think they all do that and its only about 100ml every 6k anyway

DMS

A thirsty 172
Don't use much. It does use a little bit but not loads. Less than half a litre in 8 months of owning it. I have a suspicion it's got the wrong oil in though. It was last serviced by Renault after all.
It's due another service soon so I'll make sure it's got 5w40 in it.