ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

On board PC

well i got an x box with the view of putting it in the car, but since the missus has adopted it and i dont get a look in ive been thinking laterally. Seen these mini-itx motherboards (really small), so thinking of putting one of them in the car. dont really want a huge keyboard in the car though! I could mount CDR/dvd drive in the dash, use the computer to process audio (can get control panels for that too), I even thought i could use it somehow to program a nos controller, alarm , yada yada yada. What do you think? or should i ring the water company to check im not overdosin on silvernitrate?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i have got a few friends with a pc in there car, i have a mini itx board that i used and had it settup up with intentions of putting it in the car even made a custom case, only probs i had was it was pretty hard to use in the car because of the hdd, so if u wanted it for nos controller you would have to sort that out.

and if u wanted ti for alarm, they draw a fair amount of power so i guess u would have a flat battery every morning and where whould you get sensors as the microwaves will mess with the computer.

good for using as divx or mp3 box though, i have divx and mp3 jukebox pcs all over the house that are set up to play music or films etc on ne tv or speakers or all.

just give your misses a slap tell her to buy her own x box and put yours in the car.