ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Origine RS Goodwood

Clio Sport 172
Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone was thinking of going to Origine RS at Goodwood on 22nd August, or went last year?

I guess you buy a ticket and when you turn up on the day your car is judged and placed in the different sections?

Rach

Last year it fell on the same day as ClioSport Saturday so I couldn't go unfortunately. Heard good things about it though and I'm going to try and make it this year! Not sure about tickets and placements.. Never been and haven't looked into it yet.

Clio Sport 172
It's great that they are different weekends this year, first year of owning my RS so wanting to get out to the shows and meet people/their cars as much as possible!

Mini GP2
You have to buy your ticket in advance, no tickets can be purchased on the day; that includes any passengers you want to bring.

Clio Sport 172
@Cub. that's what I was wondering too. The Origine RS website has a page for eligibility but I don't really understand how/when the condition of your car is judged.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks a really good event, you booking track time @Christopher. The prices look pretty reasonable on the website.

I'm not mate no.

As for the eligibility side of things, that is what made last years event. I honestly think mine was probably the shabbiest there as the front bumper took a knock. Every thing there was mint. As Mcmuffin has said its better to have the best cars grouped together. With the success of last year though I would of thought there would be enough interest to open the event up to a wider ordinance. There was plenty of space for all the cars last year and room for some more in the shelters at the rear of the pits.

The event is billed to show off Renaults Motorsport heritage and there successful road cars...... Not how you have extensivly modified your 172.

As iv said it was by far and away the best show iv been too and am looking forward to this years. If that means hiding away at the back as the front bumper is even worse now so be it.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Planning on going to this... No interest in 'showing' my shabby tastelessly modified Ph1. It's a Clio with less stuff in it - who wants to see that anyway ?

I do want some track time however !!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'm not mate no.

As for the eligibility side of things, that is what made last years event. I honestly think mine was probably the shabbiest there as the front bumper took a knock. Every thing there was mint. As Mcmuffin has said its better to have the best cars grouped together. With the success of last year though I would of thought there would be enough interest to open the event up to a wider ordinance. There was plenty of space for all the cars last year and room for some more in the shelters at the rear of the pits.

The event is billed to show off Renaults Motorsport heritage and there successful road cars...... Not how you have extensivly modified your 172.

As iv said it was by far and away the best show iv been too and am looking forward to this years. If that means hiding away at the back as the front bumper is even worse now so be it.

I'll be along I think. Taking your word it is a good show :smile: Mine is far from mint as you know. So don't mind if it is in or out of the paddock tbh.

I'm highly likely to do track time. Can't pass up the opportunity to drive Goodwood!

Will be good to see some of the older Renaults. I have an unhealthy desire for an Alpine A110. Absolutely love them.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Planning on going to this... No interest in 'showing' my shabby tastelessly modified Ph1. It's a Clio with less stuff in it - who wants to see that anyway ?

I do want some track time however !!

Sunflower Yellow would be able to walk in id imagine.

I should of fleshed out my original point a bit better.. I think most 'track cars' will be fine as they had there own paddock last year.

I'll be along I think. Taking your word it is a good show :smile: Mine is far from mint as you know. So don't mind if it is in or out of the paddock tbh.

I'm highly likely to do track time. Can't pass up the opportunity to drive Goodwood!

Will be good to see some of the older Renaults. I have an unhealthy desire for an Alpine A110. Absolutely love them.

The Flamer will go very very well at Goodwood mate.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Sunflower Yellow would be able to walk in id imagine.

I should of fleshed out my original point a bit better.. I think most 'track cars' will be fine as they had there own paddock last year.

The Flamer will go very very well at Goodwood mate.

Furrymuff.. TBH I've just got no interest in showing off the badly painted, stripped out, EvoVI-seated, Cat B, rusty PoS to anyone anyway :poo:

[Apart from @Cub. when I go past him on track in his silly pink 1.2 rep.]

Braaaap.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I wish id done this last year.

Id love to do it this year, i hope the car is sold by then if not then it wont be used or insured until its sold.

Shame as it might have had some interest at this show.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Tickets in advance only, is that still the case?

Does anyone know the last day they can be purchased, or has it not been decided yet? Reason being, I'm going to have to make a last-minute decision on this...

@mossyv6 are you a man in the know?

Iceberg 172cup
I'm up for the track time here as it's only half hour from me.
Although did a pistonheads track day there earlier in the year and the sound limit is quite low at 96db drive by
I had to lift off coming outta the first corner
Thtough St Marys and coming out of the chicane

Should hopefully be there, looks extremely good!
Love how it costs more for a 'show car' ticket, and you may get there and them not let you in as a show car haha.
Not sure what to do, with regards to track time.
May do just the 1 or 2 15 min slots. More so for the privilege of driving goodwood than anything.

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
Should hopefully be there, looks extremely good!
Love how it costs more for a 'show car' ticket, and you may get there and them not let you in as a show car haha.
Not sure what to do, with regards to track time.
May do just the 1 or 2 15 min slots. More so for the privilege of driving goodwood than anything.
i spoke to one of the guys running it and he said as long as you got a renault sport you're allowed into the show car part :)

Just seen that its only a tenner more to just go with the 3x sessions than it is to have 2 and entrance, as the 3 sessions package includes entrance (£95)
I know what I'll be getting on payday!

Also, anyone know what the deal is with helmets? Doesn't say you have to wear one, but i can only assume you do?
Do they hire them out there?

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
took us 3.5 hrs to get home from goodwood fos :confused: can we not have a meet at chelmsford, plenty of old renaults around essex to look at without paying, lol, never again.