ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

P GTI Shootout @ Bruntingthorpe

Trophy

Hi Folks,

Had a wicked time yesterday at Bruntingthorpe with the guys from Performance GTI even though it was bloody cold in the wind.

In attendance was me, Neil in his V6, a 21 quadra, 2 5s from k-tec, 172 from k-tec and variuos modified Pugs and Saxos which included Hardcoresax which a few of us met at York last sunday.

Im afraid i cant give you a full report of all the times achieved by everyone as i didnt get them all but heres mine;)

0-60 in 6.69s

0-100 in 17.16s

1/4 mile in 15.00s @ 93.77mph

top speed of 132.34mph

I also know that Neil got to 60 in 5.something and the quickest car to 60 was Trevs k-tec 5 turbo which managed a 4.89s!

We also discovered first why hardcoresax has modified a VTR and not a VTS as two of the saxos blew up on the day! And a 309 had to be trailered due to a knackered clutch

A highly enjoyable day with a few dramatic events like when the 205 came round the corner before where we were all parked and came skidding across the grass heading for a focus and 306! He did manage to stop though.

Cant wait till the magazine comes back out which should be next month and this article will be in Jan 03 issue!

Must also say hi to Nic who i met and had a nice chat about 16Vs with, shes just got hers so i hope well see more of her on here!

Mat.

Sounds like a lot of fun mat, forgive my ignorance mate but was it just a shoot for a magazine or a public thing ?

Those are some pretty impressive figures, Mat!:)

What, may I ask, are your mods? I am interested as I once ran a fairly standard 19 16v( many years ago! ).

Cheers!

Hehehe Trevs 5 is a beast and a half, he took me out for a spin in it week before last, fantastic straight line speed, he was only running 23 psi, but he turns it upto 35 psi for events like this :D 4.89 hehehe

mk2 172

well done mate, sounds like a top day. what timing gear do they use? just wondering how dear some of the kit is cos id like some if its not megabucks

craggy

probably not very accurate craggy.. looking at those times... :devilish:... me thinks they may be a bit optimistic.. but depends on whats been done..

Joe.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Think the mag might be "Performance GTi" Daipac, judging by the title of the topic!

Just to clarify ... I meant the optimism on the 5 gtt...

or to put it another way.. yes it may be capable of that time.. but could not be run like that for any length of time....

mmm... 4 Saxos turn up 2 go home on the back of lorries :(

Id have like to get more than two runs with the timing gear considering we spent most of the day there!

I wasnt happy with either of my runs, far too much wheels spin. Managed to painted two expensive black lines down the tarmac...

14.8s 1/4 mile

0-60 6.3s

0-100 15.2s

Top speed 135mph

Was a good day though and the Girlfriend loved taking my car out for a few laps round the track, she was very grateful http://www.saxosportsclub.com/forum/images/laughing.gif

GR7

Shiny red R32

Matt

Have you got any pictures of any of the cars at the Performance GTi Day? Especially Trevs GTT and the K-TEC 172s.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Just got this from the GTT website:

K-TEC

We were up at Bruningthorpe yesterday for a French car shoot out for Performance GTi mag. It was Renault v Citroen v Peugeot. Needless to say Renault won with Trevor’s car taking the overall title with a 0-60 in 4.89secs, 0-100 in 10.50secs and standing quarter in 13.25secs @ 108mph. Trev was closely pushed by a 21 turbo Quadre all day but managed to hold him off. The times were recorded on Racelogics £6000 timing gear.
The article will be out in the second issue of PGTi, which will be on sale in January.

David.

PS. One of the Saxos blew up before even getting a run in!!

*lol* poor old saxo boys, thatll keep em quiet for a bit

Excellent stuff from Trevor Great times from a FWD. Any chance of a sneak preview of the mag with a few of the other times on the day?

Amazing Times O-6O in 4.89!!! the 5 rules!

Ktech times

0-60 5.18
0-100 12.97
1/4 14.29
top speed 108.65
running on race fuel with additives and loadsa work by ktech racing

21Turbo Quadra times
0-60 5.06
0-100 12.56
1/4 13.55
top speed 138.57

Running on shell optimax fuel., 50bhp nos, flowed ported head,large intercooler,

Trophy

Dai,

Yeah, it was a feature for a magazine by invitation only

Pillesnoppen,

specification as follows:

1992 J clio 16V

Engine: 1,998cc F16i.e. twin-cam 16v running on mobil 1 motorsport 15w-50 fully synthetic oil. Converted by Hillpower in winter 2001/02 using a 19,000 mile block from a 1998 megane 2.0 16v. Complete with Gas flowed head with matching intake and exhaust manifolds, Piper fast road camshafts with vernier pulleys and Hillpower re-programmed ECU, Fitted at the same time was a new timing belt, williams clutch, uprated dog bone engine mount, starter motor, alternator and water pump. Colour coded rocker cover and silicon water hoses. Also with K&N 57i air filter and full Magnex stainless steel exhaust system including de-cat. Gearbox has silkolene pro srg75 fully synthetic oil. Immaculate engine bay!

Wheels and suspension: Refurbed standard phase 2 speedline five spokes with 195/50/15 Yokahama A539 tyres. Suspension lowered professionally by Hillpower with Avo adjustable coil-overs, -50mm at front; and Avo adjustable shocks, torsion bar adjusted -60mm at rear. New strut top mount kits at front.

Interior: Factory phase 2 interior, with height and lumbar adjustment. Electric windows and mirrors. Factory sunroof and Pas.

Brakes: EBC turbo groove discs with EBC greenstuff pads all round and factory ABS. New rear wheel bearings. Serviced and cleaned calipers front and rear.

Exterior: Finished in Stunning Renault carmen red 719. Never damaged or crashed - and no rust. Phase 2 rubbing strips, colour coded spoiler and phase 2 grille. Clear side repeaters. Cliosport sticker on rear screen No other body modifications.

ICE: Factory headunit with fingertip remote control. Alpine sxs 5" speakers in front doors and Alpine sxs tweeters in dash. Factory speakers in rear.

Security: Toad AI606 Thatcham Category 1 alarm and immobiliser, with remote central locking.

Performance: Rolling roaded at 131bhp @ the wheels, 170bhp @ the flywheel at Power Engineering with printout to prove. Runs the 1/4 mile in 14.738s again with timing slip to prove!

GR,

Sorry, no pics! youll have to wait for the mag to come out.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Sorry Daipac!

I have just been speaking to my chum with the light blue phase one GTT which holds the record, up to 1600cc, for the fastest quarter mile at Crail, and have to tell you that Trevors GTT yesterday was slower! Our one here did Crail 1/4 mile in 12.97 (Trevs was 13.25) and my friend has the print out as proof!

Even BenR knows this car, which was modded by GT Tuning, and he is miles away! Better luck next time Trev!! (If you read this).

Wow Matt! Theyre pretty impressive times! Will have to get my baby under the microscope of some good timing gear soon as well. Youve got one fast machine there and I very much doubt mines quite as quick (as proved by our play with that MG ZR;)). Still, I have a printout giving my engine 171.3bhp @ flywheel on an engine dyno from about 15k miles ago with the previous owner, so maybe Id better get it done myself soon.

Do you use the standard 16v gbox?