ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oops i tink i crashed it

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

You hit a van?! jesus... hope your ok..

Insurance is gona be a b**ch now.. 1.1 fiesta next ;)

Sorry to hear about that. But Id be worried about the lorry about to smack you up the rear more mate.

I reckon it can be fixed.

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

im hopeing it cant cuz i wana get a 182 or maby sumthing a little more special and then an rt as a lamping car. money for insurance is not an issue (not another fiesta bubbles no lol cheeky git, yea its all declared im fine appart from a ripped pair of trousers where my work keys went through them.

Ford Fiesta

looks slightly worse than my dynamique and mine was cat d write off.

did both front air bags deploy?

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

non did cuz theres been a fault in my airbag sysem for a few days and it was ment to be visiting mr reno but it is well bent

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 31 March 2005
they dont stand up well to crashes do they ??ps hope your ok

I disagree, thats exactly how you want them to react, they take all the force and crumple keeping you safe, the clio is a 4* rating remember, one of the best in its class until the modus came along!

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

amen dave. in a sad kinda way i was very happy with the way it crumpled didnt strain a muscle

Ph-Sold!

Quote: Originally posted by Loki on 31 March 2005

amen dave. in a sad kinda way i was very happy with the way it crumpled didnt strain a muscle
Same as when I crashed mine, amazingly safe cars for their size, although I wish theyd stand up to small knocks a bit better so it didnt cost so much!

Ford Fiesta

id get on to renault and complain, you have a car and no air bags go off due to a fault!!

how dangerous is that?

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 31 March 2005

they dont stand up well to crashes do they ??

ps hope your ok
mine did,

hope your ok mate and no one was hurt

Vee dub

Ouch that looks bad

Lets hope your insurance company are quicker than mine sorting it out if it is a write off.

Punto/Clio GTT

imagine the front end as a huge shock absorber, when you hit somethin, the bonnet will bend upwards and take some of the force, the front panel and flitches will crumple on the crumple points and take away more of the force. thats how you want a car to be i think. i know german cars are rock solid... but i really wouldnt expect to walk away from a crash like that in one. severe whiplash at least.

Remapped derv Golf

Being a write off doesnt always mean the car is unrepairable.

An insurance company will write a car off if it costs more than 60% of its value to repair it.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 31 March 2005

Being a write off doesnt always mean the car is unrepairable.

An insurance company will write a car off if it costs more than 60% of its value to repair it.

yep the place that purchased my cat d "wrote off" dynamique at auctioon phoned me up asking for something after they found my phone number in the car.

Went down and got some snaps of it nicely repaired.

At the time of the accident it looked like yours above.

http://img183.exs.cx/img183/5999/repaired7ym.jpg

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

i dont realy want it no more though cuz im not a lover of crash repairs so either way its going

big red bus

SH1T!!!

Hope ur ok m8, I know how much i liked the car and had plans for it!

Hope ya get summin good next!

PS - Can i have ur Subs now? ;)

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

gimme an offer dude and i may well take ya up on it

by the way hows has aint heard from him for a few days

big red bus

Hes Been away for a few days m8, Back early next week!

PM me a rough price, i aint got much left now ive just got a new pipe for ma bike and a 70kit on order!