ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Re: iPhone Software 3.0 Discussion (New hardware Expected 9/6/2009)

Do i need to be on a developer list to use 3.0?

Anyone know the best way of getting on?

I wouldn't bother.

The messages application is now super crash-tastic.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I've not had any problem with the messages app at all. So far this version is proving to be very reliable.

Tappd'd RS

Pretty stable here too on both the beta 2 and 3.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Humn. Mine crashes approx 33% of the time when a text comes in...also if I have the conversation open and a text comes in then it doesn't appear, I have to exit the conversation and go back in. Nothing else seems unstable in b3.

I'm also disliking the ever expanding text input control, one of the most useful features prior to V3 was being able to read the conversation while you type a reply, useful if you need to refer back...now once you've written an amount of text you can no longer see the conversation and scroll it.

Edit: Right on queue it just crashed again, incoming text shows (1) at the top but the message was for the current conversation!

1 Series Coupe
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

Anyone set theirs up with Microsoft Exchange?
I've put all the details in and get an error.

EDIT: Ignore that. Got it working ^

Last edited:
  Tappd'd RS

Anyone else having a problem with beta 3 when you try and type a number and then there is no button to call the number!?!

Citroen DS3 DSport

No that's not happened to me yet.

Tappd'd RS

Might try and reinstall and see if that works.

Cheers.

1.8 Civic EX

anyone got any of the protective films or any cases for thiers? after some recomendations...

Lee

BMW M2C

anyone got any of the protective films or any cases for thiers? after some recomendations...

I've got this one: http://store.apple.com/uk/product/TS502LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MjE1MDE1Nw

No complaints from me. It won't save it if I drop it on a hard surface, but it's protected it from scatches. The film they supply is excellent too. It comes with a gloss and matt finish film, so you can chose.

J03

MX5 1.8

so what the, are people anticipating a 3rd gen hardware iphone release this year? if so should i wait..? ive been offered a new phone by my dad and i want an iphone, but having done some research rumours of a new one is coming out?
i dont want it being a case of a 'facelifted' iphone 3g having wait another few months.. should we expect a new phone with better everything like camera, battery life, features etc etc..?

Nobody knows. Apple keep things very close to their chest.

The WWDC date is in the title. That'll be when its announced and probably realised in July.

^^ im wondering the same, have never been interested in iphone's but now i really want one, my vodafone upgrade is due in june and wondering whether to hold out

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Anyone who's contract runs out in or around June who is interested, i'd wait, if its not announced at the WWDC, then i highly doubt there will be a new iphone this year as thats when they like to announce all their headline products for the year to come.

Its worth the wait imo. It is entirely possible that there isn't a new one due this year, but if you get the current one then a month later a new one is announced your gonna be gutted. There is evidence to suggest that one is coming, O2 have reduced costs on new iphone contracts and have been hammering the advertising recently which would suggest they are trying to get rid of stock. It could also suggest that they are trying to get as many people into contracts with them as possible because their exclusivity deal is rumoured to run out this year.

Its all rumours tbh, it depends how you interpret them, i personally think there will be a new one announced, my contracts not up till august anyway so i've got time to play with.

J03

MX5 1.8

they did that with the first gen iphone, kept everything tight lipped until like what, weeks b4 launch?
as the mobile industry moves very quickly new models are released all the time, ive only had my tocco less than a year and a newer version is already out...
i want to wait, but i just hope it isnt a case of bigger memory or what have ya.. i hope its a new phone altogether..

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

they did that with the first gen iphone, kept everything tight lipped until like what, weeks b4 launch?
as the mobile industry moves very quickly new models are released all the time, ive only had my tocco less than a year and a newer version is already out...
i want to wait, but i just hope it isnt a case of bigger memory or what have ya.. i hope its a new phone altogether..

Well realistically, there isn't that much that could be added to the iphone really i mean what else could you want a phone to do?

All i can think of is:

Better camera with flash
Video camera
File sharing bluetooth (which will probably never be added because of Itunes but anyway)
high def screen
Possibly make the phone smaller or altar the design in someway but its already imo the perfect size.
some sort of feedback on the touchscreen (some touchscreens have a very slight vibration, not enough to be an annoyance just enough to let you know you've pushed a button which is nice as it would allow touch typing of sorts with a touch screen something which is quite difficult without any feedback at all)

There is probably more that could be added that people who use phones for business and suchlike would like but for 90% of phone users its pretty much the perfect phone imo and none of the features i mentioned are things that render the iphone a dog to use.

I'm sure some of you can think of some other features that could be added but probably not any groundbreaking ones.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Proper bluetooth is coming with 3.0.

Is that confirmed or just a rumour? I never thought apple would add this in, i imagine it will have some sort of restriction in place to prevent people sending music between phones, I thought that was the reason it had been left out.

I thought it was confirmed but I can't see it..

Tom has it on his iPhone, so its possible one way or another.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

I thought it was confirmed but I can't see it..

Tom has it on his iPhone, so its possible one way or another.

It is possible via jailbreaking but then your invalidating the warranty and such which is something i'd like to avoid on a phone worth so much.

J03

MX5 1.8

Well realistically, there isn't that much that could be added to the iphone really i mean what else could you want a phone to do?

All i can think of is:

Better camera with flash
Video camera
File sharing bluetooth (which will probably never be added because of Itunes but anyway)
high def screen
Possibly make the phone smaller or altar the design in someway but its already imo the perfect size.
some sort of feedback on the touchscreen (some touchscreens have a very slight vibration, not enough to be an annoyance just enough to let you know you've pushed a button which is nice as it would allow touch typing of sorts with a touch screen something which is quite difficult without any feedback at all)

There is probably more that could be added that people who use phones for business and suchlike would like but for 90% of phone users its pretty much the perfect phone imo and none of the features i mentioned are things that render the iphone a dog to use.

I'm sure some of you can think of some other features that could be added but probably not any groundbreaking ones.

i know but there were crazy ideas like, better batery, a d-pad, qwerty keyboard, bigger memory, oled display, higher resolution camera, all would be great, but in reality it would suck even more battery power..
generally there are some anoying things the iphone that could do, and apple addresses all the issues, like they did with the first gen iphone..so whatever is bad with the 3g, it WILL be BETTER.

It is possible via jailbreaking but then your invalidating the warranty and such which is something i'd like to avoid on a phone worth so much.

Depends. Mines jailbroken. I just restored it and they replaced it no problem.

J03

MX5 1.8

its a harmless procedure.. it does void warranty if apple finds out when you send it back to get fixed or whatever, but its completley harmless is jailbreaking. u can always system restore to the last firmware... as it will backdate before the jailbreaking process..

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Depends. Mines jailbroken. I just restored it and they replaced it no problem.

Really? they can't tell. Well thats something good to know, jailbreaking is the way forward in that case imo.

SLK250 CDI

Anyone who's contract runs out in or around June who is interested, i'd wait, if its not announced at the WWDC, then i highly doubt there will be a new iphone this year as thats when they like to announce all their headline products for the year to come.

Its worth the wait imo. It is entirely possible that there isn't a new one due this year, but if you get the current one then a month later a new one is announced your gonna be gutted. There is evidence to suggest that one is coming, O2 have reduced costs on new iphone contracts and have been hammering the advertising recently which would suggest they are trying to get rid of stock. It could also suggest that they are trying to get as many people into contracts with them as possible because their exclusivity deal is rumoured to run out this year.

Its all rumours tbh, it depends how you interpret them, i personally think there will be a new one announced, my contracts not up till august anyway so i've got time to play with.

Could just be selling out the 2.0 3Gs as the newer 3Gs will have 3.0 preinstalled. Personally, hope that there will be new hardware.

Proper bluetooth is coming with 3.0.

Think there will be more profiles but not sure that it will be full support including FTP. Sounds like there is going to be A2DP and DUN added at least.

Citroen DS3 DSport

A2DP works in the 3.0 Beta alongside BT internet tethering but I don't know if they'll open it up much more than that.

I think the iPhone will have some minor revisions during July but I doubt it'll be a huge leap. Having said that if you don't currently have one then I would wait.

E87 118d M Sport

wish it would hurry up and be here lol. been waiting what seems ages now.

Jailbreak & unlock FTW. I intend to get an official o2 supplied iPhone 3, but I will unlock & jailbreak it as soon as possible, simply so I can use it abroad on any SIM I choose.

My iPhone 1 started out on 1.0.2 and I've upgarded through all the different versions, with all sorts of tricks and bootloaders, all the way to 2.2.1 and it's still unlocked & jailbroken.

As soon as a proven unlock is out for v3.0 (hardware and/or software) I'll be going in. F'uck the warranty if necessary.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member

Not sure if this has been covered recently, but is there any news on the 'new' iphone? My contract was up about 2 months ago, but seeing as there's rumours of a new phone coming out with the new o.s. I thought I'd wait. Is it worth waiting still? The more I see and use them the more I want one :(

Also, have most people who've bought them recently gone for the 2 year contract?

Citroen DS3 DSport

Should have iPhone news during the second week of June.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers, just read the other thread lol.

Tappd'd RS

So do you think we'll see Beta 4 today then?

Citroen DS3 DSport

No sign of it yet, should know before midnight as it was released at 11pm UK time two weeks ago.

Tappd'd RS

Ah cool - I somehow thought it was 10pm last time.

I did get an e-mail last time but from memory it was around 1.30am

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

It's out now.

Citroen DS3 DSport

A pre-release of iTunes 8.2 is also available via the developer portal.