ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OnePlus One, anyone got one?

E39 530i
Unable to root my oneplus which is annoying. No matter what I try. Even removed the os got stuck at the boot up screen and everything. Anyway reverted back to stock and just using it with no root :(

Anyone know of any apps which can remove in apps ads without root?
Anyway phone is pretty amazing.

E39 530i
No idea. Was failing at the last stage where you needed to hold down volume down and power to enter recovery twrp mode. Upon doing so it would just hang, and not go into recovery mode.

E39 530i
Yeah that's the site I used. Tried 2.7.1 and also 2.8.1. What custom ROM are you running on yours? And do you have a guide on how you did yours?

I use ParanoidAndroid - as soon as I had custom recovery it was a case of just booting into it, and flashing the ROM I'd saved onto my phone from downloading it in browser :smile:

As I say - without Recovery you're a little stuffed doing the majority of it - Root/Roms etc. 😧.

Could it be wrong timing on the boot process when trying to get into recovery?

Edition 30 / GSXR750
just ordered one, what case/screen protector are you guys using? looking at the orzly fusion bumper and tempered glass screen protector

E39 530i
I've ordered the head case design cover of eBay and also the tempered glass. I'll get them tomorrow. You rooting yours?

997.1, Caddy, e208
I will have shortly when they fix my invite. They had issues with anyone ordering the 64gb model and im just waiting for them to reissue mine.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Is anyone still struggling with root?

Search for how to root like a boss on the forum. Boot twrp up from the phone without installing it. It means you take ota updates and then can reroot straight after.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just cracked the screen on mine 😢 fell out my pocket onto the ground while I was lying down half under the car. Can't have fallen more than 4 or 5 inches either! Luckily it's on the buttons at the bottom and not the main screen, but it looks like the glass is a bit s**t if it cracks that easy!

Ah no way! Tbh it all depends what it lands on and how it lands when it falls - you'd crack any screen if it lands the wrong way :(

Got a screen protector on mine (tempered glass), and dropped it on my belt from waist height, cracked the screen protector only luckily :}

Clio 172mk2
i accidentally launched mine into wardrobe then landed on wood floor, no damage, then mate dropped it other week and no damage, no case or screen protector

Yep exactly, entirely depends how it lands :) If you hit a stone and it lands completely flat with the screen facing down, you're gonna have a bad time :)

Just ordered a couple more screen protectors, one for me and one for my brother.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I got a MI Key for Christmas.

Now that's a worthy addon.

MI-Key-1.png

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/xiaomi-mi-key-button-teased-by-hugo-barra/

http://www.xiaomiworld.com/original-xiaomi-mikey-random-colors.html

Really like it. Single press unlock phone. Double press. Camera. Yay.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Never noticed the posts in here lol! Yeah, phone must've landed badly I guess 😧 I never even noticed it after it happened as well, just picked it up had a quick look over it and sat it in the car (should've done that in the first place!). Was only later on that I noticed it had happened.

That thing above is pretty cool. Even though the phone already has an unlock button AND you can access the camera with a gesture, I still quite like the idea of it.