ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange (Captain Complaint 2)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Running in formation, been without a mobile all day today whilst Orange send a replacement handset out for my troubled N73 which is stuck telling me I have a voicemail when I don't and is generally running like s**t.

Engineer turns up at 8pm and we swap phones. He leaves. I try phone... "You have 1 new message" ARRRGGHGHH!!! I call orange. 30mins later and still listening to some s**t music whislt on hold I hang up as I need a piss.

I have a bite to eat and try again, give my dad a hand moving some bits and at half 9 decide to try again. Sat in the queue again and BOOOM! This office is now closed.... !!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

#1. My phone is still broke
#2. My Orange VOIP service is still broken

WHAT THE f**k!!!! This has been going on months...!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

FuckedOffCake

Suprized you got an N73 from them, when I tried to uprgrade they said they won't do it anymore as it keeps going wrong. Orange is now cancelled.

I upgraded my o2 phone to a n73 and kept my phone number that i've had for 7 years woo lol.

Orange are rubbish.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I feel your pain, got to phone up 02 soon for a contract renew, hate it everytime.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Surprised it works to be honest although its already coming up with weird errors like "Data packet connection timed out" amongst the many its telling me!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
When I try the Nokia firmware doesn't recognise it and I don't think I can unshift it. If I could it would probably invalidate my warranty and considering how crap this phone is, I don't think thats a great idea.

Without wanting to sound like rubbing your nose in it, maybe ditch the orange contract lol. That said if you've just upgraded your tied into a contract swap for a k800?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I'm going to ask them tomorrow considering I've complained so much about the phone

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I've read loads of negative comments on here about Orange but I would advise any one to stay well clear of O2. Now they are shoit.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Oh yeah, Voda with the signal which always cut out, the random crashes, the £170 phone bills... oh joy... bring back string and tin cans! lol.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol 02 are the worst! Never had a bill i would call correct and my line rental changes every month.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Orange might have just fixed my livebox so I'll have Voice Over IP.... fingers crossed they'll be out of the dog house a bit!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Surprised it works to be honest although its already coming up with weird errors like "Data packet connection timed out" amongst the many its telling me!
i ahve had that tonight too so i'm guessing its problem with their network and not your phone, did my head in as i was trying to cheat on a pub quiz, had to use that text question service in the end, they came up trumps though! ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
Suprized you got an N73 from them, when I tried to uprgrade they said they won't do it anymore as it keeps going wrong. Orange is now cancelled.

I upgraded my o2 phone to a n73 and kept my phone number that i've had for 7 years woo lol.

Orange are rubbish.
i heard that rumour too but i called them up two weeks ago and told them i was going to leave them and they asked e what i wanted, told them a free N73 and loads of other stuff and they gave me it all and i had the n72 the next day, its worked perfectly so far, no problems, its an ace phone, even with the orange firmware

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Been trying to get through to Orange tech support since yesterday re my broadband.

Yesterday 11am - on hold for 30 mins - gave up
Yesterday 4.30pm - on hold for 57 mins - gave up

Today 10am - on hold for 10 mins - then after 5 mins of talking to an indian guy, he tells me i need to ring another number.

Today 10.15am - ring other number with same message as yesterday, high call volumes please try again later

1st class sh!te

Better than yours. C*nt.
I've not had any problems (other than occasional network outages) with T-Mobile. When my 3G Datacard had an issue, someone called me within a half hour to talk me through the problem before deciding it was a driver issue, they sent me a beta to test and a week later it was an official release (now 2.7).

I also managed to get a 50% discount on all my line rental :) No more £90 minimum phone bills!!!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Scarily the Indian call centre woman fixed my Voice Over IP last night - what a true legend!

And then... through a huge fluke, I've fixed the mobile!
Called voicemail, selected option 2 - send a message to an orange number. Put in my number, left a message then hung up. Moments later I got a "you have 2 new messages alert".
I called voicemail, listened to message, pressed 3 to delete. "You have no more messages. Main menu. To check for messages..." said the automated woman and then my phone bleeped and the icon disappeaered...

Holy hell! N73 is running latest firmware and running nice and smoothly. All is good. :D

Pikey Truck
I work for phones4u. Nearly every time i have to ring orange to sort out a connection or whatever i get someone who has no idea what they are doing. For example, i rang up the other day and had this stupid indian prick telling me that the postcode i had given him wasnt correct, yet it was bringing up an address on my system, i ended up hanging up on him and ringing again, luckily i got through to some chap from up north who knew exactly what he was doin!! its mainly the indians that we get problems with tbh!!

Better than yours. C*nt.
I work for phones4u. Nearly every time i have to ring orange to sort out a connection or whatever i get someone who has no idea what they are doing. For example, i rang up the other day and had this stupid indian prick telling me that the postcode i had given him wasnt correct, yet it was bringing up an address on my system, i ended up hanging up on him and ringing again, luckily i got through to some chap from up north who knew exactly what he was doin!! its mainly the indians that we get problems with tbh!!

Because, in the nicest way possible (and without being racist!) outsourcing doesn't work. HSBC are criminal for it as well - you phone them up and unless you answer as their script dictates then they get confused and don't know what you're on about.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Running in formation, been without a mobile all day today whilst Orange send a replacement handset out for my troubled N73 which is stuck telling me I have a voicemail when I don't and is generally running like s**t.

Engineer turns up at 8pm and we swap phones. He leaves. I try phone... "You have 1 new message" ARRRGGHGHH!!! I call orange. 30mins later and still listening to some s**t music whislt on hold I hang up as I need a piss.

I have a bite to eat and try again, give my dad a hand moving some bits and at half 9 decide to try again. Sat in the queue again and BOOOM! This office is now closed.... !!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

#1. My phone is still broke
#2. My Orange VOIP service is still broken

WHAT THE f**k!!!! This has been going on months...!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

f**kedOffCake

I'll sort you out PM your mobile and I will call you from work (orange) 2morrow.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172

Because, in the nicest way possible (and without being racist!) outsourcing doesn't work. HSBC are criminal for it as well - you phone them up and unless you answer as their script dictates then they get confused and don't know what you're on about.

I work @ Orange and I hate having to deal with our ofshore friends, there terrible they havnt a clue what they are doing, and yeh call centre is up here in Newcastle

And Mike nothing at you but Phones4u are the biggest joke bar carphone going. Half of your stores tell the customer they come to orange to get the half price line rental back (redemption) you's use RADS incorrect and end up connecting the customer and having there billing date set 5days later. next thing we know Phones4u are blaming us and we have to deal with irate customer who thought she had 500minutes and only had 100, got charged pro-rata month and month in advance and it's p4u's fault for not telling sub the billing date!!!.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Dean. You are a legend but thankfully they've managed to sort everything out!

Next time I have a problem though I'll let you know. Much much appreciated.

Si.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Dean. You are a legend but thankfully they've managed to sort everything out!

Next time I have a problem though I'll let you know. Much much appreciated.

Si.

If your on contract ill sort you out some compo.

Edit: Nokia N series phones are attrocious, not solely orange's fault/neglect.

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Never had a problem with o2, orange were truly w**k.

Can you please back that up with a real founded explination not just a personal comment with no explination of why.

ALL Mobile networks have a lot of trouble securing and maintaing customers along with keeping there customer's happy. Mobile phones are a very personal thing to us and with the ammount of features on phones nowadays it's no wonder there's so many thing's go wrong.

02/CPW Decided I was Dead.
Vodaphone stole my number and wanted £1000 for a PAC code took them to ofcom and got compo out of them.
3G are just plain terrible.
Virgin are a piggy network
T-mobile are ok but there coverage up north is something to be desired.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I'm sure Dean is going to restore my confidence. Now, who works at Sky customer services? ;)

Clio Billabong, Audi S2
I started an 18 month contract with orange last June.... and stupidly enough was attracted to the N80.

By the end of november the screen was messed, it keeps going blank or all purple.

A couple of days later i received an answerphone message, which i deleted, but the icon was not removed from my phone, sounds the same as the problem above. I tried sending myself a message and deleting it, to no avail.

Another couple of days and the phone started randomly vibrating. I can tell you from experience that its not nice to have, for all intensive purposes, a vibrator going off in your pocket whilst your driving down the M6.
The only way it seems to stop the phone vibrating is to open the cover and rip out the battery.

All of these problems persist, and the phone is now unuseable.

I spoke to some English guy from orange, luckily enough, who said that there was nothing he could do and gave me some premium rate number to call Nokia on... after a small fortune speaking to Nokia countless times they gave me the number to a local "Nokia Service Center", who despite calling numerous times will not pick up...

Ive had to resort to my Sony Ericsson P900, and im seriously regretting moving to Orange for a contract...

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
I started an 18 month contract with orange last June.... and stupidly enough was attracted to the N80.

By the end of november the screen was messed, it keeps going blank or all purple.

A couple of days later i received an answerphone message, which i deleted, but the icon was not removed from my phone, sounds the same as the problem above. I tried sending myself a message and deleting it, to no avail.

Another couple of days and the phone started randomly vibrating. I can tell you from experience that its not nice to have, for all intensive purposes, a vibrator going off in your pocket whilst your driving down the M6.
The only way it seems to stop the phone vibrating is to open the cover and rip out the battery.

All of these problems persist, and the phone is now unuseable.

I spoke to some English guy from orange, luckily enough, who said that there was nothing he could do and gave me some premium rate number to call Nokia on... after a small fortune speaking to Nokia countless times they gave me the number to a local "Nokia Service Center", who despite calling numerous times will not pick up...

Ive had to resort to my Sony Ericsson P900, and im seriously regretting moving to Orange for a contract...

But how is that Orange, It's NOKIA again the Nokia N Series phone is s**t. And btw just for the record the phone can be replaced and if they give you BS about an admin charge it's s**t. at the end of the day its down to how nice the person on the phone want's to be.

Better than yours. C*nt.
But how is that Orange, It's NOKIA again the Nokia N Series phone is s**t. And btw just for the record the phone can be replaced and if they give you BS about an admin charge it's s**t. at the end of the day its down to how nice the person on the phone want's to be.

It's Orange in so far as they supplied the goods which are faulty, and on the grounds that I don't think an N80 can be old enough to be out of warranty they are obliged to have it repaired/replaced as necessary. If they're shirking out of this then the guy has every right to b**ch about Orange.

Plus your post up, you mention me and Phones4U. 1st thing, I hate Phones4U because their adverts are worse than irritating, and 2nd thing, I have a better job than that...;)

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
No your wrong, the warranty is with Nokia not Orange, they supplied the goods and you have 28 days to return them as faulty if after that time the warranty is with the manufacturer.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
No your wrong, the warranty is with Nokia not Orange, they supplied the goods and you have 28 days to return them as faulty if after that time the warranty is with the manufacturer.

In this case, The N73 is a network branded handset.

So you could go to either orange or nokia.

However a replacement N73 from orange would still suffer from the previous issue as the firmware is based on a older version thats been restyled for orange.

The latest unbranded N73 software is virtually bug free, and its a very simple processs to change the poor orange firmware over to the generic.

This goes for ANY branded orange handset, most of which are made unusable by crappy branding.

Last edited:
  Better than yours. C*nt.

If the handset is at fault it goes back to the vendor, who then return it to whichever manufacturer or repair outlet is used.

Software is also Orange, not Nokia, therefore again a vendor issue.

If you have a broken computer which you bought from PC World, you take it back there. Your contract is with the vendor - it is very, very rare that manufacturers offer direct support to 'twunts' like you and me. It stops stupid questions.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Dean was a legend yesterday. Called me up. Listened to me b**ch about how things have been and after making a tweak to my voicemail all is well.

Thanks bud. :) One of the good guys.

Never had a problem with o2, orange were truly w**k.

Can you please back that up with a real founded explination not just a personal comment with no explination of why.

ALL Mobile networks have a lot of trouble securing and maintaing customers along with keeping there customer's happy. Mobile phones are a very personal thing to us and with the ammount of features on phones nowadays it's no wonder there's so many thing's go wrong.

02/CPW Decided I was Dead.
Vodaphone stole my number and wanted £1000 for a PAC code took them to ofcom and got compo out of them.
3G are just plain terrible.
Virgin are a piggy network
T-mobile are ok but there coverage up north is something to be desired.

My o2 dealings are with o2 direct, carphonewarehouse have never been involved with any of my phones. I will point blank refuse to use them for my own reasons.

Used to lose signal for 2-3days on the trot, ended up using MY o2 phone calling them up asking for an explaination on why this was happening, they had no answer but took the phone back. The replacement arrived and then bam, no signal again. So using o2
again calmly spoke to customer services, who and I quote said ' its something your gonna have to live with'. Well tbh after that comment they were doomed. I had numerous issues with details appearing on my bill. On phoning said company they simply replied ' oh ignore those'. Yeah well professional!

White Clio 1.2 @ 172

If the handset is at fault it goes back to the vendor, who then return it to whichever manufacturer or repair outlet is used.

Software is also Orange, not Nokia, therefore again a vendor issue.

If you have a broken computer which you bought from PC World, you take it back there. Your contract is with the vendor - it is very, very rare that manufacturers offer direct support to 'twunts' like you and me. It stops stupid questions.

Just to put you straight, The firmware they run on these is NOT orange firmware it's nokia's generic firmware. The only thing that alters is they put the orange startup logo and put the orange logo on the front to show it's past there test's and comply's with there standard's. The Nokia N Series on ANY network has known issues and known problem's.

The only diffrence between Orange and other network's is that Orange's VM Server is setup diffrently and the info it sends to say that there are no new voicemail's is diffrent to 02 etc. These problems still appear on other networks.

The new Black N73 has no KNOWN issues but on the resources inside orange I can still see it failed some of our most basic test's.

Anyway the phones are manufactured by Nokia and they are the ones who have the software issues.

As for pc world that's so ironic you mention the words pc-world and return they fit together so nicely. Just as an example direct RMA is offered on TAGAN psu's.

As for returns procedure I would assume it was with Orange and faulty phones would be returned as that's what I usually see, but then I'm billing department not Handset Fault's so I wouldn't really be prepared to comment on that.

Darthcake said:
Dean was a legend yesterday. Called me up. Listened to me b**ch about how things have been and after making a tweak to my voicemail all is well.

Thanks bud. :) One of the good guys.

Thank's matey I was trying to waste some time ;) Came off my break when I phoned you then when I finished on the phone to u I took 3 more calls and got my next break :D

Last edited:
  Clio Billabong, Audi S2

I guess id have to agree with you. Problem is i purchashed the phone off Orange, so as far as im concerned they should deal with it.

... still not pick up from Nokia.