ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OK new question

Clio 172
As a daily what would you prefer, a mint flame red DCI rep or a mint flame red 172? I think I would enjoy the rep for the eco cost but find it boring. Flip side again is that I have 9 points so I should slow down anyway. Value wise a mint DCI rep seems to be worth similar money to 172.

I know I should finish my 172 but it seems a waste to use a mint 172 as a car just to get me to work 5 days a week.

Clio 172
It's just a Clio at the end of the day. 'Mint' or not. It is a car, to get you from A - B.

Always use to have mint tidy cars, last one was nice when new drove it in to the ground, enjoyed not giving a s**t about it, parking it any where ect. Where as a tidy car is nice but as a daily worry about it

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
The dci.. Nothing worse than being in a car that wants to go but you're stuck in traffic..

That said, I'd rather be the guy that drove his hothatch every day than the one who locked it away for the next owner to ruin.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
If you don't mind paying the fuel bill then drive the 172, f**k driving diesels around all day, boring as s**t.
Diesels are great for pounding down the motorway.

Clio 172
If you don't mind paying the fuel bill then drive the 172, f**k driving diesels around all day, boring as s**t.
Diesels are great for pounding down the motorway.

This is the main problem, my wife makes us live beyond our means, I mean we live beyond our means lol. So don't have loads of spare cash. The original idea was to get it as a mint daily, do track days ect, when in the real world I'm just not able to afford it. I could get a DCI sport rep still scratch my mint 172 itch, with it being a cheap daily.

Or I finish mine cost just a few more hundred £ and enjoy having a nice hot hatch.

The plan would be to sell the low mileage, fresh belts, new clutch engine and buy a DCI then swap everything off my sport and sell the bits I don't want.

Overall I think I'd be better off

Clio 172
You could probably have both if you learnt to control the woman abit better.

You don't know my wife, I got in from work the other day and she was happy that she had managed to get our 9 year old daughter the iphone she wants on a £30 a month contract. I went mad, she doesn't care. Had a new TV arrive today, it was her idea we got a 4 bed house, she has a car on tick. Wouldn't be too bad but she only works part time. If it wasn't for me being a tight c**t we would be screwed. She also doesn't see me having a car as important, as guys from my work travel past our way going to work. So I should just be that guy that begs for lifts all the time.

Listerine & Poledo
Re-mapped, but otherwise stock, DCi Initiale thanks.

But looking over the rest of the thread, financial studies course for the other half would be a better bet, you poor sod

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I went from a Clio dci daily to a 172 daily.

I found the dci much better. Clutch is lighter, stupidly cheap to run, softer suspension, no t***s in honda civics trying to race me.

Dci FTW.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
What happens when you shove all of the exterior stuff on the DCi to make it look like a 172 tho??
All those clowns will still wanna race you.

Clio 172
Re-mapped, but otherwise stock, DCi Initiale thanks.

But looking over the rest of the thread, financial studies course for the other half would be a better bet, you poor sod

Thanks mate lol, think I need a firmer foot, she is all about family which I can't really knock, but she has no idea when it comes to money.

Still can't make up my mind

Clio 172
What happens when you shove all of the exterior stuff on the DCi to make it look like a 172 tho??
All those clowns will still wanna race you.

See as a daily to work not many chavs would want a race. Be a bit gutting if it happened though

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
As a daily what would you prefer, a mint flame red DCI rep or a mint flame red 172? I think I would enjoy the rep for the eco cost but find it boring. Flip side again is that I have 9 points so I should slow down anyway. Value wise a mint DCI rep seems to be worth similar money to 172.

I know I should finish my 172 but it seems a waste to use a mint 172 as a car just to get me to work 5 days a week.

Thanks mate lol, think I need a firmer foot, she is all about family which I can't really knock, but she has no idea when it comes to money.

Still can't make up my mind

I think you have a firm foot, you're just putting it in the wrong place.

Clio 172
I think you have a firm foot, you're just putting it in the wrong place.

Only got point for over taken 2 cop cars, 1 I was doing about 140mph and the other was over taking him by going the wrong side of a mini roundabout, so no biggy really lol. Lucky to have my licence.

Clio 172
I went from a Clio dci daily to a 172 daily.

I found the dci much better. Clutch is lighter, stupidly cheap to run, softer suspension, no t***s in honda civics trying to race me.

Dci FTW.
Cheers mate, good advice much appreciated

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
As a daily only ?

The dCi. Just a standard one though. No one else on the planet will give a crap if you've glued some 172 body panels to it. Apart from the insurance company, who'll charge you extra.

Can't afford to run a 172 lol!!!
So .. the point of this thread waaaaas.......

Not a bad idea
Unlike this thread.

Or marrying the wife.

Clio 172
As a daily only ?

The dCi. Just a standard one though. No one else on the planet will give a crap if you've glued some 172 body panels to it. Apart from the insurance company, who'll charge you extra.

So .. the point of this thread waaaaas.......

Unlike this thread.

Or marrying the wife.
Piss off