ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Operation Flashpoint 2

now i have a decent gun its better one shot kills just like it should be the menus are frustrating though

oh and im doing it by my self i just halt my team and going it alone

Citroen DS3 DSport
So is this more a tactical kind of shooter ? Can ye use cover etc like in more recent FPS games, it sounds like ma kinda thing just not sure goin by the way its bein spoke about.

Yes it's a very tactical game and I think it is excellent. I'm guessing that people who do not like this do not appreciate the slow nature of how the game should be played. well worth investing in if that sounds like the sort of game for you.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
:eek:

Picture1-8.jpg

Bit of a lame question here, but is grass featured heavily everywhere? I've noticed in the past with a few FPSs that try to get the scenery 'right' - that it actually makes the game sh1t. People lie prone and more or less become invisible. Realistic, yes - but a good game it does not make.

Nice to hear that it's a total opposite of the repetitive kill-die-kill-die process of the likes of COD. For the price advertised on Play, I might give it a shot. :)

D.

Not got a car
Gay game, same as the last one, Keep getting killed by people i cant see.

Also alot of keys to remember, I still got COD4 keys in my head.

Astra Bertone Coupe
Yes it's a very tactical game and I think it is excellent. I'm guessing that people who do not like this do not appreciate the slow nature of how the game should be played. well worth investing in if that sounds like the sort of game for you.

Sounds like a might give it a try, a prefer the more slow tactical build up rather than the run n gun of COD etc.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Is it like those old Tom Clancy games, rainbox 6 etc where you just cannot paste everyone? Need to do the mission a few times to learn where people are and take your time.

Tesla MP3 2021
Right I have spat my dummy out with this game now. Its just too long-winded for me and getting around just seems to take ages. I think anyone who likes there CODs etc will be disappointed as its far too tactical and I just prefer to go round shooting everyone in sight lol.

Another let down for me is when using vehicles, they just drive like shite and they seem to be hard work just to get around!

I may keep playing it for a bit but only until Forza 3 comes out lol.

Evo 8 MR
I was excited about this game until I saw the review on Gamespot so I decided not to buy it and looking at the response in here it seems it was a good decision.

most stupid thing so far on oil depot mission you can walk through the concrete barriers mesh fences the oil silos and the generator flol

Not got a car
im getting used to it, Bit of a pain when you try to heal someone and he keeps walking away from you, when your getting shot by someone you can see.

The command controls are so horrible.

BMW E92/Audi S3
So is this more a tactical kind of shooter ? Can ye use cover etc like in more recent FPS games, it sounds like ma kinda thing just not sure goin by the way its bein spoke about.

Yeah. All the arcade players that prefer CoD wont like this as it's not a camp, jump and stab game. Very tactical. More like a simulator.
Going to get my copy shortly.

Not got a car
Yeah. All the arcade players that prefer CoD wont like this as it's not a camp, jump and stab game. Very tactical. More like a simulator.
Going to get my copy shortly.

That f***s me off!! Hence why i dont play hardly

I love this, even though its hard in places, the feel of wondering about getting in jeeps ect is good.

once you get into the way it thinks its very easy to play by your self without the rest of your fire team.

its buggy in some places very very buggy the controls are crappy graphics arnt great on the consoles the grass is nasty

you cant skip the long spiel at the start of every mission

it isnt very realistic regarding killing the enemy some times they can still be stood shooting after 4 rounds have gone into them granted obviously they arnt fatal wounds but still id like to see anyone still standing and shooting while getting shot

the AI is pretty bad too sometimes they can see you through walls and very heavy cover yet other times they dont even start shooting at you when you shoot them !

the calibration on the scopes seems to be off too most seem to be set for 100 meters even the sniper rifle im sorry but thats too close

the driving ai is very bad too i set a course to somewhere and my driver drove me straight up a wall then got out he didnt even try to drive back off it

im still quite enjoying it though but typical codemasters

Not got a car
Im really starting to like it, Actaully i love it. PC is always better than consol.

Only on the 2nd mission, but sneaking around in the dark, with your heat scope is good, call in airstrikes ect.

Pain in the arse when a team member get shot i cant find them in the grass to help him.

Also, its awsome wounding them, shot them in the arms/legs they role around on the floor in pain. It is pretty good comapred to whats out there.

Way better than COD

Not got a car
Another thing is you can see that the bullet bounces off things and you can actaully kill them like that lol

JB

RB 182 Cup
Are any of the buildings destructable in the game? I remember in the original Op Flash. they kind of crumpled when hit with a tank shell or similar. It looked s**t but at least there was a reaction.

BMW E92/Audi S3
Yes they are.
f**k me. Endless bugs. I shot enemies without a gun countless amount of times. Oh and driven a slanted jeep.

R26
Op flashpoint 2 is driving me f**king INSANE.

Worst problem yet: I complete two levels, only to be presented at level 2 when I come back to play it....ummm? wtf?

Sometimes I love the game, bullet cracks and sound effects are brill, graphics can look quite tasty at times, crap at others. The AI leaves something to be desired, control system leaves lots to be desired, driving leaves even more to be desired.

If you have a spare £40 then yeh its a bit of fun.....but nothing more than a stop gap till COD:MW2

JB

RB 182 Cup
Yes they are.
f**k me. Endless bugs. I shot enemies without a gun countless amount of times. Oh and driven a slanted jeep.
Bought it today. Just flattened a fishing village with a Naval barrage!

There are some annoying bugs! I have seen enemies fall then vanish immediately - how am I meant to loot the corpses! And when the bodies stay I can never find them for all the bloody grass.

Oh an the fact that you can't look around the vehicle when you're driving (at least in ground vehicles) makes avoiding trees/rocks/gun emplacements harder and the driving less fun.

Weapons sound and feel like they have some punch - the different M4 variants are especially nice.

Friendly A.I leaves something to be desired, like someone said earlier they run away when you try and administer first aid, in fact they run around whilst firing their weapon meaning they never hit anything, and twice now they've wandered across my crosshairs just as I'm firing. Once when I was firing an AT launcher, resulting in a horrific and gory death for both of us and me having to start from the checkpoint f**king miles away!

Oh and only 11 missions with no single levels to fool around on. I'm holding out the multiplayer will lift the game up.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Additional mission codes:

RaidT18Z - Night Raid
StrongM577 - Coastal Stronghold
AmbushU454 - Ambush
CloseQ8M3 - Close Quarters
OFPWEB1 - Encampment
OFPWEB2 - Debris Field

Not got a car
FFS

Got really fay on one missiom took over a village, Then sudenly i floated in the air slowly and then fell down and died. FFS got to do it again now.

AND

When you want to fire a Javlin thing it takes 30min or so it get it off your back, theres realistic then theres taking the piss.

Motorbikes
I keep getting stuck on third mission where you have to defend the wee village.... they come from all angle so with only 3 guys its a nightmare to defend yourself.