ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil pressure and temp guages Fitted 182

Rsport182Cup'd
i have just finished adding my guages to the a post of my 182, here's a few pics to let you see what you are thinking, these are in amber so match existing, which was a must really

19032007006.jpg

19032007002.jpg

19032007001.jpg

i have got oil pressure, oil temp and volts on three guagues.
mountes on a contoured pillar pod, in same grey as interior of dash board, silver bezzels.

practicality means as much as the looks, i set out to find something that looked right and delivered what i need.

(sorry bout blurred pics, cam phone)

Rsport182Cup'd
they got to stick out some, not really in way, they are 52mm dia guages, the housing is about 60mm, it needs to be in that sort of area to get it so that you can easily se without taking your eyes off the road/track

They will fail the MOT due to poor visibility.

I had a small tomtom 910 mount in the very bottom corner of the windscreen which failed the MOT, so they're sure to!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
fair enough if you need to keep an eye on an engine's vitals in a 500bhp+ jap monster...

it just looks odd in a little n/a french hatch.

the fit and finish looks second to none though! nice one

Chris

VRS
as above the work looks second to none but it looks out of place imo :D

fair play to you if you like them tho mate :)

Rsport182Cup'd
they are electronically sent so no oil is in cockpit.
will not fail mot already been there and checked all that

thanks for views, i love em, and on the track it is all usefull

Rsport182Cup'd
cheers christopher, i have had this car five months and that is how long i have been looking for something suitable and well matched,

it looks awesome at night imo: -

19032007008.jpg

19032007007.jpg

Rsport182Cup'd
Thanks to all comments - if you were all near me you could come in the car and get a look properly, it is better in the flesh than these cam phone pics

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
They look really smart! Nice job of fittign them in as well.

I think the pics are probably very deceiving. I bet if people were to see this in person they wouldnt be as "bold" in your face.

Top job.....something new :D

Rsport182Cup'd
chavtastic :)

Cheers gareth,

try this one though as first advised, i think the number of track racers needing vital engine info on a good race on track is more than the amount of chavs.

i would sooner get in the pit lane to cool down if i get temp problems than blow it up, it is rather expensive for a new engine.

Lionel Richie
i've got a similar pod for the V6, but only a twin

you can't see f**k all with it fitted, so i'm moving them

106 GTi
I miss the oil pressure and temp gauges my old Pug GTi's have, handy tools.

Install is nearly as nice as the TBR gauges!

Rsport182Cup'd
sure will mikey and anyody else that wants to take a lose up look is more than welome, as usual on here we got plus and neg comments, but as usual at the end of the day i find an important part keeping an eye on the cars heartbeat when i am driving or track day, you know what i mean S.yorks lot i am sure, with the meet i am not going tomora night though, going to meadowhall on the usual wednesday night run to see my G/f at work,
i will be at another meet soon though mate. so you wil get the chance in the near future to have a gander

Clio
sure will mikey and anyody else that wants to take a lose up look is more than welome, as usual on here we got plus and neg comments, but as usual at the end of the day i find an important part keeping an eye on the cars heartbeat when i am driving or track day, you know what i mean S.yorks lot i am sure, with the meet i am not going tomora night though, going to meadowhall on the usual wednesday night run to see my G/f at work,
i will be at another meet soon though mate. so you wil get the chance in the near future to have a gander

cool russ.... im off to that meet tommorow but my cars in a reet mess lol!

VX220 Turbo
i was thinking of mounting an oil temp and pressure guage where my radio display used to be already got a set of vdo guages from my old car in the garage so would just need new senders and to know where to fit them into the block or if a sandwich plate is available to go between the oil filter and the block

R35 GTR
This looks cool. I have bought some of these, just waiting for delivery. Was thinking of mounting them behind the steering wheel though.