ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oz f1 won't sit right on car. Knocking when cars moving.

Got some 2nd hand renault oz f1. Fitted them but as soon as I pulled off there was a clunking from front end on every rotation, even at 10mph

Pulled back in home. Jacked up and the front right wheel I could rock back and forth on the hub by hand almost 1mm.

Took it off, cleaned both faces. Refitted. Still the same.
Took it off. Cleaned both faces again and rotated the wheel then Refitted. Still the same.
Tried my standard 182 wheel and sits fine.

Tightened the wheels up very tight too and still the same.

Very strange, and very gutting. Been looking forward to using these for ages and suit the car so well. But I can't use them.

The wheel looks to be in good condition with no visible buckles or damage repairs. Haven't had it balanced at a garage, that would be worth a try.
Is the only option to take it to a.machine shop to have it skimmed?

Any suggestions? I don't know what to do next

Last edited:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Sure there isn't a spigot ring left in the wheel or on the hub?

Post pics of both.

Sure there isn't a spigot ring left in the wheel or on the hub?

Post pics of both.
Won't be back with the car till Saturday. No rings. As my car had standard alloys and these came off a ph1. So their all direct fit alloys.
Get it balanced before you get it machined, F1's are like cheese anyone, so it's probably out of balance and vibrating the bolts loose.
I have hears their like cheese before.

They didn't even get past 10mph and 1/4 a mile so wouldn't have had time to vibrate loose.
I bolt the alloys on as tight as possible, then while jacked up grab say 3 o clock and 9 o clock on the wheel and I can rock it back n forth by hand about a mm. Can visibly see the wheel moving on the face of hub.
Fit my old 182 wheel and it's solid, no movement.

koi

Audi S1
Had something similar when I put f1s on mine.

With wheels off screw the bolts all the way in on the hub to make sure they are going all the way through.

Had something similar when I put f1s on mine.

With wheels off screw the bolts all the way in on the hub to make sure they are going all the way through.
I'm running 15mm hubcentric spacers.... so you may be onto something there guys. [emoji106] [emoji5]
They were fine with standard wheels but maybe different on these as the bolt may go further into the wheel than on the standards.

Going to try them without the spacers on when I get back to the car Saturday and test the bolts in the hub as you say. Cheers. Could either get shorter bolts or I'll more than likely do away with front spacers.

They look lovely on the car!
d4a9dcd2de6abccde882152e36b2939e.jpg
b3d3a46ca180802b4cf33d80535369e8.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
10mm Allen key.

I run 20mm spacers on my ph1 with my F1's and the wheel bolts needed machining down a few mm.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I machined mine down on the lathe at work.
If you remove your spacer you will see marks on the hub where the wheel bolts have bottomed out.

Got my hands on the car this morning. Good news. Wheels are on and all ok now.

Took a grinder to the front bolts to shave approximately 2mm off all front bolts. Rears are fine as their stub type spacers.

Thanks for the help all. Forum saves the day yet again!

Worst pic ever taken;
d775a8ce56a1e4f8021e6e47120ce85a.jpg

Hammering down outside so was out of the window jobby [emoji3]