ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OS X 10.8.2

Bus w**ker
Only just spotted the update has rolled out, loving the Facebook integration (yes haters gonna hate) and especially the fact that iMessages sent to my mobile number now come through to my Mac - iPad too for those wondering - not just my Apple ID.

I've not really dug about to find what else is there but I'm pleased with these small changes, anyone else found anything worth messing with?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Will either of you two geeks help me please?

For no reason when I want to delete a file it now asks me to enter my password. I didn't change any of the settings. Any ideas how to correct.

Bus w**ker
Will either of you two geeks help me please?

For no reason when I want to delete a file it now asks me to enter my password. I didn't change any of the settings. Any ideas how to correct.

LOL asking AK for help, good one.

Anyway, no clue. Have you done all the usual things like rebooting and updating etc. I know it will prompt for a password if you're trying trash important system files. r****d protection.

*edit

The problem was that the .Trash folder in my user's directory was owned by root.

➜ ~ l | grep .Trashdrwx------ 82 root staff 2788 25 jul 17:26 .Trash

In order to give back the ownership to my user issue the following command:

➜ ~ sudo chown your_user_name ~/.Trash

AK

M240i
Facebook
•Single sign on for Facebook
•Facebook as an option when sharing links and photos
•Facebook friends’ contact information and profile pictures in Contacts
•Facebook notifications in Notification Center

Game Center
•Share scores to Facebook, Twitter, Mail, or Messages
•Facebook friends are included in Game Center friend recommendations
•Facebook Like button for games
•Challenge friends to beat your score or achievement

Other new features
•Power Nap support for MacBook Air (Late 2010)
•iMessages sent to your phone number now appear in Messages on your Mac
•From Safari and Mail on your Mac you can add passes to Passbook on your iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 6
•New shared Reminders lists
•FaceTime now receives calls sent to your phone number
•New sort options allow you to sort notes by title, the date you edited them, and when you created them
•Dictation now supports Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, Korean, Canadian English, Canadian French, and Italian
•The Dictionary application now includes a French definition dictionary
•Sina Weibo profile photos can now be added to Contacts

The 10.8.2 update also includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac, including the following fixes:
•An option to discard the changes in the original document when choosing Save As
•Unsent drafts are opened automatically when launching Mail
•Receive Twitter notifications for mentions and replies from anyone
•URLs are shortened when sending tweets from Notification Center
•Notifications are disabled when AirPlay Mirroring is being used
•SSL support for Google searches from the Smart Search Field in Safari
•New preference to have Safari launch with previously open webpages

AK

M240i
Moron. It's not really rocket science to find out for yourself and learn something rather than being spoon-fed everything, like Euge.

So why didn't you find out about all the other features yourself rather than start a thread ;)?

Bus w**ker
I've already read the change log you f**king mong, I was asking for others opinions on what they'd found or used. FFS is the education system in Scotland THAT fucked that I have to explain this to you? Maybe it's because you don't interact with people that you struggle to understand conversations?

f**k me I'd rather Danny 113 of whatever he's called was posting in here than you.

f**k!

Facebook integration is awesome - actually get peoples birthdays in my calendar now :D

The iMessage stuff where you can receive messages sent to your number on your mac/iPad etc.. is awesome too

Bus w**ker
What natively?
The new iOS does it too - first time i've noticed it

Could do it by exporting the friend's birthdays FB data feed via caldev into the calendar app on either OS X or iOS and it would then sync via push. Worked for events too. Obviously it's all native now but I had it set up on my phone and it synced across all devices flawlessly.

Could do it by exporting the friend's birthdays FB data feed via caldev into the calendar app on either OS X or iOS and it would then sync via push. Worked for events too. Obviously it's all native now but I had it set up on my phone and it synced across all devices flawlessly.

Ahhh yeah I know you could do it through caldev - but I'm too lazy for that s**t

I like how now when I'm on my iPad and I swipe down to see notifications it just tells me it's someones birthday today lol

AK

M240i
Ahhh yeah I know you could do it through caldev - but I'm too lazy for that s**t

I like how now when I'm on my iPad and I swipe down to see notifications it just tells me it's someones birthday today lol

Does that on Mac too. In the notification centre.

AK

M240i
Yup. I don't like that it added everyone's birthdays though. So I unsynced the calendar. f**k that.

Bus w**ker
Not on iOS and whilst your Air is highly portable I doubt you dare carry it about LDN for fear of getting mugged by those white devils.