ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint chipping HELP MEEEEeee..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Well i think I will pay a friendly visit to Renault and see what they say.. hopefully they will be more than happy to sort out the problem.

Its not really that bad just now as it cant really be seen, I am just worried that it will spread right the way along the side skirts..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

thx.. I will keep you lot posted. and Reth, I will PM you the results so you can go in to your dealer armed.

Isnt the clio supposed to have a 10 year paint warranty or somthing ?

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Isnt the Clio 8 years? Was 6 years on my RT I think cos I remember paint bubbling on 7 years, grrrrrrrrrrrr

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 17 March 2003

_KDF "never raced or rallied!!!!"
wink*wink*knudge*knudge..

;) mums the word ..

whether the paint warrenty is 2 years or 12 the car is just over a year old.. shouldnt be doing that.. and as I said its mainly incase it started to spread.

um, with that amount of muck and dirt, its kinda not the paints or Renaults fault that teh paint is comming off.....i mean, JUST LOOK AT IT!!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

ye i agree if the stones chipped it all away it kinda my fault.. but its only done it on one side, and the whole lot has come off at once as it was washed the day before.

I will pay Renualt a visit tommorow cause i think there must have been a problem with the paint at that point.. the other side has no stone chips on it at all

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Well I payed Renault a little visit.

Told them what the problem is and they went to get a guy from the bodyshop to have a look.

took him out to the car, he had a little pick at it with his fingernail and said "Ye, it deffinatly shouldnt be doing that", "how old is your car ?"

I said just over 1 year. he said "Ye, it will be covered under warranty, just come inside and I will book you in and get you a courtesy car"

So its booked in for april 7th, but get this .. its gonna take 3 DAYS !! to do it. LOL

but I have got a courtesy car for the time its in. RESULT !

Reth, get your Cup into Renault and get it fixed !!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

good lad..

oh and btw.. the guy said he has already had a clio in with exactly the same problem.

tell them to phone Renualt Edinburgh, Sighthill Industrial Estate if they give you any garbage about it not being known to happen.

Got the car booked in for the 29th of this month:). in on the Saturday and pick it back up on the Monday.

Long weekend of courtesey Megane, any track days on this weekend;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

well i will be joining the ranks of the 1.2 owners for 3 days. as I drive about in my 1.2 dynamique hehe (just found out thats what I will be getting).. they didnt have any 172s for loan.. damn.

actually I really hate the look of the new meganes so i would rather have the clio 1.2 dymanique