ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMP Inox and BTB 182 Cat mod now fitted.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Had this fitted a few weeks back at JP Exhausts as the OMP centre section required a bit of chopping and a new 2 1/2 flange welded on to fit the newly aquired BTB 182 cat mod. I also couldn't be arsed messing about taking the original cat off. Glad I didn't in the end as it was a cnut to get off the exhaust dude said.

Anyway some pics.

The parts to be fitted.
OMP Inox
P1010279.jpg

P1010278.jpg

BTB 182 Cat Mod
Work is second to non and turnaround was just over a week.
Before
IMAG0112.jpg

After
IMAG0128.jpg

IMAG0130.jpg

And all fitted to the car.

P1010304.jpg

P1010296.jpg

Bit of Poke
P1010299.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

Vids will follow soon :)

Matt

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Sounds ace mate! Deep rumble low rev range to a raspy scream at top revs.

Christopher

Aye its not to everyones taste, but I chose the function over form. :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd have got jp to lop an inch off that somehow, nice cars btw!

Sprint 172
out of interest how much do they charge for the cat mod? :)

I think it's a couple of hundred for the 172 downpipe and 182 cat conversion (you supply cat). Obviously a lot, lot cheaper if you have a 182 and just want the exit enlarged with a new, upgraded coupling to the system.

Si

RS Clio 172
looking good bud. I'm having a cat made up at pro-speed next week to swap into my inox system.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Thanks for the comments guys, vids will follow soon.

out of interest how much do they charge for the cat mod? :)

BTB charge 170+vat for the mod, then you have to add postage on top of that so about £240 in total.

also... is it noticeably quieter than the normal inox?

I haven't tried it with the decat on so can't comment on a normal system, but the sound isn't intrusive unless you have a squeeze of the loud pedal :approve:

Si

RS Clio 172
Ok, cheers :)

Pro speed have quoted me £219. Will be interesting to see how the work differs.

Sprint 172
What is the bore size of the OMP? Is it just the photo because it looks less than 2.5" on the pictures next to the cat.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
vecbtb
It's a 2 1/4" system. I had the guy @ JP cut the original flange off and enlarge and weld a new 2 1/2" flange onto it.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I really dont see the point of this mod at all, the 182 cats dont last that long at all so you're goosed if it fails. I had a de-cat from k-tec unsilenced and a btb stealth. Because the btb exhaust has such a large backbox it seemed to keep the noise nice. A lot of people said it sounded as if it was on boost but I'm just guessing that was because of the extra pressure of the de-cat.

I guess it depends on the type of system you're running really, I appreciate some people will have different exhausts that may be 'boomy' but surely you'd prefer to just have a propper sports cat, atleast then you know its brand new

Sprint 172
I really dont see the point of this mod at all, the 182 cats dont last that long at all so you're goosed if it fails. I had a de-cat from k-tec unsilenced and a btb stealth. Because the btb exhaust has such a large backbox it seemed to keep the noise nice. A lot of people said it sounded as if it was on boost but I'm just guessing that was because of the extra pressure of the de-cat.

I guess it depends on the type of system you're running really, I appreciate some people will have different exhausts that may be 'boomy' but surely you'd prefer to just have a propper sports cat, atleast then you know its brand new

The 182 cat is a proper sports cat. It has 200 cells, has metal internals (not ceramic) and contains a lot of precious metal (unlike cheap aftermarket sports cats). This is why it doesn't illuminate the emissions light and passes the MOT with ease.

Do they really fail that often?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
From what I've seen and heard yes they arent the best cats out there but if you're happy with what you're getting why not ey....

My ph1 172 never ever brought the EML on in the whole time I had my de-cat fitted, had both lambda's plugged in aswell

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Quick video finally uploaded, not the greatest, but gives you an idea.

[video=vimeo;16482471]http://www.vimeo.com/16482471[/video]

Black Gold Trophy
looks excellent, but would you not be better off fitting a 182 manifold and then adapting the 182 cat on the exit side only to mate with your cat back system?

340i
ppfffrrrttt we all know the 172 manifold is better ;) 4-1 is all for top end power... 4-2-1 for low down power