ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oldest game you still play?

A SHED!
Got a old megadrive so golden axe, double dragon all sorts really.
Here's the bad boy....
20210201_180612.jpg
20210201_180646.jpg

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
I've just picked up Halo: MCC on Games with Gold, blasted through the first two Halo's but nothing since. Something random though I found my old gameboy advance in the first lockdown, I played some old Pokemon games like Emerald and Fire Red, those were the days :cool:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I should dig out the Atari 2600 (original) and have a dabble with Defender again.

The trouble is, outputting it to the TV these days I don't think would be easy!

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I have Powermonger from Bullfrog in the attic. That has to be 1990 or around that time. Great game I think was almost impossible to complete with thousands of levels. I'll have more I'd imagine but I doubt I have the hardware capability. F117 Nighthawk maybe too.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
About 2 years ago I got the N64 out and whacked on some classics. Zelda ocarina of time, F Zero X (EPIC soundtrack), goldeneye, perfect dark, starfox 64, street fighter 2, buck bumble (only played for the soundtrack). Definitely going to bring the N64 into the living room when I move I think.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Red Alert 2 and Unreal Tournament 2004 are my go to games from back in the day.

Built my 5yr old wee girl a Raspberry pi emulator and she's loving megadrive games ATM sonic II
I can’t exactly pinpoint what they got so right with UT2004. It was much better than UT3 that superseded it and much better than the original Unreal Tournament that came before.

Unique weapons. Great maps. Lack of silly, pointless trinkets of upgrades and skins. No IAPs as such a thing clearly didn’t exist back then. Pretty much online FPS perfection.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I’d 100% still play BF2 online if I had a PC (got to be a few still playing)

IMO it’s yet to be bettered.

Dragon Valley, helicopter seat switching.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
wtf, i just went in again after seeing your pic and there's no server. Am i missing something?

Untitled.png

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Bad company 2 vietnam was one of my favourite older games, loaded it up the other month but as with most older things, it never felt the same as it used to!

Unfortunately don’t have much time for newer games nowadays let alone older ones, still trying to find time to put into 2077 and Red Dead 2 which I picked up cheap on the epic store. Shame really but life gets in the way, I should probably stop spending so much on PC equipment as well... :(

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
Showing my age here.

I got an Atari 520STFM for Xmas 1988, I was 11. I saved up my paper round money and upgraded it to 1040 spec (1mb RAM)

I still have it, it still works though I did replace the floppy drive a few years ago. I occasionally boot it up and play Xenon 2, Volfied, Arkanoid 2, Barbarian, Bombjack, Test Drive, Paperboy... old but gold. I think Arkanoid 2 was one of the games that came with it so that would have to be the oldest game I still occasionally play.

Back in '88 this sort of graphics/gameplay was the lick!

Xenon 2 - Bitmap Brothers games always had the best theme tunes lol

Test Drive - getting chased by the cops before GTA was cool!

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
I was playing Ace Combat on PSVR the other day and thought I'd compare it to the old one on PSP [emoji23] major difference in graphics and so much more playable being able to look around to find your targets in VR.

Other than that I think the oldest I like to play would be Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Saints Row IV or GTA San Andreas if I'm in a modding mood.

Still quite like Gran Turismo PSP too, every now and again I get the itch for it.

Used to like a dabble back on Enthusia on the ps2 every now and again before it took it's place on a shelf in the garage somewhere [emoji23]

This has actually just made me think [emoji2962] I have root software on the psp for ps2 games so may put Enthusia on that for some nostalgia [emoji848]

Oh and 3 more games that will never get old that are on my PSP, Crash Bandicoot, Abes Odyssey & Gex

Last edited:

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
[emoji23] I think the oldest console I had was an Atari and an Amiga, couldn't say what games cos I really don't remember that far back.

Delta Force was good on Windows, the first FPS game I played before the likes of Rainbow Six took the spotlight.

And good old Duck Hunt on the N64 with the gun control that had such a loud click you thought you broke it each time [emoji23]

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Fired up the old PS2 last night as I finally found my old memory card (in my sock drawer, lol).

Played GT1 for a couple of hours and the nostalgia was real, however it was definitely tough getting used to 20 year old driving physics 😆.

Found copies of GT4, Vice City, Red Alert, Rayman, Medievil 3, Croc, Crash Bandicoot 1, Crash TEAM Racing and V-Rally 1 too.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Rookie mistake last night, old games don't have autosave 😭. Few hours of progress, gone!

Clio 182
Early PC gamer -

Grand Prix 1, MicroProse
Golden Axe
Dizzy
Network Q Rally
Wolfestien 3D
Duke Nukem
Commander Keen
Day of the tenticle

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Unfortunately for my social life, it appears someone has worked out how to play WRC4 on PCXS2 - I don’t mean the s**t one, I mean the epic one.

1. Car list includes blobeye impreza, fabia, xsara, big bumper focus, lancer WRC and more as well as S1600 legends like the Ignis, Mk6 Fiesta and Clio

2. Great stages

3. Genshi by Susumo Yokota

4. All the service menus include videos of the various parts being removed from an Impreza

5. Super Special Challenge

6. Epic graphics for the PS2 actually.

Loved that bloody game

Clio 182
Road Rash on the megadrive was epic also came out on the Philips 3DO - own up who had one?

Also was a game called Stunts - think it was on amiga and PC. Best game ever. well maybe not now.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
I have my brothers multi game arcade machine in my lounge so have loads of old school titles on there that I play every now and then.

My favourites are some of the weirder Japanese titles.