ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opening Clio 172 door panel

Theres been a dent in my drivers side door since i bought the car. It looks like one that can just be pushed out. Ive tried pulling it out with a sucking pad with no success but am gonna try and push it out seeing I have a nice 3 days off to do so. Im thinking of removing the inside panel where the arm rest is and hopefully will be able to push it out easier by doing so.

I would just like to know if anyone here has took the panel off before? and is it easy once the screws are removed?

Thanks

P.S
Any pics would be spot on :)

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Is it easy? Not particulary. Its held onto the door all the way round with a line of adhesive sealant. Youve just got to get yourself a starting point and pull the door card away a bit at a time. Depending on how well the sealant has held, you might have to get a bit brutal with it to get the door card off, but it will come away in the end.

doh! so i take it that when it comes off, it wont go on the same? if thats the case i think ill find an alternative

2005 Impreza WRX STI

i wouldnt do it mate.get someone to sort dent out for u.i took my door panel off to fix window motor n it was a nightmare getting it bk on!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Quote: Originally posted by Jon_1 on 27 May 2005

doh! so i take it that when it comes off, it wont go on the same? if thats the case i think ill find an alternative
It is possible. Its just a fiddly job getting it lined up.

Volvo S60 T5

I find them easy to remove, as said above.

But get someone in to do the dent, most of the time they dont even remove the door panel.

Very interesting to watch how the do it as well.

Clio v6

My bodyshop took a hammer to a dent I had :eek: He gently tapped all around the outside of the dent and all of a sudden as if by magic the shopkeeper appeared.

[Edited by James on 5/27/2005 8:03:05 PM]

Ooops sorry, the dent disappeared. :)

Quote: Originally posted by James on 27 May 2005

My bodyshop took a hammer to a dent I had :eek: He gently tapped all around the outside of the dent and all of a sudden as if by magic the shopkeeper appeared.

[Edited by James on 5/27/2005 8:03:05 PM]

Ooops sorry, the dent disappeared. :)

lol, wtf

Removing panel is easy and no problems putting back on at all, however wouldnt try the dent myself. If not to bad try someone like dents away etc even come to your home or work to sort!