ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Level Check

Clio 1.6 16V

Hi Guys & Gals,

So....whos experienced this wee feature? Started up this morning and my oil level check sequence thingy never appeared. Tried switching on and off the ignition a few times .....its gone forever:(. Tried the instrument test (finger on computer function button on stalk whilst switching on). The instruments appeared to do the wacky races routine, with all the characters appearing on the computer display.

I will be going in for a software update on Sat so perhaps this will reset the ECU and sort things out again. Incidently has anybody managed to find out how to reset the ECU without disconnecting the battery?

Cheers

Renault Laguna Coupe

Do you get the Oil OK message, or the row of blobs showing how much oil you actually have? All I get is Oil OK - if I want to see the blobs I have to press the reset button.

Clio 1.6 16V

Nope only thing that appears is the odometer reading. Normaly I get the "Oil OK". As you say mike, if you press the reset button on the dash while the oil ok is displayed you get the wee blobs to show the lactual evel. That doesnt work now either. The function has completely disappeared!

Clio 1.6 16V

Right ....... whos responsible ......who put the oil level function back in when I wasnt looking!?

Can you believe this? When out to the car at lunchtime and the oil level check function is working again! This car is really starting to extract my urine!

Maybe the software is prehistoric like me in the early mornings and dont work properly .... or maybe the ESP goes beyond the realms of stability control and into extra sensory perception at the threat me thinking that Ill have to take it to the Reno vet for a guid kicking and some rubber glove treatment ...... will we ever know??:devilish: the plot thickens.