ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paint peeling - Renault won't sort it....

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You do hear of a lot that are damaged in transit then repaired at the import centre?.

Suzuki Jimny
And I thought mine was bad! That's shocking!

Apparently mine was damaged and re-sprayed so that's why the paint is peeling off.

RB 200
Unless it's had a new front bumper I highly doubt it.

well my argument is Gally, Even if any of the cars on this thread have had a ''smart'' repair done, how's the same thing happening to multiple vehicles in the same places?! also, in my instance, its coming off along what look like mould lines from where the bumper was manufactured, underneath the headlamp too - so unless the smart repairer took my bumper off without me knowing he was even spraying my car?? theres no way anyone could have sprayed the area in question without either taking off the bumper or covering the headlamp in overspray ...

anyway, theres some warranty audit guy coming to meet me on tuesday to discuss it, and i'm going to get a neutral opinion of it from a local bodyshop after work tomorrow..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm on your side mate and if you need any other advice pm me mate.

GTD, Lupo
Well my paint issues are reaching an all time low and I finally lost my rag over the phone. My car has now been in the body shop for the last 2 weeks and they are supposedly l sorted out the paint issue but they are now refusing to paint the front bumper. The colour of the car has totally changed due to the number of paint jobs it has now had. The reason they won't paint if is because they don't want to remove the protective film I have on the bumper due to a risk of it damaging the paint!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: THEY ARE GOING TO f**king PAINT IT!! So why the hell would it matter if they damage the paint, plus the fact it just peels off.

Well its the last straw for me now! If the car comes back I will simple peel the car guard off and tell the chap who drops it off to take it back. I have all the letters printed out to reject the car now so unless it gets sorted it will be going. It's not going to be easy but I'm totally within my rights to give it back.

RB 200
yea mate, i'm at the stage where something is starting to go wrong with the 200 every week and It may time to give up on it. all be it there minor things (excluding the paint) but its a chew on and I cant be bothered. ha

Twingo GT
This is happening to my RS133 which is still under warranty but because I didn't have it from new they said the previous owner probably had it badly repaired and I can't prove it wasn't?

Bunch of cnuts if you ask me as its only a 2 year old car and its peeling from the inside corner already.

clio diesel
People on here need to learn their rights and some basic consumer law. Just because some guy in a dealer says something doesnt make it true. Learn the law and exercise your rights.

In writing. When you make it clear you know the law, these people usually dont f**k around with you.

Write to trading standards. Ask for a trading standards inspection. Renault have to obey EU and UK law like everyone else.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
People on here need to learn their rights and some basic consumer law. Just because some guy in a dealer says something doesnt make it true. Learn the law and exercise your rights.

In writing. When you make it clear you know the law, these people usually dont f**k around with you.

Write to trading standards. Ask for a trading standards inspection. Renault have to obey EU and UK law like everyone else.

One of my favourite quotes on this whole board!

People need to grab some balls.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
This is happening to my RS133 which is still under warranty but because I didn't have it from new they said the previous owner probably had it badly repaired and I can't prove it wasn't?

Bunch of cnuts if you ask me as its only a 2 year old car and its peeling from the inside corner already.

Did he prove that it had been painted.

If it's been painted you're fucked. If the paint depth gauge shows no paintwork has been done then you need to get then told!

Suzuki Jimny
So because the Renault dealership I bought it from 9 months ago refuse to sort my peeling paint what should I do? Punch them in the face?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So because the Renault dealership I bought it from 9 months ago refuse to sort my peeling paint what should I do? Punch them in the face?

Lols. Prove that it is warranty and speak to Ruk. Independent evaluation. Trading standards, your Mum!

Moaning on CS won't get your car fixed!

RB 200
Did he prove that it had been painted.

If it's been painted you're f**ked. If the paint depth gauge shows no paintwork has been done then you need to get then told!

the independent i've just been to see says it has had a smart repair done, but not in the places its effected, and certainly not under the headlamp or the wings, so i'm unsure where I'll stand with it, Suppose i'll just see this guy and see what he says on tuesday, I'm not sure what angle to approach it from, We believe its the original paintwork which is defective so I suppose I can only discuss it with him now..

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
If the repair is not in the area you are having issues with them IMO warranty should cover it.

Get on to RUK and discuss the matter, if all else fails get paint readings and a independent report also Motor Codes are worth a shout, like the FSA but for the trade.

www.motorcodes.co.uk

RB 200
Yea I went to the dealer they done a warranty claim RUK denied it, so I argued there sending there warranty auditor out on Tuesday :)

GTD, Lupo
People on here need to learn their rights and some basic consumer law. Just because some guy in a dealer says something doesnt make it true. Learn the law and exercise your rights. In writing. When you make it clear you know the law, these people usually dont f**k around with you. Write to trading standards. Ask for a trading standards inspection. Renault have to obey EU and UK law like everyone else.

I have had no issue at all getting the car in for work! It's the way the car comes out that is the problem! I have had engineers reports carried out on the paint work and independent write ups and every time the same rubbish is pushed out! Only option now if they fail this time is for the car to go! It won't be easy but like you said know the law and they will fold! Going to see a solicitor on Monday to see where I stand! Got a free 30mins to explain my side of the story!

UR 200
Mine has lacquer peel on the corner of the rear bumper where it meets the arch, have a warranty claim in ATM. The guy at the dealers body shop said; "I don't see the problem, it's only a small manufacturing defect". I told him the stone chips were hard to stomach, a manufacturing defect was unacceptable. "Seems like a lot of work for a small problem"
, "so what?". I'm on holiday ATM, reading this reminds me to chase it up when I get back!! The car was only registered in November last year!

RUK haven't had this before? My feckin arse they haven't! I've just finished working for Peugeot and can honestly say, some of the paint work on new cars is horrific!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my 200 had started to do this very slightly not as bad as yours, i had it from new until it was 10 months old, there was various other paint defects such as runs on the bottom of the passengers wing etc.
i had enough bother with it mechanically to even attempt to get the paint work sorted, hence why it went when it was 10 months old.

20k for a brand new clio 200 EDC.... hold me back!!

RB182cup&golf gti
my 200 had started to do this very slightly not as bad as yours, i had it from new until it was 10 months old, there was various other paint defects such as runs on the bottom of the passengers wing etc.
i had enough bother with it mechanically to even attempt to get the paint work sorted, hence why it went when it was 10 months old.

20k for a brand new clio 200 EDC.... hold me back!!

On our 09 plate dynamique, which we've owned from new, there are paint drip blobs hanging from the rear arch.. Shoddy finishing, no paint flaking tho.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Email that jeremy guy with a link to this thread.

He will probably be embaressed and get it sorted out!

Seems a bit mental that the paint is covered by warrenty, but when its peeling they dont fix it? I cant understand why not?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Because paint isn't really covered by warranty. Duh. Renault are just trying to keep up with the rest of the industry, being skint as f**k and totally useless with customer service (due to skint-ness) are doing them no favours though.

Have you considered contacting the wax company, giving them Renault's response, asking them to pay for the paintwork, or provide you with technical evidence that you can present to Renault to prove this is no fault of the wax?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Because paint isn't really covered by warranty. Duh. Renault are just trying to keep up with the rest of the industry, being skint as f**k and totally useless with customer service (due to skint-ness) are doing them no favours though.

Have you considered contacting the wax company, giving them Renault's response, asking them to pay for the paintwork, or provide you with technical evidence that you can present to Renault to prove this is no fault of the wax?

I don't see why he should. They should be proving how the wax affected the paintwork considering it's never been known to affect paint in 50 years. Not the other way around.

I'd be literally their worst nightmare. Especially in Gorms' case. Simply unacceptable!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't see why he should. They should be proving how the wax affected the paintwork considering it's never been known to affect paint in 50 years. Not the other way around.

I'd be literally their worst nightmare. Especially in Gorms' case. Simply unacceptable!

Thing is, I bet the Renault paint warranty has clauses where by third party products void the warranty.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

I dont believe that is factory paint TBH.

I reckon your car has been repaired in the past. (badly)

RB 200
Update on this - Just had RUK on the phone, and they said they'll pay to have the bumper re painted, the best part is - warranty said they'd authorise a smart repair (which validates warranty) but because customer support agree with me they are willing to pay a "Renault authorised body shop" to paint the whole thing.

Now I know I'm being a ***** here, but although they say otherwise, is there any way I can get RUK to pay for a indipendant to paint it? Because I've seen there bodyshops work (benfield) and it's terrible.

Suppose ive won my battle, and they've accepted it's there fault. :drunk:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If you try and make them pay someone else to paint it, then if you ever get issues in future they will certainly be able to wash their hands of it then. So even if you can, i probably wouldnt personally.

Suzuki Jimny
Stealing your thread a bit, but I've had mine approved to be sprayed too. Only issue is they want me to pay £20 a day for a courtesy car and it might be a week. Don't fancy paying £140 because of their **** up!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Agree with chipolata, let them do it, it's their problem forever then.

Matt, are you serious? Pay for a courtesy car for something they've admitted is their fault? Back on the phone to RUK!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Agree with chipolata, let them do it, it's their problem forever then.

Matt, are you serious? Pay for a courtesy car for something they've admitted is their fault? Back on the phone to RUK!

Its probably paying for a damage waiver rather than the car or some trick like that.

Dealers really do know how to get blood from a stone!

Update on this - Just had RUK on the phone, and they said they'll pay to have the bumper re painted, the best part is - warranty said they'd authorise a smart repair (which validates warranty) but because customer support agree with me they are willing to pay a "Renault authorised body shop" to paint the whole thing.

Now I know I'm being a ***** here, but although they say otherwise, is there any way I can get RUK to pay for a indipendant to paint it? Because I've seen there bodyshops work (benfield) and it's terrible.

Suppose ive won my battle, and they've accepted it's there fault. :drunk:

If you try and make them pay someone else to paint it, then if you ever get issues in future they will certainly be able to wash their hands of it then. So even if you can, i probably wouldnt personally.

Chip speaks sense mate, if it goes wrong with their approved body shop, you've got a leg to stand on if goes wrong!

GTD, Lupo
Stealing your thread a bit, but I've had mine approved to be sprayed too. Only issue is they want me to pay £20 a day for a courtesy car and it might be a week. Don't fancy paying £140 because of their **** up!

If it is all arranged through RUK they should put you in a courtesy. I have spent the last 3 weeks in one, 11 weeks this year :(.

AVOID SMART REPAIRS! They are what got my car in the mess it was in.

Suzuki Jimny
If it is all arranged through RUK they should put you in a courtesy. I have spent the last 3 weeks in one, 11 weeks this year :(.

AVOID SMART REPAIRS! They are what got my car in the mess it was in.

Cheers, will see what they come back with. Was told they would re-spray the entire rear quarter :)

GTD, Lupo
Just to give the old post a bump. Any progress with any of the issues?

Since having my car back from paint for 3 weeks paint has started to come off, i will get some pictures up in a bit but it is a mess!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just to give the old post a bump. Any progress with any of the issues?

Since having my car back from paint for 3 weeks paint has started to come off, i will get some pictures up in a bit but it is a mess!

Do they actually have a spray booth where your car keeps going or do they just drink the paint and piss it on?