ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil filter stuck? HELP

Clio
hey guys went to remove oil filter from my ph1 1.2 today. I tried chain wrench which didn't work and damaged the filter! So tried the screw driver one which made things worse :(. The filter just broke, the only bit that's on the housing now is the silver lip which has the thread in it :(, any help please??!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That's on a bit more than "hand tight" then... You sure you were turning it the right way?

If it were me I'd be using a flat drive and a hammer to try and knock it off. Be careful though as the housing is only cast.

Mick

2014 Clio 200t edc
Spray It with loads of wd40 mate, that should free it up, then try and get something like pliers on it?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Spray It with loads of wd40 mate, that should free it up, then try and get something like pliers on it?
Doubt that will work if it has already snapped. As Mick said, flat blade screwdriver and a bit of persuasion with a respectable sized hammer should do the trick.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
When fitting the new one, clean the threads and the mating surface, then apply a thin layer of oil to the seal on the filter.