ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Old skool game gear repairing

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Someone on here might be in to fixing old games consoles. Basically I used to love my gamegear back in the day but the LCD screen broke like a lot of them did. So I dug it out today and performed heart surgery lol and got the screen to actually work again but it's got vertical lines down it and half sometimes goes black. So how do I fix this? All soldered joints look good. I got it working with a hair dryer and hitting it. Technical I know but it sort of worked. Any ideas??

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I've had mine since when they first came out so I kinda only want mine to work again. Lol not buy another one. Cheers though dude.

Bumder With A Buffer
Blimey been a while since I have repaired one of them!

From memory its caused by a faulty IC that's on the screen itself

DSCN0980.jpg

On the LCD to the right can you see that little black thing just where the ribbon cable comes onto the LCD??

Thats the problem.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I've tried messing with that but nothing changes. A guy said he can replace the LCD screen and all capacitors for £20 so gonna do that.