ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

Anyone with a 3G who's updated to 3.0 finding a slight hang from the menu when you access your mms/sms ?

Tappd'd RS

Anyone set up their 3GS from a backup of a 3G? Is it possible - any problems?

Citroen DS3 DSport

Scutch..

App Store. Emoji. 59p

Then go Settings > Keyboards > International > Japon > Emoji > On.

Then when you're writing a text, bottom left appears a little globe, click that for icon fun. They will only appear to other iPhone users tho, which happens to be about 93% of CS.

Alternatively 'Spell Number' is a free app which does the same thing.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF

Just downloaded the update guys and when i try to sync it, come up with an error message.
"Cannot be synced and unknown (13019) error has occured"

Any ideas??
Anyone?

Mini Cooper S sport

Had to have a quick look at this thread as the fapping was drowning out the TV.

Dan. Queuing at 8.30am. I would not do this for tickets to see Brad Pitt naked.

*sigh*

I'll just go away, I'm not cool enough to be here.

Tesla MP3 2021

If you do a full reset on the iphone will that wipe any updates i.e 3.0???

Tappd'd RS

If you do a full reset on the iphone will that wipe any updates i.e 3.0???

It shouldn't - it should only reset your settings etc, not the software.

I've just run a remote wipe (to see how it works) on my 3G before I pop my sim card into my new 3GS.

330Ci (Fail)Sport

I've bought a 3GS on PAYG but am going to use it on my current o2 contract. Do I have to activate my iPhone with the PAYG sim card as that's what was sold with it or use my contract sim card as that's the sim I will use?

I know I won't get the web and wi-fi on my contract sim but I already have the web bolt on.

Tesla MP3 2021

I've bought a 3GS on PAYG but am going to use it on my current o2 contract. Do I have to activate my iPhone with the PAYG sim card as that's what was sold with it or use my contract sim card as that's the sim I will use?

I know I won't get the web and wi-fi on my contract sim but I already have the web bolt on.

No you don't have to activate it on the PAYG sim

Can someone explain to me how you would go about using an Iphone on a normal sim?
I get 600 mins and unlimited texts for 20£ a month at the moment, how easy is it to jailbreak it to accept my sim?
Looking on the o2 website, a similar contract to mine is 35/40£ and ~£180 for the phone, cant really justify that a month for less. Its just because its a diff phone!

How do you set up two or more folders/category's for your contacts?

IE Bands ( for work ) and personal ( friends and family )

Can it be done? how?

+

How do you sync the iphone up to your in car Bluetooth/hands free ( Parrot )

Thanks

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

If I am staying in a hotel that offers free wifi then does that mean it's free on my iPhone even tho I do not hav the wifi bolt on for my simplicity sim?

Citroen DS3 DSport

For Bluetooth go to Settings-General-Bluetooth and pair to your Parrot device.

You don't need the wifi bolt-on to connect to free wifi networks, all the bolt-on does is provide access to BT Openzone and The Cloud wifi access points.

If anyone is interested, instead of paying the new £10 insurance on the iPhone 3GS, ive just found out I can transfer my insurance from my 3G (£7.50).

I just called the O2 customer service team and they did it for me.

1.8 Civic EX

you'll need to change some settings for the internet to work....I posted what to do back a few pages....

EDIT: here you go..

Here's what you'll need to do:
From the main screen of your iPhone tap Settings > General > Network
Under Cellular Data Network
For Pay & Go customers. Tap APN and change idata.o2.co.uk and enter payandgo.o2.co.uk (Please note that "o2" needs to be written with a letter "o" and not a zero)
For Pay Monthly customers. Tap APN and change idata.o2.co.uk and enter mobile.o2.co.uk (Please note that "o2" needs to be written with a letter "o" and not a zero)
You don't need to change your username and password
Ignore the Visual Voicemail APN box - it's not available to Pay & Go customers or Pay Monthly customers (with a non iPhone tariff)
Under MMS
For Pay & Go customers. Tap APN and change idata.o2.co.uk and enter payandgo.o2.co.uk (Please note that o2 needs to be written with a letter o and not a zero)
For Pay Monthly customers. Tap APN and change idata.o2.co.uk and enter wap.o2.co.uk (Please note that o2 needs to be written with a letter o and not a zero)
You don't need to change your username and password
Turn your iPhone off and on again
If you're a Pay & Go iPhone customer, using your iPhone sim for the first time, you'll need to top up by at least £10.

Tesla MP3 2021

If anyone is interested, instead of paying the new £10 insurance on the iPhone 3GS, ive just found out I can transfer my insurance from my 3G (£7.50).

I just called the O2 customer service team and they did it for me.

No its £10 due to the value of the handset. They would have put you on O2 Insure Premier which is £10 per month.

Tesla MP3 2021

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI...0000002364249214,K=5786,Sxi=14,Case=obj(18162)

We offer O2 Insure Premier, a comprehensive cover for your iPhone for £10 per month. The insurance must be purchased within 28 days of activating your iPhone account with O2.

Insurance can be requested through an O2 Retail Store when purchasing an iPhone or within 28 days of purchase. If you've already bought your iPhone, please click the 'Add Premier Insurance' link below request this to be added to your account.

No its £10 due to the value of the handset. They would have put you on O2 Insure Premier which is £10 per month.

Well thats what I thought...

BUT... I rang up to cancel my insurance... and was told I can transfer it over to my new iPhone 3GS for no extra cost.

And so I did...

Tesla MP3 2021

^ I would wait until your next invoice just be sure lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

Since upgrading to OS 3.0 on my Poverty Spec 8gb 3g (in Black :() Messages take AGES to open. I click the messages tab and its a godo 2 seconds before anything happens? any ideas?

Oh and congrats to all you 3GS people :(

Tesla MP3 2021

Yeah 3GS is rapid lol :rasp:

When I had 3.0 on my 3G I didn't think it slowed down at all but compared to the 3GS its like a snail lol

Mr2 Roadster

Red Sn0w in June?

Read the whole post in full before attempting anything!
redsn0w is an easy to use, multi-platform, multi-device jailbreaking and unlocking tool for the iPhone 2G (original iPhone), the iPhone 3G (but not the 3GS) and also the iPod touch (first and second generation). Currently it is available for Windows and Mac OS X (there are some issues using redsn0w with OS X PPC, please use an Intel Mac until we have this problem resolved).
REDSN0W PROVIDES SIMILAR FUNCTIONALITY TO QUICKPWN.
If you want to build custom firmware files with more flexibility it is suggested that you use ‘PwnageTool’ on Mac OS X.

1. GOLDEN RULE: If you are using a 3G iPhone with yellowsn0w and rely on yellowsn0w to obtain cellular service, then you should NOT use redsn0w right now. Ultrasn0w (the 3G carrier unlock) is not included with this release and therefore your baseband will be locked and unable to use an operator other than the official one it was bought for. UltraSn0w will be released via APT (cydia and icy) soon. If you have an original iPhone (1st generation) then 3.0 carrier unlock works with this redsn0w release.
  2. Yellowsn0w in its current form will NOT work with the baseband version that is present in the 3.0 update, you will need Ultrasn0w, which will be released sometime soon, Ultrasn0w will work with all iPhone 3G models (but not 3GS), even ones that were previously unlockable, Ultrasn0w (when available) will be released via APT (this means you will be able to get it via Cydia or Icy).
  3. Please read all parts of this post before downloading and using these tools.
  4. Read items 1, 2 and 3 again and again.
  5. At the bottom of this post are the bittorrent files for the latest version of redsn0w.
  6. This app is suitable for the recent 3.0 release
  7. redsn0w will NOT work for the iPhone 3GS.
  8. redsn0w WILL work for Original iPhone (1st Generation), Original iPod touch, iPod touch 2G and the iPhone 3G (not the iPhone 3GS).
To use redsn0w simply upgrade the device in iTunes to firmware version 3.0 and run redsn0w to activate and jailbreak the device (and if you are using an original iPhone 2G, it will unlock it too!)
SHA1 SUMS

• SHA1(redsn0w-mac_0.7.zip)= 284639d37fd6675056814b6c8a5b0583ad91c370
  • SHA1(redsn0w-win_0.7.1.zip)= e264e44954aa417a3eb12ed29770790a30f85a66
Official Bittorrent Releases -

Unofficial Mirrors
The following links are unofficial download mirrors, you download these at your own risk, we accept no responsibility if your computer explodes or if it becomes part of a NASA attacking botnet or even worse if your hands fall off mid-way during the use of these files. We do not check these links or archives and we accept no responsibility with regard to the validity of the files, or with other content these links provide or with the content that is on the linked site. Always check the published SHA1 sums. We would prefer that you downloaded the official bittorrent release that is linked above, but you are welcome to try these if you really must. Mirror owners should email direct links only to blog@iphone-dev.org , please don’t place mirrors in the comments as they will be deleted.
Mac

Windows

fiesta 1.25

Anyone else beggining to hate all the differences in regards to sms.

The fact that it turns on its side,seriously who uses this?
It sends the messege before its even sent,
If it cant send it lookes like it has but has a small red dot next to it which most of the time i dont even see,
It takes longer to open,
and it automatically goes on the last txt that was sent when i open it

SLK 350

Anybody used that on their 3G yet?

Is it even worth JBing these days?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

JB the 2g, its not really well supported.

Can I put the older firmware back on my 3G? 3.0 is doing my head in already. I can't believe how slow it is opening MMS. 6/7 seconds!!! Way too long.

Im JBing my [Black][No shitty case] 3G S. Purely for themes and SSH

Are you going to JB yours?

Yup. I don't like the black background. I need Megan Fox back.

Can I put the older firmware back on my 3G? 3.0 is doing my head in already. I can't believe how slow it is opening MMS. 6/7 seconds!!! Way too long.

Yup. You'll need to find the IPSW from somwhere. Rapid share or similar. Googley it.

Then in iTunes, hold shift and press restore. It'll bring up the find file box thing then you can just select the file.

You'll lose MMS tho..

You'll lose MMS tho..

Couldn't give two f**ks about MMS if it's taking 6/7 + seconds to open a simple text message as a result. For the frequency I get or send text messages the app is totally adequate. f**k knows who at apple thought that amount of time to open a text message was ok!!

Barge

Compared to my Touch, iPhone's speed pwns - I think it's faster than my pc at times :eek: