ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on Exhaust flow + Remap

ClioSport 172 Cup
I`m planning to go to RS Tuning to have a remap. My exhaust at the moment is sort of a custom job in that it started life as a twin exit Magnex stainless, but now I have had a single exit welded on. The system itself from engine to exit is 182 mani, Decat, centre resonator and a sport/high flowing single exit backbox.
The backbox comes with a slide in baffle which works really well. What I have noticed is if I leave the baffle out my car doesn`t feel as torquey in the low rpms. But the revs feel more free in the higher range, along with the lovely if OTT sound that is typical of a high flowing exhaust system.

What I would like to know is when I take my car for a remap, would leaving the baffle in or out effect the final remapped figures in anyway? Would I make more with the baffle out(leaving the system flowing better), or is there no difference apart from sound?

Cheers,

Samuel
:clown:

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
You will see better torque with baffle in but less bhp,other way round with it out,depends on how you drive really leave it out for mapping if you ring it's neck everywhere,for more grown up driving you might want to leave it in.Hope this help's.