ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on powerflow exhausts...

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Peoples opinions and experiences with them wuld be greatly appreicated as i;m thinking of getting a custom one done.

Also was wondering if the fact that my car is stupidly low would they have any problems fitting it... wil they have to put it on a ramp or something? when i say low i mean i have trouble with speed humps low:confused:

hehehe still not as low as fred though mate ;-) keep trying......

and yeah, theyll want it up on a ramp, but theyll cope with your low car

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 04 May 2004

It is an exhaust made to fit your car. Not an exhaust for your car.

-Rob
they said it would be custom? little confused as to what u mean? u mean its already made and they adapt it?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 04 May 2004

hehehe still not as low as fred though mate ;-) keep trying......

and yeah, theyll want it up on a ramp, but theyll cope with your low car
yeah i know, but ive only got a 40mm drop its just me splitter thats catching on everything worried they wont be able to do it thats all. so r they good then? noisy?

Nissan Jewk

I got one fitted to my 106, they cut out the bumper, did a really good job, you also have the lifetime guarantee as its stainless steel, but you gotta go back once a year so they can service it, in keeping with the warranty. But you cant question the quality, top notch.

Quote: Originally posted by mikec172 on 04 May 2004

I got one fitted to my 106, they cut out the bumper, did a really good job, you also have the lifetime guarantee as its stainless steel, but you gotta go back once a year so they can service it, in keeping with the warranty. But you cant question the quality, top notch.
You cant? But it varies it from place to place, all i have seen is untidy welding, like what i used to do in Design & Technology lessons at school!

-Rob

[Edited by RobFenn on 04 May 2004 at 3:46pm]

Nissan Jewk

LOL! really? I was watching them do it, looked good to me, maybe the place I went to was the exception to the rule?

They are very good in all the work i have seen never any probs :)

They did Dans car (as i said earlier) and they just put it on a ramp and then put it in the air so they could work underneath so no worries with low cars and what they do is they already make the backboxes and add the tip you want

so to an extent they are made to measure lol!

Vix :)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

im gonna be using the guys in croydon, surrey... hmm ive heard bad things about ktec and theyre the only other option i have but dont do many tailpipes for the 1.6 oddly... these guys can do what i want and are a lot more, but i dont want it to be sh*te qquality u know...

rob have u had a v bad experience with them then? can u tell me what happened, im interested.

[Edited by david_129 on 04 May 2004 at 3:56pm]

how does urs sound KDF? is it a loud one?

Powerflow, sound fab but the quality isnt what I would expect - I had two mid-silencers go in about 2 years. The lifetime warranty appears to be only from the supplying dealer and is dependent on an annual inspection - from that same dealer.

i think mines wicked, ive got a 4 inch pipe or it might even be 5 inch full system with a de cat aswell. the whole lot cost me £300 in total. have taken it back to them and they put my cat back on for my mot and took it off again for me after for £5. CANNOT FAULT POWERFLOW.

sounds amazing i think, really loud but i like to show off

PLUS I HATE KTEC W4NKERS!!!! MADE ME WAIT 7 WEEKS FOR MY INDUCTION KIT WEN IT CAME THERE WERE SEVERAL PARTS MISSING.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by david_129 on 04 May 2004how does urs sound KDF? is it a loud one?

You can pretty much choose how loud you want it but here is

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=13&TopicID=83431&PagePosition=1Link to my powerflow exhaust clips

[Edited by _KDF on 5/4/2004 4:15:18 PM]

Just to correct one point, you can get it serviced at any powerflow dealer.. not just the one you got it from.. same goes if you get any problems with it ! take it somewhere else if you want.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

Theyre quoting me £350 inc vat for a twin exit back box system, two 3" rolled in tailpipes at either end of bumper. Including fitting and cutting out, is this a little high then? have u got any pics of it tom? where did u have urs done?

not too fussed about having to go back once a year, although i am fussed about the quality of the systems, which im getting vaired feedback on

[Edited by david_129 on 04 May 2004 at 4:19pm]

how much u pay for whole thing fitted KDF?

david ill take a pic when i get home for you if you want.

well they offered me cutting but they said it would be extra. are you just having back boxes or a cat back ?

when u say twin exit u mean one on the left and one on the left of the bumper?

i had mine done @ Mr Tyre in leicester, sounds about right that price

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

its only backbox up...not centre section...

i mean im getting one exit on the left and one on the right....like a 182 but further apart and 3" wide each. Get me? Seems like a lot for only a back box... ill be using the normal renault cat from standard. Its just odd to me casue ktec are like £211 full system!?

Id really appreciate a pic of yours too mate, if poss.

Suzuki SV1000S

Mate, it is probably expensive because they have to get that second pipe round your spare wheel well. I would just go for the one on the left IMO

Skoda Fabia vRS

ring a different dealer try an get a better price

my car is lowered 80mm at the front and is about 3" off the floor at the front, they layed planks up the ramps for me and i got on no problem

i paid £275 from the turbo pipe back, and that included fitting a K-Tec turbo pipe which fell to pieces when they were fitting it so they had to re-weld that for me aswell, however mines a very simple system, so maybe thats why it was cheap

i got mine done at Powerflow in Burnley

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

just one on the left...well i encountered another problem...ktec only do the twin 3" tailpipe (that ever1 has), the slash cut, and the oval (again v popular) tailpipes for the 1.6...thsu im a little stuck and cant get the 3.5" rolled which is what i wanted. Very confused with all this stuff...dunno what to do...but need to do it asap.

You dont like twin look george?

Skoda Fabia vRS

get a powerflow, that way YOU decide what you want, you dont get what everyone else has

Suzuki SV1000S

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 04 May 2004

get a powerflow, that way YOU decide what you want, you dont get what everyone else has

Exactly ^^^^^ even choose the note you get mate.

Forget powerflow, go to charlie.

He builds the silencers for your system, there isnt one single off the shelf part.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

agree with Ben.... you ask for a certain type of note with Charlie and low and behold you get it....

+ the stainless is higher grade with a larger wall thickness and he welds better....

Andy

GDI

NOOOOO!! go for two David you gotta be a bit daring hehe!!

Yeah as said above ^ if you tell them what sort of sound you want you get it! two of my mates have powerflows and i went and got a quote and they made the sound we all wanted exactly they are wicked

Vix :)

I think with powerflow the problem is that they franchise work out, so whaere as one dealer can do A+ work, another can bodge it up.

Im personally going for a k-tec system, ive heard nothing but good things about them, wehere as i have heard some failry shocking powerflow stories.

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 04 May 2004

If you even remotely near to cardiff i HIGHLY reccomend you go visit Charlie at Pro Speed.....hes simple awesome. He was brought over by powerflow to train the fanchises......subsequently they were crap and he started his own place.

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=84262&PagePosition=3http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=84262&PagePosition=3

he the south african guy??

if so he was at the burnley one wen i had me valver 1 fitted 4 years ago........even he commented on the quality of work carried out at this dealership..so think il stick local lol

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

hmm not sure now, as im far away from cardiff cant be travelling there. guess i might jus risk it and c how t goes :confused:

I phoned a car accessory shop the other day and they actually advised against Powerflow for whatever reason.

Theyve probably got vested interests in Magnex or something. ;)

Suzuki SV1000S

Mate, think it just depends where you have it fitted, I would go to which ever one is nearest to you, They muct come with a guarantee so youll be fine!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

u rekon mate? hmm just started another thread about RSR Tyres..people not being too postiive, dont want a sh*t job done thats all...had enough problems with the car already :(

well here i am bigging up powerflow and im having to go back after work cus the goon who fitted my decat 4got to tighten the U shaped thing that holds a join in ur exhaust together!

david its not complicated. If you want the design your going for mate. Get a powerflow and if your not happy about it, take it back because its got a lifetime guarantee. Either way you dont loose.;)

Shame you need a custom really because of the kit, you can get a proper system from Supersprint which looks tasty.

-Rob