ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on these wheels?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I kind of like them in a "it could have come from the factory on them, they dont stand out or look chavvy" kind of way, but at the same time they arent exactly exciting either.

Apologies they are only on the front, we have only made one adapter up so far.

879bda5c.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I wouldn't go to the effort of making adaptors to fit them personally.

Me neither, Im making up the adaptors to fit a different wheel that is the same fitment as these ones, so was just using these for mocking up with as I had these but havent got the other ones yet, but just wondered what people thought of them purely out of interest.

The ones Im intending to fit with the adaptors eventually are these:
speedline16x7-2.jpg

(but not in gold)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sorry, not a fan.

No need to apologise, I asked for opinions, lol

My mrs doesnt like them either, and its her who uses this particular car more, so they wont actually be staying, just wondered what people thought that was all as personally I dont dislike them, I think they suit the car about as well as the standard rims really.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They're not hugely different to the standard rims. But the standard ones look better IMO.

They felt a little lighter than the standard rims, and I think they look slightly smaller even though both are 16"

I quite like the look of these cars on 15" rims, but arch gaps get bad unless you go very low, so I thought proportion wise they worked quite well, even though like I say im not a massive fan of the styling of the wheels in the first place.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The ones on the back are great ;)

Speaking of which, get those diamond cut and they'll be even better. The fronts could be a grower, though.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Not a massive fan mate.

What are they Chip? They look like Impreza wheels.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I think they look too bulky, the spokes are huge.

They are yeah, but the do suit the car, IMO. Although saying that, it does depend on the car colour. There's an immaculate red 172 up the street from me, completely stock and it does look great with those alloys on, which have been diamond cut/polished.

I like the standard rims on both the 172 and the 182. Mind you, the ones on the front aren't exactly deal breakers, they look great too. Would definitely get a better impression of them if they were shopped on the back too though. They might look too small for the car on the back.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not a massive fan mate.

What are they Chip? They look like Impreza wheels.

Yeah they are subaru wheels, like I said further up in the thread its a different set of subaru wheels the mrs actually wants, I have just been using these so me and my mate can knock up the adaptors, but then when it went on I quite liked it.
The mrs doesnt like them though, so they deffo wont be staying, but I just thought as they had divided us so much (normally we agree on most things to do with cars and car styling) I thought it might be interesting to see if they divided CS also, although so far it looks like everyone agrees with my mrs, so maybe its just my old man tastes showing through, lol

Speedline Comp 2's!!! One of my favourite wheels ever. Girlfriend had them on her 106 GTi and I kept trying to steal them lol

As for the subaru wheels - like you say they look like a fancy version of the standard wheeel

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
PS

Here is another one of our car for opinions on the wheels

TBH neither of us like these, the style of the rim isnt terrible so maybe in a different colour they would be ok, but we just arent a fan of gold wheels, they are just on there cause they happened to come on a rolling shell I bought and have brand new tyres and I needed some wheels for the phase 1 and although a bit hideous these are utterly mint so it made sense to chuck them on for now while im waiting for someone to give me back an OZ F1 I leant them and need to complete a set.

IMG00016-20120611-1345.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Speedline Comp 2's!!! One of my favourite wheels ever. Girlfriend had them on her 106 GTi and I kept trying to steal them lol

As for the subaru wheels - like you say they look like a fancy version of the standard wheeel

Yeah its the comp2 Im going to get for it, aweomely strong wheel and quite light, and they are relatively cheaply available in subaru fitment but not clio, hence making up the adaptors :)
shame they are nearly all gold though, but thats easily sorted :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Me neither, Im making up the adaptors to fit a different wheel that is the same fitment as these ones, so was just using these for mocking up with as I had these but havent got the other ones yet, but just wondered what people thought of them purely out of interest.

The ones Im intending to fit with the adaptors eventually are these:
speedline16x7-2.jpg

(but not in gold)

I genuinely don't think they'll suit the Clio. They don't even suit the Impreza, IMO.

Someone I'm sure could knock together a photoshop for you, but I'd try another variation of wheels. All subjective of course.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I genuinely don't think they'll suit the Clio. They don't even suit the Impreza, IMO.

Someone I'm sure could knock together a photoshop for you, but I'd try another variation of wheels. All subjective of course.

Ive seen a rallycar 172 with speedline comp2 on and I thought they looked great TBH but my photoshop skills are non existant so I wont try and prove it to you, lol.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
They're not bad Chip, I think any wieght saved would be put back on with the adaptors etc. The other ones you want to go with look good imo.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They're not bad Chip, I think any wieght saved would be put back on with the adaptors etc. The other ones you want to go with look good imo.

Yes you are probably right as obviously the adaptors are probably best part of a kg or so each, but weight isnt a big issue TBH as we're not after them for track use anyway as we always run 15" rims on track on this car, the comp2's will just be when its in use as a daily.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Scutch - They do come as a standard wheel on some subarus like the legacy.

Really? surprised to hear that as I genuinely wasnt aware of that although im not really a big subaru person anyway so will take your word for it if you are sure.
What age/spec level etc car should I be looking for to see a set for sale out of interest?

Chip - Having seen them on a Legacy Spec-B in 16" they look good on there, so on a clio they'd look far greater than the speedlines.

I just think they look a bit "JDM-Yo" for my taste TBH, I do like them, but not sure they would suit a clio.

Would be good if someone did a photoshop though, as TBH im rubbish at visualising stuff anyway, im more a mechanical/functional person than a arty/design type.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Scutch - They do come as a standard wheel on some subarus like the legacy.

Chip - Having seen them on a Legacy Spec-B in 16" they look good on there, so on a clio they'd look far greater than the speedlines.

Ahh cool.