ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

overrun map on 172

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Anyone have any idea how loud the pops and bangs from the JMS/fastchip over run map will be on a completely standard 172 system apart from a decat?

cheers

Megane RS 250
Ask it to Cooper S owners...they have pops and bangs programmed in the OEM map :eek:
In the last one you can even turn them on and off with the sport button!!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
is the overrun file available direct from fastchip now to upload using the RStuner? I thought i read it was only available from JMS, but that may of been an old thread i was reading?

also can you have the overrun map, aswell as the launch control one?

A dieppe product
I think it's only for ph1,not for 172/182 and I don't know if it is compatible with launch control,twice things would be amazing

106GTI / NovaC20LET
anyone know how to tell which map i need for my car got rs tuner waiting just not sure which .cal to buy its a 53 plate 172 cup. help would be much appreciated

cheers

BMW E36 328i Sport
Will it not pop and bang with a de-cat and performance exhaust anyway. I'm new to the Clio scene so just trying to gather knowledge. IMO pops,bangs and flames are what you get after spending good money on performance mods.

monaco 172
Will it not pop and bang with a de-cat and performance exhaust anyway. I'm new to the Clio scene so just trying to gather knowledge. IMO pops,bangs and flames are what you get after spending good money on performance mods.

Na just a biT raspyier and loud

Mk5 golf gti
If you think pops an bangs are pointless then you are a GHEY :approve:

id like this map when available for the rstuner for the phase 2 172 for a laugh for a bit

BMW E36 328i Sport
I think there ghay if you are specificly changing something to make it pop and bang. If you had cams that made it pop, bang and shoot flames because of overlap then that's ok because they are produced due to the engine set up.

ibiza cupra
I think there ghay if you are specificly changing something to make it pop and bang. If you had cams that made it pop, bang and shoot flames because of overlap then that's ok because they are produced due to the engine set up.

i agree. mapping your car so it spits flames is almost as bad as having an electric dump valve lol. if you get performance with it then its all good but i wouldnt get it purely for that reason as i would rather have a faster car with no flame than a slower car that does.

BMW E36 328i Sport
i agree. mapping your car so it spits flames is almost as bad as having an electric dump valve lol. if you get performance with it then its all good but i wouldnt get it purely for that reason as i would rather have a faster car with no flame than a slower car that does.

Exactly mate. The majority will want flames because they have seen high power cars spit flames, high power cars spit flames for a reason not just to look cool. Each to their own though.

I have receibed a fastchip mail with this new updates yesterday,and 6500_5404 overrun map it's a candy for me haha,fastchip is my candy shop I had alreade purchase it but my vci is 174 and this map needs 178 or higher,I hope in a not too distant future I can put it in my car.
If somebody bought it,I would like to see more videos running this cal.

Hipwell I think it would be on sale for 182 as soon as posible,if somebody can do it,that is Henk ;-)

monaco 172
I have receibed a fastchip mail with this new updates yesterday,and 6500_5404 overrun map it's a candy for me haha,fastchip is my candy shop I had alreade purchase it but my vci is 174 and this map needs 178 or higher,I hope in a not too distant future I can put it in my car.
If somebody bought it,I would like to see more videos running this cal.

Hipwell I think it would be on sale for 182 as soon as posible,if somebody can do it,that is Henk ;-)

strange that he didnt upload it at the same time as the 172 though as jms have had it for ages.

A dieppe product
this is your car with the over-run,it sounds brilliant!what exhaust do you have?

I'm waiting for an answer,I have vci firm 174 and fastchip website said that only 178 or higher and I don't know what to do ¿can help me?

Megane RS 250
It sound unnatural to me, usually if you have a car with pop and bangs, they're at high revs, where the cam are wilder, with this map the pops are too low.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
IIRC correctly it only pops and bangs over 4k, so when driving normally makes no difference to MPG.

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
How much Is it for one of these chips? Will it affect my k-tec map I already have?