ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMP Subframes - any good for taller drivers

Clio 172 Track(ish)
Anyone got any pics of these fitted? Theses ones : http://www.kamracing.co.uk/index.ph...ories/renault-clio-mk2-omp-seat-subframe.html

Im trying to move my sparco buckets back and lower as the previous owner of my clio was quite a bit shorter than me and I cant drive anymore with my knees on my chest.
Im 6ft 1 and using Sparco Sidemounts at the mo. These are the ones I have http://www.sparcousa.com/pseats_acc.asp?id=152

I've been wrestling with these all day, trying to find a way of getting a lower and futher back seating position.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I have them, you can go quite a way back, but they give you quite a high driving position when combined with side mounts ...

DSC04020.jpg

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
The subframes are only maybe 4mm thick. You can bolt side mounts to this and set the seat in them as low as possible. You may want to look at a smaller steering wheel and a spacer so you can get your legs straighter and seat further back . Something like the OMP Corsica 330 which is a dished wheel

Clio 172 Track(ish)
The subframes are only maybe 4mm thick. You can bolt side mounts to this and set the seat in them as low as possible. You may want to look at a smaller steering wheel and a spacer so you can get your legs straighter and seat further back . Something like the OMP Corsica 330 which is a dished wheel

Ive already got a small steering wheel and drive with the column at its lowest setting due to the seats being lower then the OE ones. I think the main issue is the previous owner mounted the bracket on the transmission tunnel, Im guessing where the stock mounts are originally? This means they are offset compared to the ones nearest the sill.

I guess what I'd like to know is do the OMP subframes attach to the original subframe mount points and give you more flexibilty to attach the side mounts.

Cheers