ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

On Vodafone? Crap signal at home?

Right, I am glad this has been started.

I worked for a recruitment firm that work with a number of large companies, all of which were working towards the FEMTOcell technology.

Can I just point out that the whole idea of this is to link you into a contract. Voda won't work with Orange, vice versa and etc etc. So basically, the idea is they want you to buy one of these for £150 upwards. Then they will supply your broad band as well at some point in the future once they have you hooked. Then you will be in an endless contract with this particular service provider.

For me, this isn't an issue. I have been with Voda for 10 years, knew it was Voda who would bring this out first (Alcatel/Lucent before they split were my best clients, along with people like ACAL technologies etc). But the whole idea is that SPs are trying to make sure you don't go anywhere after your contract ends.

Just my thoughts.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yeah BT have been doing it for years.

Its called business.

SLK250 CDI
Am I the only one that thinks it's a dumb idea? Firstly, it's consuming your broadband bandwith, and on top of that, if you live somewhere that gets a poor signal on Vodafone, wouldn't you be likely to be restricted to a crap broadband speed or perhaps not even have broadband anyway...?

Since it's consuming your resources, calls that you make through the cell should be FOC!!!

Vodafone's Sure Signal

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispat...rue&_pageLabel=templateCClamp&pageID=PPP_0161

From previous work around this area I know how Femto Cells work blah blah.

However, has anyone used one so far and what are your thoughts?

I currently have to sit in the spare room at the end of the house to talk to anyone for more than 5 seconds, so with a gf 100 miles away this is a pain in the backend. So £50 quid (hopefully scrounge it into my new contract TBH) is a small price to pay for something that will stop me missing texts/calls etc.

Re: Vodafone's Sure Signal

I'm guessing it sends the info down the broadband line, which if its unreliable or someone is downloading masses of p**n, it will be the same as having bad signal. Change providers?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Probably a gimmick!

I still maintain on average voda are the best for service easily!

Best around. No reception from Orange, O2 and lol at any Tmobile suggestions.

300 yards up the road and it's good reception.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Nope. Your money to fix their problem? Thats not customer service.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols I think he was trying to make a point.

I have a contract but my single is quality apart from 3g but I have wifi.

Blackberry innit/

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
At the risk of repeating myself, Its £50.

Try and get if for free and post your results.

I'm interested, but not enough to ask you again.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
got one at work forr the users. works pretty well. limited to 4 per gateway but thats ok, we got two :)

RIP Dan
Femtos are ok for people way out in the sticks.

If you are having coverage problems, kick up a stink.

Whoever said that 300 yards up the road gets better coverage......ask your provider to fit a repeater. They should fit one in between the good signal and your gaff, point repeater at your gaff...job done.

Your network provider should be working constantly to get rid of blackspots. I know we are.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Used them at work, started dishing them out to people who don't have any signal at home.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
How can we get one then?

because im in my room now and i have to stick the phone by the window, and if i walk outside to the back which is about 10meters from the back door to were my car is i can get about 3bars. Doesnt make sense tbh

RIP Dan
How can we get one then?

because im in my room now and i have to stick the phone by the window, and if i walk outside to the back which is about 10meters from the back door to were my car is i can get about 3bars. Doesnt make sense tbh

Building block radio signals that's why;)

2G penetrates into building better than 3G, make sure you try both and lock to 2G if necessary at home.

Phone your provider and moan about coverage otherwise.

Go cry to your momma!
Do these femtocells only provide 3G service or also 2G?
Suck to have you iPhone on 3G all the time, munching battery!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Can I get one for free if i'm on contract or will they still want to hump me?