ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OSX Lion Thread

Re: Lion to be released this evening?

Well 1am is tomorrow morning. But no.

It won't be available here until early evening.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi

That's what I thought, but they do quote that it'll be the UK store?

All rumors I know though!

Inferno 182 CUP

i reckon 1AM release sounds about right as the stores are being refreshed tonight with new signage etc etc which will be for Lion, Macbooks and Mac Mini's .. i think

dont think the air is coming tommorow

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

Sorry to sound stupid (As usual)

In a nut shell what is Lion? Is it a complete new interface? What are the main features?

Cheers

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

No, it wont be until it is.

57 Clio Campus Sport

A list provided by Computerworld sums up a timeline of earlier four OS X releases which coincidentally were released on a Friday:

--OS 10.6, Snow Leopard: Friday August 28, 2009

--OS 10.5, Leopard: Friday, October 26, 2007

--OS 10.4, Tiger: Friday, April 29, 2005

--OS 10.3, Panther: Friday, October 24, 2003.

Probably next week at the earliest. Harry Potter has stolen this weekend. They have third quarter profits report on Tuesday so maybe soon after that. I'd say the above points to 29th though.

Last edited:
  Inferno 182 CUP

1AM tonight? which will be 5PM in cupertino .. otherwise ill guess 26th or 29th :(

Are upgraded macbooks coming with Lion too? Hope so, pricing up a current spec pro at current prices isn't cheap now I can't get a student discount. Thinking they might keep them on and ditch the white macbook as the cheaper ones.

57 Clio Campus Sport

Latest rumour for this is now tomorrow. Apparently the stores have been receiving OSX Lion on HDDs to install on the demo macs today. Also makes sense straight after posting their 3rd quarter earnings.

Last edited:

Are upgraded macbooks coming with Lion too? Hope so, pricing up a current spec pro at current prices isn't cheap now I can't get a student discount. Thinking they might keep them on and ditch the white macbook as the cheaper ones.

If it's not on it already then you will be entitled to a free download once its out.

Lion requires an Intel-based Mac with a Core 2 Duo, i3, i5, i7 or Xeon processor and 2GB of RAM. The Lion upgrade can be installed on all your authorized personal Macs.

The Mac OS X Lion Up-To-Date upgrade is available at no additional charge via the Mac App Store to all customers who purchased a qualifying new Mac system from Apple or an Apple Authorized Reseller on or after June 6, 2011. Users must request their Up-To-Date upgrade within 30 days of purchase of their Mac computer. Customers who purchase a qualifying Mac between June 6, 2011 and the date when Lion is available in the Mac App Store will have 30 days from Lion’s official release date to make a request.

Also you should be able to order from here without any ID : http://store.apple.com/uk_edu_5000748

SEAT Ibiza SC FR

Lion you say?

lion.jpg