ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Old style Pure motorsport aircon delete kit with Epas , what belt is required ?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Is anyone running the old style Pure motorsport aircon delete kit with Epas ? I was wondering if i can just fit a smaller belt without the hydraulic pump rather than sourcing a cup set up ?

If so what belt do u need ?

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Anyone running pure motorsport air con delete and epas with a shortened belt ? What 6pk belt length works ?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I'd avoid the mk1 (old style) bracket if you can. I'm running the new PMS bracket which is much more robust and better engineered. This one snapped on my daily whilst travelling to work, luckily i was just pulling into a car park so the auxillary belt didn't get a chance to wrap around the timing belt and destroying the engine. Just a thought.

IMG_1728.jpg

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
On my track car i'm running CUP set up, EPAS and use the 5PK847 belt. It's great, but people are charging fortunes for the CUP kits now so I can understand why people are seeking alternatives. Personally i'd just pay the extra pounds for the CUP set up if my car was getting hammered around a track.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Im looking to run cup set up on my track car and pontentially change to the new version pure set up , i did see people have had failures , i bought mine new but the car has just been parked up ! Shame Pure didnt replace them free of charge for the poor design

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
My mates have the Clio 182 which is road legal but more track focussed. They're going EPAS and have bought the new PMS A/C delete kit with the 6PK PAS pulley kit after loosing the PAS Pump at Croft a few months back. The new PMS kits are very good though, nice and light and feel solid, but i'm not 100% sure i'd run it on track. I don't even trust it on my daily to be honest after what happened with the MK1 bracket, but i needed to keep my car on the road. I'm sure it'll be fine but time will tell I guess.

Clio 172
My car has ac so ive ripped all the pipework an rad an stuff out was going to take the compressor out and just get a shorter belt but someone i no said you cant do that and need to by a delete kit is there a reason why i cant just remove it an put a shorter belt

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My car has ac so ive ripped all the pipework an rad an stuff out was going to take the compressor out and just get a shorter belt but someone i no said you cant do that and need to by a delete kit is there a reason why i cant just remove it an put a shorter belt

I have just done this to my 182. There is a guide on here somewhere. You need to remove the compressor and lower pulley. This pulley needs replacing with a saab one with guide in for the belt. It also needs spacing out to get the belt sitting straight. I will get you a picture tomorrow and link to parts I purchased. Seems to work well.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
My mates have the Clio 182 which is road legal but more track focussed. They're going EPAS and have bought the new PMS A/C delete kit with the 6PK PAS pulley kit after loosing the PAS Pump at Croft a few months back. The new PMS kits are very good though, nice and light and feel solid, but i'm not 100% sure i'd run it on track. I don't even trust it on my daily to be honest after what happened with the MK1 bracket, but i needed to keep my car on the road. I'm sure it'll be fine but time will tell I guess.
Yeah its not very good them selling a product that costed alot of money ! I bought the original one but my car did about 300 mile on it and i sold it as i got a cup set up , the new design does look far superior and havent heard of any issues yet