ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Old skool Cavalier SRi-130

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Saw one today, cant remember the last time i saw one but it proper made me look when i drove past and then look again in my mirror. Came across this one on dw, think they look properly cool, must have been awesome back in the 80s, or am i just weird?
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=215153

030520111546.jpg

030520111547.jpg

030520111550.jpg

030520111552.jpg

030520111556.jpg

030520111558.jpg

030520111563.jpg

030520111565.jpg

030520111556.jpg

Attachments

• 030520111547.jpg
    030520111547.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Great cars. My Dad had one, pretty much identical to that. It got pinched during the epic 90's hot hatch scene.

That one you've pictured is insane, STUPID clean!

Megane 225 F1
I think I saw the one you were talking about the other day. Fit bird driving it. Brown hair?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I'm strangely fond of anything 80's hot hatch. That looks in great condition.

53 Clio's & counting
Brilliant cars, right back to my youth that lol - mates had 2 identicle white ones - when like a scalded cat too.

I had a mk2 Astra with a Sri 130 engine in - loved that car

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
All the boyos in Wrexham used to cream themselves over these, and GTE Astras. Town was full of em when I was at college!

I love old Vauxhalls also, Nova GSI in silk Violet, yum!

GSXR + KDX220
Awsome cars, I remember my old neighbour had a grey one when I was young :)

Definately looks better on the Cav/Calibra turbo alloys though :(

clio 172
yeah my brother had a white one but not the 130. They were ok in their day but as of today things have moved on so much. I always had a thing for Nova's the GSi was the fastest, dunno what it is with them but i love the way the rear arch bulges out of the rear end ! memories of the old school!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
A mate of a mate tried to sell us one of these once to use the engine for a track nova. I assume something was horrifvly wrong with it cos I went around it in my 1.4! Great looking cars these days though.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Why the fcuk has he fitted those wheels??

What a pleb. Its ruined now.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Old Skoolers like this pwn!

Vauxhall did the Early 80's so well... 1.3 Sport Nova, Mk1 Astra GT/E, Monza GT/E, Manta Berlinetta... All epic :)

Just realised, this guy is 5 Mins from me! lol

Last edited:
Even in the first pic those are the wrong wheels aren't they? Couple of mates had 130's back when they passed their tests and I remember one having binlids on and the other having a five spoke design alloy with a pentagonal centre to it. The wheels on that look like they came off the later model Cavalier/Calibra.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
My uncle had one back in the day ! I thought it was so cool and fast back then 130 was a decent figure :)
Think they all rusted away now. That's a minter thou :)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Even in the first pic those are the wrong wheels aren't they? Couple of mates had 130's back when they passed their tests and I remember one having binlids on and the other having a five spoke design alloy with a pentagonal centre to it. The wheels on that look like they came off the later model Cavalier/Calibra.

Yeah calibra/cav mk3 turbo wheels

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Ha ha, couple of friends had these when i was 17, along with a Nova Sport (twin carb thing), and a newer shape chavalier SRi on 17" venoms .... Nova had the best sticker in the world on the back - 'youve been novataken' :rolleyes:

I nearly bought a Silk Violet Gsi on Alessio2's as it happens. Got given a Daihatsu Charade though. FFS.

That chav is mint though, bar the god damn awful wheels.

182 Cup
I had a 115hp mk2 Cavalier that looked just like that as my first car! Same colour in and out - those pics bring back so many memories! Always preferred the saloons in the looks department though.

Thanks for posting it!

Listerine & Poledo
The wheels that were on it in the first post weren't the right ones for the car. They were for the next generation of Cavaliers

182 Cup
I had the calibre wheels on mine - I was never a fan of the cavalier calibre though - not sure why!

Listerine & Poledo
The old man had a SR like the original post. Got it as a practical upgrade from his Capri.

I loved that Capri bright red with the vinyl roof, a young Goodj used to think it was dukes of hazard....... the amount of scratches on the bonnet after being used as a slide was.... uncountable

120d M Sport
My old man had two of these as company cars back in the '80s! I might dig out some pics, both two tone, one white and black, the other gold and black like the one you linked in the original post!

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
young Goodj used to think it was dukes of hazard....... the amount of scratches on the bonnet after being used as a slide was.... uncountable

If a kid of mine tried that s**t his arse would be as red as my Flame Red 172. (from smacking, naturally)

120d M Sport

Photo I found of one of my old mans had wheel trims. An SRI with wheel trims! Imagine that today lol.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
A lot of old cars look better like that.

Think of an old Mk1 or Mk2 Golf GTi with the proper Pepperpot steelies. They look awesome.

120d M Sport
I agree, some of the old sporty fords used to come with trims too...XR3i, XR2i...they look good for the period.

Clio 182
Love the old skool vauxhall scene - takes me back to my first car Nova 1.3SR I was convinced that that thing was quicker than anything else on the roads!! - I was wrong!!

Listerine & Poledo
Love the old skool vauxhall scene - takes me back to my first car Nova 1.3SR I was convinced that that thing was quicker than anything else on the roads!! - I was wrong!!

It's a common mistake amongst the young, that their car is fastest.... especially if they've made a lot of "special modifications"

:)