ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oxfordshire Meet - February 2013 (RAF UPPER HEYFORD)

Hi everyone! FEBRUARY MEET SUNDAY 17TH 2013.

So its nearly February already which means its time to begin planning the monthly meet!

I've spoke to Stephen and he's mentioned the idea of going to the abandoned WWII RAF base at Upper Heyford. Its a brilliant location and will be a great chance to get some pictures! We're currently looking into whether we can actually get onto the base so will keep you updated!

If we cant get permission we will still go there as the surrounding area is very interesting! The more names we get on the list the more chance we have of being allowed in :)

some pictures of the base here:

8402764391_874deeed18.png 8403856376_7572f037b3.png

8402763951_af03f16aea.png 8403855688_7fc5a7cd8b.png

Attendance List
1.)Charlie

RB 182 (Cup Pack)
I'm in.If you look on some of the Urban Exploration sites (eg, 28 days later), there's some great shots of ex RAF stations. I'm pretty sure Upper Heyford is featured.

I've found this place near the RAF Base were we can meet up first, its central for those coming both from the banbury and oxford side :) its got a petrol station and over the road is the Hopcrofts Hotel/pub with a carpark, if we meet here at from 1-1:30pm that will give people plenty of time to arrive!

OX25 5QQ is the post code :) from there on we can literally drive over to the base which is 2mintues away.

8404135977_661a824e21_b.png

8405229372_ea41baa5dd_b.png

GTD, Lupo
The camp will still be guarded, not armed but a security firm at least. I cant imagine they would let you too far into the base, car club + runway = trouble. Best call up as they do let people go for tours of the base so that might be the best way to work around it. Im in the RAF so will ask around when i next pop into work.

GW 200 with Cup pack
Sounds like a cracking day... I best get cleaning my sad excuse of a 200... winter has taken it's toll but hopefully some hard graft will help.... Hopcrofts Holt is not too far from me in banbury so yeah... I'll make an effort if i can!

But i think i echo what others are saying. Gonna struggle with getting into Heyford as a 'car-club'. On the other hand draw up a 1/4 mile and lets play? haha :rasp:

May pop along, anybody know what's actually happening with it yet? Doubt we'll get in to Heyford.

I've been trying to get in contact with them but so far had no luck but due to work I can't only call outside of working hours so Charlie's now on the case.

hi everyone! i havent managed to get hold of anyone but we still up for this? we might aswell go explore around the area as there are lots of cool little places to get pictures and that! might be able to sneak in the base if we're lucky :eek:

RB 182 (Cup Pack)
I'm in, but as for the sneaking bit, I'll have to pass on that. Bit risky with my profession...

havent been able to contact the right person yet about getting in to it! however i did have a little look around the area and there are some cool places to get some pictures and that still such as the petrol station and old supermarket!

unfortunately i cant make this! been asked to work last mintue at the pub :( sorry guys/girls! hope it still happens and you all have a good day :)

172 cup
i went down at about 1.30ish and no one was there. i popped into my cousin's near by for an hour and no one was there when i left lol.

Didnt even know a time.