ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Welshname's Monaco 172

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
So as some of you will have spotted this car will be going in the next couple of weeks. Looking at getting a 197 after pay day.

It's been a fun two years. 2 amazing 'ring/euro road trips, great drives out and a lot of fun times. However this car owes me a LOT and I can't bring myself to dump any more money in it and kind of want something a little bigger.

More than likely going to trade it in for peanuts tbh because it's really in no decent shape to sell privately for anything worthwhile. I'd be tempted by anyone wanting to buy it to strip it as there are a few things worth selling and the engine is strong and the belts were done last year (video of the timing can be seen above).

• Engine on ~98K and replacement gearbox on similar.
  • Clutch last year or two, can't remember as it's further back in the thread
  • Dephaser, belts and brand new alternator fitted last year
  • 25mm MAD spacers on the front
  • 15mm MAD spacers on the rear
  • ph1 gearstick (fair amount of stratches)
  • 4 PS3's with good tread
  • 18 Month old cup shocks
  • 18 month old cooksport springs
  • Ktec stealth with silenced centre section
  • Prima racing exhaust bracket
  • Polybushed lower dogbone mount
  • DS2500's up front with pretty good amount of pad material left
  • Braided lines upfront and I presume in the rear but never checked
  • Replacement front tweeters and door speakers
  • Extended heal and toe throttle pedal
  • RS Tuner map if that matters
At the minute what I'm assuming is the PAS pump is making a chirping/screeching noise on full lock when cold, I think the rack is knackered and it's killed what was a brand new PAS pump only 12 months ago, the paintwork is piss poor, despite what the pictures show there is solvent pop everywhere, sanding marks in the door and base of rear quarters, lacquer peel on the bonnet roof and door, seats are in a sorry state, steering wheel is in good nick with original thumb grips, recently got a leak and the passenger foot well is soaked, found the cause of the leak, it seems to be where the rear washer pipe comes through the bulkhead, siliconed it up the other night but no idea if it's fixed it yet, wheels are kerbed to s**t but all balance straight and true and the drivers side headlight washer leaks half the washer fluid out before it stops. As you can see though everything else mechanically has been replaced. The car stands me somewhere between £5-6000 including tyres and servicing over the two years.

Anyone interested then feel free to drop me a PM but I doubt I'll hear anything lol. I may be interested in swapping some of the above listed items for standard parts with some cash my way though as the mods will make zero difference for trade in/scrap if no one wants to buy the car whole. MOT is due at some point in feb too.

Cheers for reading. I'll REALLY miss this car although I definitely didn't get as attached to this as I did the ZS.