ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Light

172 Cup
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is covered somewhere else, I'm on my lunch break and a bit short on time to go hunting through threads.

The clio's recently been serviced (normal interim service, not cam belt) by a reputable garage but now has the oil light coming on and off. I've done the obvious and checked the oil and its bang on the maximum line on the dipstick.

The light comes on for a little while and then disapears again but is soon back again. The car also seems pretty low on power but doesn't sound rough.

Any idea's on what could cause this. I presume even if the oil level is fine there could be something else causing low pressure but don't really know where to start.

Thanks,
Ian

172 Cup
Thanks for that, hopefully we can get it back to the garage in the next few days to find out for sure. A sensor sounds better than some of the bigger things that could have gone wrong.

Think oils the bane of my life at the moment, just had to do a run to the south coast in the micra, Unfortunately that's decided to guzzle 3 litres of the stuff since Saturday! At least it's no big loss if the micra goes bang!