ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Cupra
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

Tom - how are you getting such a high figure?

When I swipe my SBSsettings on it says 44mb: Available Memory.

Do you not have a lot of Apps? Or is something wrong with mine?

Click on processes from the SBsettings screen and see what you have running. Mine was also around 165mb after a reboot, went down to 100 during the course of the day and then back up to 150 after pressing "free up memory".

Citroen DS3 DSport

Tom - how are you getting such a high figure?

When I swipe my SBSsettings on it says 44mb: Available Memory.

Do you not have a lot of Apps? Or is something wrong with mine?

Do you have a 3G or 3GS?

Mondeo STTDCI

I have a 3G - not S.

And incidentally I have problems getting 3G or EDGE connection at home. Gonna go for a walk to drop a letter off in a bit see how it gets on then...

Mondeo STTDCI

Only processes running where Phone and Messages.

Pressed "free up" and got up to 47mb.

1.8 Civic EX

similar to my 3g...

was on 44 with only mail and phone running, just "free'd up" and now got 56 woop! lol

Citroen DS3 DSport

The 3GS has double the RAM of the 3G, 256MB rather than 128MB.

Mondeo STTDCI

Anyone got any idea why I dont seem to be able to get 3G coverage though.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Do you get 3G coverage on other phones using the same network in your area? Odd problem if you do. You do have 3G turned on in the menu? I'm sure the answer is yes to that but had to ask.

Mondeo STTDCI

I havent got any other 3g phones in the house right now DOH!

3G is set to on both in settings and in SBSsettings. When I reset the phone I get the 3g icon but then it goes down to the dot.

Citroen DS3 DSport

What about when you are out and about, any better? May just be you have no 3G coverage in your house which is not uncommon.

Mondeo STTDCI

Next time I'm out for a bit I'll check it I reckon. Maybe I just noticing the problem because of this frigging thread!

Clio
iphone 3G S

Quick few questions to 3G S owners, does the phone crash, when using apps, like my 3G one. Also is it slow when opening messages, camera...

To be honest im disapointed with my iphone 3G, its forever crashing. now that ive updated it to Version 3.0 its twice as slow as it was.

Do these problems exist with the new S genration? considering selling mine and getting the S as i can get 30% off.

Cheers.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Re: iphone 3G S

It's a software issue mate. Although the 3G S is alot faster, but as far as crashing goes you're more likely to find problems with the S as apps are having to be patched to work correctly with it.

Try a restore, and wait for the new firmware, which should be along soon as there's some vulnerability in the SMS app.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I've found the 3GS to be very reliable with apps, I can only think of one crash since I bought it which is a big improvement over the 3G. Opening apps including camera, settings and messaging is far faster on the 3GS, the lag of the 3G annoyed me and was one of the main reasons why I upgraded. Safari is also rapid at rendering wb pages on the 3GS.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Does anyone know how i can get videos OFF my iphone onto my computer? I've got a 1.5gb video of the pussycat dolls concert last night to get onto my comp somehow. Tried downloading a program i found but it wouldn't work, might be because mines a 3GS and its not supported or something.

E87 118d M Sport

i havent done it, and dont know the answer, but when you plug it in to your pc, cant you access the file through "my computer" and open the directory with the file in and copy it from there? leave itunes out of the equation?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

i havent done it, and dont know the answer, but when you plug it in to your pc, cant you access the file through "my computer" and open the directory with the file in and copy it from there? leave itunes out of the equation?

Tried this but the files so big it just hangs for ages then completes but it just makes a 0kb file. I tried sshing it off the phone but said it was guna take 2 hours ad it was late last nite. I will ssh it if noone knows a bettter way

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Just use scanners and cameras if you are on windows

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

That's what i used I think. My iPhone shows up as a camera when I plug it in and I tried copy pasting It off the phone but wouldn't do it. Tried dragging and dropping too

My iPhone 3G has s**t the bag!

I did a restore and had it connected to the pc but it wont go past the apple logo and wont show up in iTunes.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Cupra

Press and hold the home button while plugging it in, then only release it one the itunes logo appears on the screen of the phone.
I have just done the same thing. lol

Doesnt work mate, have tried that, its just sitting with the Apple logo on the screen :S

Citroen DS3 DSport

Press the power button and hold button together for 10 seconds then release the power button and continue to press hold. Have the iPhone connected to the computer while doing this with iTunes open.

Done that about 6 or 7 times and it wouldnt work, then on the last attempt it worked lol

Finally have it restoring the backup from my last iPhone, so pleased to have another one again!

Mk2 Golf GTI

Anyone played Monkey Island?! Looks awesome!

Might have to get it for the sake of a fiver.

MISE__0018_610x321.jpg

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

So how is jailbreaking these days?

I Found on 2.2.1 it made the phone really laggy and slow to respond and that irritated me.

Is it worth doing and if so what software do i need?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

^ well i tried redsn0w yesterday about 6 or 7 times and it just hung on "waiting for reboot"

After that i took it as a sign not to do it lol

Tesla MP3 2021

^ well i tried redsn0w yesterday about 6 or 7 times and it just hung on "waiting for reboot"

After that i took it as a sign not to do it lol

Thats probably due to the version of the firmware you were using.

PM sent.

SQ5

Jailbroke mine monday, took two times using Redsn0w and then unlocked using ultrasn0w was a really easy thing to do aswell!

Now on Three network and can receive MMS's but cant seem to send them? Any ideas, Cheers?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

Is the iphone any good as an incar satnav? I'm looking get a new phone and a satnav so i'm thinking kill two birds with one stone.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

I'd get an incar charger so the battery wouldn't be an issue. Does it have features like traffic info, safety camera alerts etc that you get with a dedicated satnav?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

I'd get an incar charger so the battery wouldn't be an issue. Does it have features like traffic info, safety camera alerts etc that you get with a dedicated satnav?

I'm waiting for Tom tom app to come out on the iphone.