ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Owner to be - 182 Options....

2002 White RS 172.
After shortlisting a number of cars (Megane 225, Civic R, Focus RS, Clio obviously) the 182 seems the best suiting to me with regards to budget, size, power, fun facor etc.

It's going to be a couple of months before it becomes possible for me to get one, and i'm torn between a Blue 182 cup with the gordini stripes or a Trophy (depending on the price obviously).

My quiery however lies with the gordini 182. I've spoken to a mate who knows someone with one, and through him i've been told that it's not possible to get this colour/stripe combo with the normal 182 interior? Is this true? It's all a bit confusing. The interior isn't a deal breaker for me but it'd be nice to have some cowskin!

cheers in advance.

Racing blue came on full fat 182s along with the cups. Stripes were an option for all iirc. Wouldn't be difficult to get them retro fitted tho either official or not. I'd go for the trophy with recaros though!

Go for the trophy mate if you can! how much does the leather interior normally go for? quite fancy getting it for my cup

2002 White RS 172.
yeah i'd love trophy, but i dont have 11/12k to spend unfortunately, so unless they depreciated (which is very unlikely) quite soon it'll be the 'full fat' 182!

Gordini AKA Racing blue is a colour available with all 182 variants, except the trophy. The stripe you pay extra for.

Trophy has a RED colour. The 182 variants have cheaper interiors aks cups. However the proper 182's with or without cup packs have the leather, and all can be had painted in the "racing blue" with or without stripes.

Who asked what model to purchase???????

Blaze

106 GTi
Depends what you want from a car, if you dont like red and want all the toys, get full fat. If you want the pinnacle of the 182 range and care most about the drive get the Trophy.

As others have said you can get the Racing Blue in full fat.

RenaultSport Clio 182
It always comes down to the same debate: more toys or slightly less weight with recaros.

I have a full fat Racing Blue 182 with the stripes, and I think it looks awesome, but them I am slightly biased!!

Clio 182 + Recaros
If you dont like red .. as previously stated then the Trophy isn't an option.

Recaro seats were a late option available from Renault, so you might be able to find a Cup or FF 182 with them fitted.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I doubt the Trophy is going to drop down to a decent FF 182 price anytime soon so i guess your looking at a FF 182...good luck and you'll love it when you get it!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Make sure you get some sort of warenty with it - ive got a 172 and its never been out of renault, only very minor things, but it would not be minor money if i had to pay for it all !

LY V6 with Recaros
Yep, you can get a ff in racing blue with stripes! I would have got the trophy, but I didn't really like the red, but I love the recaro's though, so was a tough choice!

Clio 182 + Recaros
Deb182 said:
Yep, you can get a ff in racing blue with stripes! I would have got the trophy, but I didn't really like the red, but I love the recaro's though, so was a tough choice!

I think the colour of the Trophy is like marmite, you either love it or you hate it ...

Personally I'm not a fan.

2002 White RS 172.
yeah i know whyat you mean about the colour, i know a lot of people who aren't keen, and i wasn't sure about the stripes until i discovered the whole gordini back story. The problem is it becomes associated with cars like the Crysler Neon and the Fiesta St, where the decals have been applied without any real purpose.

Clio 182 + Recaros
danclarke said:
yeah i know whyat you mean about the colour, i know a lot of people who aren't keen, and i wasn't sure about the stripes until i discovered the whole gordini back story. The problem is it becomes associated with cars like the Crysler Neon and the Fiesta St, where the decals have been applied without any real purpose.

I think the gordini stripes are great in terms of a reference to the cars heritage, I didn't go for it as option because I thought it drew more attention to the car.

182 + Cup
I've never been a fan of racing blue / stripes. I think it's odd to make reference to a cars heritage with its paint job. Just as with the Fiesta ST, which imo just looks chavved up. Anyhoo, imagine a sky blue Ford RS with orange doors or something (Gulf), ok bad example. What about the racing green Rover 200 BRM with the orange grille? That looked completely sh!te imo. Not to say the Gordini scheme looks sh!te, I just don't really like it.

2002 White RS 172.
I'm beginning to think just a non striped Racing Blue model would be the way to go. After some thought, the Trophy is just out of my budget, and to be honest i don't think i have the driving ability to really take advantage of enhanced dampers, so it'd be a waste really.

The stripes look great in my opinion, but i'm just a little skeptical of how it portrays the car, as not everyone knows that they're there for a reason.

Golf R/Leon FR
thats a good point about the stripes, some may conceive them as chav, personally i like them. but you can always remove them if if dont like them.

good luck with the RS hunt :)

Monaco Blue Mk2
What you want is, A full fat 182 (all the toys, leather, alcantara, climate, crusie etc etc) but with both cup packs (Nicer anthracite wheels, better suspension and a better spoiler) and for the ultimate, shop around and find one with recaros (they were an option, and can also be fitted aftermarket which you could consider doing)
You seem struck on racing blue so fair enough, IMO though it looks best in Artic Blue and Black Gold. To see examples in these colours with all the options stated above, do 2 searches on this site, one for Maz (artic blue) and one for Rich (Black Gold) Both excellent examples.

2002 White RS 172.
Thanks!

Don't get me wrong, i do like the Arctic Blue, but my old Punto was too similar in colour:

657dansGTclean.jpg

The problem with black for me is the thing of it getting dirty all the time, my dad has a black car, and i've washed it a couple of times only to find it covered in filth a couple of hours later. I do like the subtlety of black though. Has anyone any idea how much the Recaros are as an option?

Monaco Blue Mk2
^ V. expensive. Think they were about a £900 option, may have been £500 but £900 seems to ring more of a bell. You can't buy new 182's anymore so you would have to find one with them on, you couldn't go into a dealer and specify. The newest you will find now is pre-reg or delivery miles at best. IMO look for a well looked after, low milage, 2nd hand, FF182 with both cup packs and recaros. This is what I'll be after in a couple of years. I know black gets dirty very easy but I think it looks so good, and is so rewarding when clean.

See below, (sure rich wont mind!)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135560&highlight=clean

Last edited:
  2002 White RS 172.
Yeah i know what you mean, i know you can't buy the new 182s anymore, i was meaning as an aftermarket opion from them. When the time comes i'll keep my eyes peeled, but the recaro's aren't totally essential (although they'd be nice to have).

The black looks amazing! :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
danclarke said:
Thanks!

Don't get me wrong, i do like the Arctic Blue, but my old Punto was too similar in colour:

657dansGTclean.jpg

The problem with black for me is the thing of it getting dirty all the time, my dad has a black car, and i've washed it a couple of times only to find it covered in filth a couple of hours later. I do like the subtlety of black though. Has anyone any idea how much the Recaros are as an option?

nice :approve: i loved midnight blue had a nice purple flip in the sun (gt3 alloys on a gt 1?!)

this was mine

000_0008.jpg

2002 White RS 172.
Very nice! what was it running, was it SEB'd etc? You on't happen to be an old puntosports member do you?

Yeah it orignally had the GT1 alloys but i prefered the anthracite, didn't really do much in the ways of mods apart from a D/V, bleed, K&N and a straight through exhaust. It was the most unreliable car i ever had, but i really miss the noise and pull.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
danclarke said:
Very nice! what was it running, was it SEB'd etc? You on't happen to be an old puntosports member do you?

Yeah it orignally had the GT1 alloys but i prefered the anthracite, didn't really do much in the ways of mods apart from a D/V, bleed, K&N and a straight through exhaust. It was the most unreliable car i ever had, but i really miss the noise and pull.

yep used to be on puntosports! mine was trouble free, just the trailing arms, never once let me down, and i still think it was screwed together better than my cup (interior) full seb2 set up including fmc, quicker straightline speed than my clio.....

i miss it :(

Hi, Need so help!! Looking for a 182 full fat with both cup extras. I know that if the car has the dark alloys then is has the upgraded suspension cup pack, but how do you if the car has the upgraded spolier cup pack. Anyone got any pictures of a standard 182 and a 182 with cup pack spoliers on? I looked on autotrader but I can't see any difference between the two. grateful for any help.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
jjosen said:
Hi, Need so help!! Looking for a 182 full fat with both cup extras. I know that if the car has the dark alloys then is has the upgraded suspension cup pack, but how do you if the car has the upgraded spolier cup pack. Anyone got any pictures of a standard 182 and a 182 with cup pack spoliers on? I looked on autotrader but I can't see any difference between the two. grateful for any help.

hi, hope this helps

12713244161.jpg

13211190591.jpg

*pics pinched off the site*

thie silver car above is a standard 182 with no cup paks. Note the rear roof spoiler (tame not very big) and silver wheels, and also look at the bottom of the front bumper (no black lip spoiler)

dscn14487ot.jpg

dscn14350ge.jpg

now this is a 182 with cup packs (including spoiler packs) it has dark alloys and note the bigger boot spoiler. At the front note the small black splitter at the bottom of the bumper

imo these little items make the car more complete, the front one especially, when you see a 182 without one it looks like its missing something.

hope this helps :cool:

Last edited:
Many thanks for you help mate. Do you think I be able to get a silver 182 for 8K with the cup packs?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
not sure tbh, you probably could but on the highish milage side?

I have seen a F/F 182 with the suspension cup pack but not with the spoiler cup pack. If I wanted to fit these afterwards, the larger rear spoiler and the front splitter, how much do you think this would cost? and where would be the best place to purchase them from? Would be grateful for any help.