ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil seeping

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I think that this has probably been covered many times before, but i aint exactly sure what to search for so i haven't found an answer.

I am getting a very small amount of oil seeping from the points where the 2 red arrows are, i was just wondering if it was serious, and what is involved to repair/stop it and if its worth repairing?

(Please note i found this picture in another thread, its not mine and i hope who ever it belongs to doesn't mind me using it)

enginepic1.jpg

Lionel Richie
if its leaking out the bolts its an easy fix, if its leaking out the cover, BIG JOB

full cambelt change + 1hour to sort it

don't worry about it, its fairly standard they leak

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Thanks Fred , you seem to know everything!!

Pretty sure its the cover, but i think i will leave it. Seems to be a recurring theme with these cars, "they leak".

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Just out of interest Fred, i take it you do this kind of work, what would i be looking at for belt change, water pump and fix this leak, plus maybe stop my gearbox leaking (think its the linkage)

If you don't mind quoting me, the belts were done about 6 months ago for free by the place i got the car from, but i know they didn't do the water pump, so when i can afford it im going to get it done again. If you don't wanna put it on here then PM if thats cool. I just want an estimate if thats easier?

Cheers.